Reply
Apr 02 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Host 9508 posts
Offline

They're currently filming another dev diary

[ Edited ]
20 replies 396 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

Its awesome to the have @area5 guys in the office so much, almost feels like the are full timers.

— Jason Paul (@jmpaul) April 2, 2013
https://twitter.com/jmpaul/status/319204450126409728
Jason Paul is a ND developer
Area5 are the guys that made this video:
What do you think the new video will be about?

<script charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script>

Message 1 of 21 (396 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/30/2011
Offline
1566 posts
 

Re: There currently filming another dev diary

Apr 2, 2013
*They're :smileywink:

lol I kid, anyway great find. Wonder what the topic for dev diary # 2 is.
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 2 of 21 (389 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
9508 posts
 

Re: There currently filming another dev diary

Apr 2, 2013

MikeBoyz3569 wrote:
*They're :smileywink:

lol I kid, anyway great find. Wonder what the topic for dev diary # 2 is.

What are you talking about?

 

Spoiler
:smileytongue:

 

Message 3 of 21 (381 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/20/2011
Offline
322 posts
 

Re: They're currently filming another dev diary

Apr 2, 2013
Hmm... I thought they would film it all at once and then break it down into several segments. Explains the long wait for episode 2 I guess.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 4 of 21 (367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: They're currently filming another dev diary

Apr 2, 2013

Since #1 was about the look and sound of the infected I'm hoping that #2 is about the sights and sound of fellow humans, both friendly and foe, and how they impact gameplay. I don't think I'll ever get tired of raw mocap footage and I'd like to see more of the human AI from more modern builds.

 

They could do these dev diaries on anything though and I'd still be happy lol.

Message 5 of 21 (366 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/26/2008
Offline
768 posts
 

Re: There currently filming another dev diary

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

I bet I know why they're filming today. Troy Baker (the voice of Joel) tweeted, today is their FINAL session of voice recordings for The Last of Us.



.
Message 6 of 21 (363 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: There currently filming another dev diary

Apr 2, 2013

Good, I enjoy the diaries. 

 


Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 7 of 21 (348 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: They're currently filming another dev diary

Apr 3, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Its awesome to the have @area5 guys in the office so much, almost feels like the are full timers.

— Jason Paul (@jmpaul) April 2, 2013
https://twitter.com/jmpaul/status/319204450126409728
Jason Paul is a ND developer
Area5 are the guys that made this video:
What do you think the new video will be about?

<script charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script>


I hope environments, but anything is alright, I always like dev diaries:

dev diaries > trailers > gameplay demo's > teaser trailers > interviews :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 21 (311 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/07/2010
Offline
363 posts
 

Re: They're currently filming another dev diary

Apr 3, 2013

@ 1:20 i was like "That looks like bi... Oh sh! Bill turned into mushrooom walker!" Then I looked at the other trailer and noticed bill has full hair lol.

+============================================================+
Message 9 of 21 (275 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
520 posts
 

Re: There currently filming another dev diary

Apr 3, 2013

loakum wrote:

I bet I know why they're filming today. Troy Baker (the voice of Joel) tweeted, today is their FINAL session of voice recordings for The Last of Us.


Wow. I don't know why, but I thought they were done a long time ago :smileyembarrassed: Weird that I thought that.

Message 10 of 21 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes