Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Re: The "Please do NOT..." competitive multiplayer thread

Dec 11, 2012

I think one multiplayer mode should be called "survival". You start off with a certain loadout and go out and survive. You could form alliances via voicechat or just being kind and free roam a small quadrant of the game.

Last Of Us GOTY
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 99 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Dec 15, 2012
ND please don't make this similar to Uncharted. You have us worried with the reveal of Boosters :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 99 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Dec 15, 2012
The inclusion of boosters doesn't mean it'll be like Uncharted. Boosters allow people to pick how they want to play, without becoming a major balance issue. As long as they don't go overboard with something as dumb as kickbacks, I'm ok.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 99 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Dec 15, 2012
Please don't add a Legacy/Prestiege system. That's a yawn-fest.
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 99 (258 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Dec 17, 2012

calcunnon wrote:
Please don't add a Legacy/Prestiege system. That's a yawn-fest.

Yeah, NO LEGACY  

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 99 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

I played Uncharted 3 multiplayer for the first time in a long time today, and it reminded me what utter garbage it is, and so it made me want to highlight a few more things, which I've added to the original post. They are:

15. Please DO NOT have some sort of quick-grenade-drop function (like Uncharted 3's roll+grenade) because nobody would ever drop a grenade at their own feet and run away.

16. Whilst we're at it, please DO NOT have a roll function. Nobody actually rolls around during a gunfight.

17. Please DO NOT make our characters simply punch and stand there like a retarded **bleep** after showing us a stealth icon. Why tell us we are able to get a stealth kill, only to then have us get stuck where we are and then get killed because of it? No thanks.

Edited profanity U--J

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 99 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 22, 2013

So can the lot of us just agree, we wouldn't mind the multiplayer being a naughty dog dayz clone...

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 99 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

xxBAss_HeAd420xx wrote:

So can the lot of us just agree, we wouldn't mind the multiplayer being a naughty dog dayz clone...

I'm actually hoping for a competitive multiplayer, not like DayZ. Though if they do make it like DayZ, which is very unlikely, you won't see any complaints from me.

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 99 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 23, 2013
As long as it doesn't feel like another Uncharted multiplayer, it's probably fine with me.
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 99 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 24, 2013

"4. Please DO NOT have respawning. One life per round is much more tense, and strengthens the point I made in number (2)."

I agree and disagree with this, there should be modes with and without respawn.  When I want to play hardcore and for real I'll play without spawns.  But, if I'm just looking to have fun and not be annoyed when I die because I have wait for the next round.  There should be modes with respawn so you can have fun with the game two.  One of hose ideas doesn't work without the other.  In order to get perfect execution with online mode, both modes must be present for pros who don't want respawns or casual players that just want to play.  Ignorance is the key to failure.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 99 (109 Views)
0 Likes