Survivor
2304 posts

Re: The "Please do NOT..." competitive multiplayer thread

Sep 5, 2012

I agree with your ideas and eveything, but with everyone saying they shouldn't have competitve, all you have to do is not play it, lol. And how do people know ND will have one or the other? They could possibly have BOTH co-op and competitve.

Ya never know...

watchdogs
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 99 (469 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

Am I the only one who doesn't care about having MP in TLOU? I guess so. LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 99 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Sep 6, 2012
LilJohn, I guess it's because people would rather play co-op for this kind of game, and if ND make competitive then they're spending time on that instead of improving the co-op mode.

Also some people will play the competitive just to add longevity to the game, and if it turns out bad turn it will tarnish the experience for them.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 99 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4073 posts

Sep 6, 2012

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

I agree with your ideas and eveything, but with everyone saying they shouldn't have competitve, all you have to do is not play it, lol. And how do people know ND will have one or the other? They could possibly have BOTH co-op and competitve.

Ya never know...

Im just saying i would prefer a deeply developed CO-OP like Mass effect 3, none the less ill be playing the mutiplayer  

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 99 (442 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 7, 2012

I don't agree entirely with the no respawn point. Although I do think a mode like elimination should be really fleshed out, and play a bigger role in the game.

Im a little on the fence about hipfire, but I think as long as theres no auto-lock and movement speed isn't ridiculously fast it should be fine.

PLEASE DO NOT

• Create Asymmetrical maps - Unless it's a Free For All, 99% of the time it needlessly ruins basic map balancing.
  • Introduce loadouts - Everyone should start off on even ground. A revolver with 12 shots for example.
  • Make the MP a chore - It's ok to have 2 or 3 really hard unlockables, but excessive grinding is no fun at all...
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 99 (410 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Sep 7, 2012

calcunnon wrote:
By blindfire I take it you mean auto-locking? Because the ability to shoot whilst moving should be allowed as long as the game doesn't auto-lock-on to the opponent like in U3, in my opinion.

I do now. I changed my post

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 99 (405 Views)
Survivor
2304 posts

Sep 8, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:

LiLJohnR10 wrote:

Ya never know...

Im just saying i would prefer a deeply developed CO-OP like Mass effect 3, none the less ill be playing the mutiplayer  

I kinda hated the ME3 co-op. It wasn't really my style.

Just sayin...

watchdogs
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 99 (392 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 8, 2012

To be honest I would be perfectly fine with no MP modes at all. It's just seeing as how 90% of games are going to include it anyways...there's not much you can do besides give input.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 99 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 11, 2012

I say if anything jsut have a compeditive coop mode you play coop but it goes by points where the one with most points in end of round wins.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 99 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Sep 11, 2012
In my opinion, having a co-op where the player with the most points wins, is not co-op. that's more competitive than anything.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 99 (355 Views)