Fender Bender
2836 posts

Re: The "Please do NOT..." competitive multiplayer thread

Apr 3, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
How do people feel about Tracers?

And on a similar topic, how about silencers?

what are tracers?

silencers would be cool, I liked them in the single player of Uncharted 3, shame it was not in the multiplayer, I like being stealthy, I don't think they would fit in the multiplayer of the last of us though (if it has a competitive component), guns should be rare and if you use them it should come with a disadvantage, which is sound, else they would be to overpowered I think...

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 99 (477 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7419 posts

Apr 3, 2013
^ Tracers, in this case, are the white smoke trails that trail behind a bullet when fired. They can be used to help find out where the bullets are coming from

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 99 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2836 posts

Apr 3, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
^ Tracers, in this case, are the white smoke trails that trail behind a bullet when fired. They can be used to help find out where the bullets are coming from

ok, thanks :smileyhappy:

so to answer the question then: I think tracers must be also in there then, using guns must have disadvantages to make up for the big advantage that you have over unarmed opponents... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 99 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Good points. I think whether or not Tracers would be an overpowering factor in guns depends on the ammo scarcity. If ammo is rare, having no tracers might be nice. But if there's plenty of ammo (I really hope not) then yeah, having tracers would help balance them.
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 99 (310 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7419 posts

Apr 3, 2013
This may be farfetched, but maybe have tracers depend on the environment. If it's night and/or a dusty area, there will be more defined tracers. If it's clear, daytime, have a very unnoticeable tracer.

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 99 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2344 posts

Apr 3, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
This may be farfetched, but maybe have tracers depend on the environment. If it's night and/or a dusty area, there will be more defined tracers. If it's clear, daytime, have a very unnoticeable tracer.

Sweet idea.

Though tracers are a type of round typically used to be aware of what direction friendly bullets are heading, useful for military or police force. It might make sense if whether or not we fire tracers depend on where/who we found the ammo from. For instance we might find what's left of a tracer mag on a dead military dude vs a dead bandit who has typical ammo.

It's also worth it to mention that tracers can be used to ignite flammable stuff like gas tanks and what not. So it would balance out in a way, as tracers give away your position (especially at night) but can used to detonate traps as a normal bullet would not. This is all probably even more far fetched though. 

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 99 (220 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7419 posts

Apr 3, 2013
^ I wasn't talking about tracer ammo. I'm refering to the trails left behind by bullets that are made of smoke.

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 99 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2344 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I was just adding to the overall tracer discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 99 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP