Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: The "Please do NOT..." competitive multiplayer thread

[ Edited ]
Dec 10, 2012

I think I agree with everything you just said, Darkai.

I'd also like to add that ND should not leave out fall damage. Falling from a height should cause damage, and falling from a great height should lead to death.

Also, when a character falls and hurts themselves, they should show it. A 'stumbled landing' animation should slow you down for a bit, instead of just rolling out of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 99 (309 Views)
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

I 10,000% agree with all of these guidelines, especially that almost everything should be scavenged from within the map. ABSOLUTELY NO LOADOUTS.

Also, to make sure I don't feel too let down about the multiplayer I'm making sure I keep my expectations quite low.

_________
I often find myself between a rock and a crazy place...
_________
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 99 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Updated the original post with more entries.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 99 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Please don't hold casual gamers' hands like with U3. If someone sucks at this game, make them have to put effort in to become good like us hardcore gamers. No more unnecessary, ridiculous **bleep** like quickboom, SA or anything like kickbacks and powerplays. Let those who are good at the game ALWAYS win, and those who aren't have to invest time to get good. We don't need BrokenGamezHD ripping TLOU in half too lol. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 99 (244 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1612 posts

Dec 11, 2012

If they somehow create a unique survivalist kind of gametype, it would be fine. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 99 (236 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4590 posts

Dec 11, 2012
I love calcunnon's idea about taking out stats. There are still way too many stats freaks in Uncharted 3, and it's quite clear given the amount of times I've been removed from the game due to a host sign-out. So yeah, remove KDR, WLR, deaths, and losses from leaderboards and stats cards, if LBs and SCs do make it in TLOU.
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 99 (231 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1955 posts

Dec 11, 2012

harrisj16 wrote:

Please don't hold casual gamers' hands like with U3. If someone sucks at this game, make them have to put effort in to become good like us hardcore gamers. No more unnecessary, ridiculous **bleep** like quickboom, SA or anything like kickbacks and powerplays. Let those who are good at the game ALWAYS win, and those who aren't have to invest time to get good. We don't need BrokenGamezHD ripping TLOU in half too lol. 

^This. As a veteran of many shooters and multiplayer games, it's become a terrible trend for people to coddle individuals on the multiplayer front. Not to get "old fashioned" but I will never forget getting my face trampled in Quake 3 Arena. The learning curve for that game was high, specifically at the time it was released and I learned a lot from getting thrashed about by better players. I know today's generation doesn't have the attention span to stick it out when they are losing and everyone wants multiplayer to be "little leagues". Not everyone wins and sometimes you have to be the "doormat" before you figure it all out. 

I believe devs are just afraid of the "hardcore" aspect. Too hardcore and it will scare feeble minded players away...which in our case, is a majority of today's multiplayer gamers. The concept is to make money to support the studio and if you scare players away because it is "too hard", then that's a loss of future revenue. But, there are many other options involved if you keep the hardcore aspect to the multiplayer itself. You're more likely to have a large group of diehards rally around the game if it's predicated on "skill" not some other notion. Plus, I know quite a few UC players who would gladly teach/coach/support "newer" or lower tier players. It's our duty as a community, correct? 

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 99 (200 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Dec 11, 2012

harrisj16 wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 99 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Dec 11, 2012

I'm perfectly okay if ND decides to "hold casual gamer's hand" on the mp portion of this game. I really don't see is a big deal. If it will help TLOU online community to grow, I would not have a problem with it. I think ND can find a way to help online MP newcomers while still being fair to everybody.

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 99 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Dec 11, 2012

If they decide to make it easier for the casual gamer, there needs to be a hardcore mode of some ype for the true gamers to get the true expereince. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 99 (161 Views)
0 Likes