Jun 09 2013
By: Aldro I Only Post Everything 872 posts

There IS A GORE function!

8 replies 5040 views Edited Jun 9, 2013

Sorry, I remember someone asking me ages ago and I said its not there. Ingame if you look at options its not there, but I just saw its there in the main menu. I apologize and hope whoever asked this sees it!

Message 1 of 9 (5,040 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Re: There IS A GORE function!

Jun 9, 2013

This is good news for people who hate violence, but you would think they would find a way to censor the language as well. What's the point of disabling the blood when kids are around when you hear F-Bombs going off every few minutes? I'm not complaining because I will never disable the gore. 

Message 2 of 9 (3,892 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
598 posts

Jun 9, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

This is good news for people who hate violence, but you would think they would find a way to censor the language as well. What's the point of disabling the blood when kids are around when you hear F-Bombs going off every few minutes? I'm not complaining because I will never disable the gore. 

If you're playing a mature game, you need to be cautious when the kids are around anyway. (Unfortunately, most people aren't.)

I am the one who knocks.
Message 3 of 9 (790 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 9, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

This is good news for people who hate violence

Yeah it's fine to see someone get stabbed in the face, but if there's blood coming out, that's crossing the line for sure!

Message 4 of 9 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jun 10, 2013

why would i want to remove blood? i just luv the sight of red liquid gashing out of someones face. ok im thirsty now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 9 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 10, 2013

It's an M rated game. If you're not 17+ you shouldn't be playing it anyway.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 6 of 9 (569 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Totally right.

And why censor any part of this masterpeice? If you're afraid of gore, this is the wrong game for you.

Playstation Realms
Message 7 of 9 (557 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Aldro wrote:

Sorry, I remember someone asking me ages ago and I said its not there. Ingame if you look at options its not there, but I just saw its there in the main menu. I apologize and hope whoever asked this sees it!

Good, some people just don't want to see violence and it's good to always give them the option. I may or may not turn it off, I don't really pay much attention to violence but I do have a little sister who looks forward to playing, may turn it off for her, or my dad. I will probably leave it on, for the sake of realism.

Message 8 of 9 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 10, 2013

The gore makes it more realistic so I'm leaving it on.

I can see why Naughty Dog added the toggle though, I know some people can't handle seeing guts.

Message 9 of 9 (472 Views)
0 Likes