Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Re: Think there will be a midnight release?

Jun 7, 2013

No midnight release where I live....

I'd have to get it at 10am

Message 11 of 18 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 7, 2013

studio35 wrote:

No midnight release where I live....

I'd have to get it at 10am

If you can get it as digital download, ND has confirmed it will be a day one midnight release

Message 12 of 18 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jun 7, 2013

my gamestops doin midnight shreds where i live to. ill be there. they bonerd me out of a survival edt but these days im ok with it due to my massive, if not wholsome and complete loss of hype. not for neg reasons really, just over studyed the game. ill be there at midnights. 

Alone and forsaken by fate and by man. Oh lord if you hear me please hold my hand. Oh please understand.
Message 13 of 18 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
Midnight releases are completely up to the store in question. If the store decides to do a midnight release for the game, then they will do so.

If you're wondering what stores will and will not be doing midnight releases, then I suggest calling the stores in question and asking about it. If they aren't, then you'll have to go in normal hours or find another store that is doing a midnight release.

As for a digital preorder, those are usually activated by the PS Store updating on the day of release. There has been an occasion where digital preorders were activated at midnight PDT (or around 3 AM EDT), so it would technically be a midnight release for those who preordered or would like to buy it. I don't know if TLoU will do this, but it's possible.

To add to this

Typically a mid night release depends on the amount of pre orders a game gets and most of the time the store wont know till the day of. This is how most gamestops function, so would call the day before.  

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 14 of 18 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Butt Cheeks

Jun 7, 2013

My GameStop that I pre-ordered the Post-Pandemic Edition from said they're planning to open at 11:30 PM to just let people in and get the game early. I'd assume it'd be a 30 minute wait, though. They never like to let anyone but employyes play games early. But mine is definately having a midnight release.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 15 of 18 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Just called my GameStop, they said they will have it.

When Tomb Raider came out I got there around 11:30pm and was one of the first 10 people in line, got the game minutes after midnight. I'll probably get there around 11 this time.
Message 16 of 18 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Jun 7, 2013

If you live in L.A. there will lots of midnight releases!  Get Ready!

Message 17 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 7, 2013

What the hell... Mine is being stupid and might not have it. I will be a sad man if this don't happen!

Message 18 of 18 (58 Views)
0 Likes