8 posts

Oh internet.

Dec 15, 2011
Oh internet.
Message 21 of 65 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

But I'm not argueing, I'm just stating the fact that this...

Dec 15, 2011

arne wrote:

Really?  You're going to argue with me about this? 

I suppose telling you that both Evan Wells and the person who captured the video can attest to that's what happened since it was Evan whose playthrough we captured and the video editor was the one there setting up the FCP project?

Frankly, I doubt it - I feel you are convinced we're actually lying to you about this minor thing.  For what purpose? One gameplay video out of many more that were correctly captured at 30fps. 

But I'm not argueing, I'm just stating the fact that this video presents 60 uniques frames per second. Anyone can see that by themselves.

If the source is indeed 30fps that's about 8000 frames coming out of thin air. With no signs of motion interpolation, that you'd have to setup knowingly anyway.

Just stating facts here.

And my point wasn't about this single movie that for some reason doesn't showcase the game with fidelity, but the fact most media shown is fake / doctored / oversampled / ambiguously presented to mislead people.

Add in the fact that it's coming from a Sony studio, which has a long history in these manners (hi2u killzone 2 trailer).

Long story short you'd come out greater by presenting real medias. I'm a grown up, I can handle the aliased truth. At least I'll know what it does really looks like and I would feel I'm not being lied to.

Message 22 of 65 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5378 posts

Wow. Who cares.

Dec 15, 2011
Wow. Who cares.
Message 23 of 65 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

^ This. Arne should not have to waste his time at all ans...

Dec 15, 2011

calcunnon wrote:
Wow. Who cares.

^ This. Arne should not have to waste his time at all answering things that people are not going to give a toss about.

Message 24 of 65 (93 Views)
Big Daddy
17033 posts

FFS, what a knob upthread.   Who give a big fat flying **...

Dec 15, 2011

FFS, what a knob upthread.

Who gives a big fat flying **** what frame rate weas used, what render is used, what the graphics are, what the gameplay dynamic is.

In the end, you're either going to have a great experienceor you're not.  It's apparent from UC3 that ND has lost the mojo, the will or the desire to produce another classic.  Moving on is likely their best bet.

Hey, not all the Bond movies, Raiders movies, Star Wars movies or other franchises are perfect from film to film.

Hammer ND for poor technical support, for failure to meet deadlines, sure.  But get of the ********* framerate from a game that's fine as is, and move on with your sad, sorry, crappy excuse for a life.

One suspects the company is balls-in busy.  So let'em get on with things.

[ 39 ]
Message 25 of 65 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5378 posts

That was far too many words for a 'deal with it' post!

Dec 15, 2011
Message 26 of 65 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Some people likes to discuss technical aspects of videoga...

Dec 15, 2011

Some people likes to discuss technical aspects of videogames. Feel free to not read the threads about this. :smileyindifferent:

Message 27 of 65 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
17033 posts

There's a difference between arguing code and image rende...

Dec 15, 2011

The_Hpman wrote:

Some people likes to discuss technical aspects of videogames. Feel free to not read the threads about this. :smileyindifferent:

There's a difference between arguing code and image render, and arguing about a misstatement by the company.

[ 39 ]
Message 28 of 65 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
17033 posts

You can always take his advice and choose not to read it....

Dec 15, 2011

calcunnon wrote:

You can always take his advice and choose not to read it.  :smileywink:

[ 39 ]
Message 29 of 65 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

What irritates me is that Arne chooses to waste his and o...

Dec 15, 2011

What irritates me is that Arne chooses to waste his and our time by replying to petty things like THIS, instead of attempting to address the concerns we have about Uncharted 3.  

When is the flashback map pack coming out?  

What is being looked into for the next patch, if anything?  

Will there be any holiday bonuses like we had with Uncharted 2?  

Most of us couldn't care less about the framerate.  No offense to those of you who do care about it, but **bleep** man. Arne replies 4 times to this thread, but says nothing about Uncharted 3.  But don't worry, it hasn't been forgotten...  -___-

Message 30 of 65 (93 Views)
0 Likes