Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2013
By: Mockers- Hekseville Citizen 293 posts

The stuff we wanted/expected in MP!

21 replies 583 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

I am not dissapointed I actually love the MP concept but I think most of us already expected this. I and others were expecting diffrent MP crossing the boundries a little bit out of the whole TDM mode scenerio. I am gonna list a couple thing's everyone expected from The Last Of Us MP.

-Co-op mode or co-op horde mode- I think a ton of us expected a co-op mode or at least a co-op horde mode.

-Infected- I think 70% of us expected infected to play a part. I was at least expecting some infected to be in the MP maps while we play. I am suprised they didn't add them to some of the maps it would have been a huge instresting take on MP making stealth even more important. They could of at least made a seperate mode TDM style with infected in the map.

-Darker enviroments- I think some of us expected darker enviroments that need the use of flashlights. I mean I have't seen all the maps but it's pretty clear this is not a focus

-Dynamic events- Now it's still not clear if dynamic events happen but we haven't heard anything from the previews so far. I was really expecting dynamic events like Uncharted introduced like random Sandstorms and etc. Not trying to copy Uncharted what-so-ever but I think it would of been cool for a bilzzard to roll through whule you're playing the snow map and etc. It's still a possability stuff like this happens but doubtful. Also random events of infected coming would of been awesome to kind of like I added i the previous mention.

-Diffrent or more modes- I think we all expected we would get more uniqe modes and more then two. I was defiantly expecting modes with a twist and etc.

-More players- Four is not bad but I think it would of been nice to include 6 on each team. This is not a problem for people but 6 on each team for a specific game mode would of been cool.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Message 1 of 22 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Re: The stuff we wanted/expected in MP!

Jun 4, 2013
Your arms are just too short to box with God - CM Punk.

Nice thread though, that's why I never hyped myself the MP.

It's a sp driven game bro.
Message 2 of 22 (571 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 4, 2013

To answer your concerns:

-DO NOT RULE OUT CO-OP.

Infected - Yes, but only in co-op mode. It sounds like a good idea on paper for competitive, but actually think about it. Imagine fighting real players while there is infected chasing you and killing you. It would be WAY too frustrating. 

-The dark enviroments is nothing to go crazy over. It would be cool, but it's nothing that should be a deciding factor in whether you're going to buy the game or not. 

-Dynamic Events would be cool indeed. Imagine if the game was carrying on for too long and no one was making a move. It would be cool if the infected flooded the map if a certain time-frame was met. 

-More modes could be possible, but I like what they're offering. Let's hope it don't get stale.

-6 players would have to be the MAX for each team. I like the idea of 4 on 4. Too many players means too much will be going on which I don't like in a game like this. The fewer players means there is more to strategize and gives you time to craft.

Message 3 of 22 (560 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

I am not dissapointed I actually love the MP concept but I think most of us already expected this. I and others were expecting diffrent MP crossing the boundries a little bit out of the whole TDM mode scenerio. I am gonna list a couple thing's everyone expected from The Last Of Us MP.

-Co-op mode or co-op horde mode- I think a ton of us expected a co-op mode or at least a co-op horde mode.

-Infected- I think 70% of us expected infected to play a part. I was at least expecting some infected to be in the MP maps while we play. I am suprised they didn't add them to some of the maps it would have been a huge instresting take on MP making stealth even more important. They could of at least made a seperate mode TDM style with infected in the map.

-Darker enviroments- I think some of us expected darker enviroments that need the use of flashlights. I mean I have't seen all the maps but it's pretty clear this is not a focus

-Dynamic events- Now it's still not clear if dynamic events happen but we haven't heard anything from the previews so far. I was really expecting dynamic events like Uncharted introduced like random Sandstorms and etc. Not trying to copy Uncharted what-so-ever but I think it would of been cool for a bilzzard to roll through whule you're playing the snow map and etc. It's still a possability stuff like this happens but doubtful. Also random events of infected coming would of been awesome to kind of like I added i the previous mention.

-Diffrent or more modes- I think we all expected we would get more uniqe modes and more then two. I was defiantly expecting modes with a twist and etc.

-More players- Four is not bad but I think it would of been nice to include 6 on each team. This is not a problem for people but 6 on each team for a specific game mode would of been cool.

You've kind of said everything...I mean, there's nothing left to say

Reading about what could have been & what we actually got, makes me kinda despressed. But I'm still optimistic.

But that 4v4 thing is really sad.... 6v6 would have been epic along side infected running all over the map

Message 4 of 22 (546 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Yeah wish 6v6 was in their.

Message 5 of 22 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Jun 4, 2013

4v4 feels like a vita mp game lol.IDc though as long as the game is good

Message 6 of 22 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

Co-op mode is still possible. Don't rule it out.

Not sure how well this could work. We all like to invision everything working flawlessly but adding multiple npc's that attack both player factions would not be easy, from a programming or balancing standpoint. It just seems a little too ambitous, even for this game.

The game is about a post-apocolyptic setting, destroyed buildings, abandoned schools, hospitals, cities. The game isn't about vampires. :smileywink:

It's possible, but it's not really a big deal.

Agreed, although anything more than 4 or 5 would be too much. Less playlists = More concentrated player pool = less lag and better matches.

I'm indifferent, but 4v4 makes the game much more tactical.

Message 7 of 22 (443 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Jun 4, 2013
I was expecting melee to play a bigger role, it looks decent going off the gameplay, but its clear shooting in the bread and butter.

I was really expecting something like in Metal Gear Online with more grappling and the ability to take other players hostage, maybe use them as human shields. If you come up behind a player, rather than just instantly snap his or her neck (which i'm sure will be the case) why not have it so you can grab the player to use as a shield and/or loot their equipment, you could get a bonus for doing it on alive enemies, there could be a risk/reward factor to it: kill the player, get less loot of their corpse, grab them, loot them whilst their still alive for a bigger reward, but risk having another enemy come along and kill you, freeing the hostage. That would have been cool.

Otherwise its pretty much the same stuff, coop is still up in the air i guess, i'll be really disappointed if we dont get a hoard mode, and only two modes does suck. Also i hope we get a really good amount of maps to add variety seeing as only two modes isnt going ot do that.
Message 8 of 22 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Im still hoping that this is for The Last of Us!

Message 9 of 22 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Mockers- wrote:
Yeah wish 6v6 was in their.

6x6 just seems like it would be too much for ND's netcode...  Hell, at times it seemed like they had a hard enough time with 5x5.  Granted, when your player base is as spread out as their is you there might not be much of anything you can do... but I suspect that the 4x4 (and the lack of splitscreen) is to help combat the lag seen in the UC series and also make sure everyone has a buddy to spawn on and whatnot.

I kind of thought we would see a Horde mode at the vary least...  There popular and pretty easy to do...  Then again, like I mentioned in another thread, they only announcned/lifted the embargo on the competive part of MP and we will have some sort of co-op mode...  (I do sort of doubt it.)

Message 10 of 22 (357 Views)
0 Likes