Fender Bender
2499 posts

Re: This game didn't grab me

Aug 10, 2013

I wish I could unlock the last three loadout points already so I can finally combine my stealth and support loadout.

But nope, I'm still stuck at Week 4 cause Steam Summer Sale

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 60 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2048 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

I wish I could unlock the last three loadout points already so I can finally combine my stealth and support loadout.

Oh poor you. 

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 60 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Aug 10, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

ND did a great job creating a good story and making a believable apocalyptic world. The SP game-play elements on the other hand consisted of your basic 3rd person stealth and cover shooter. Game play wise it needed more polish.

The way the maps and story play out means there is really only one way to play this game. There aren't any alternate routes or anything decision wise that will make a 2nd playthru any different from your first. If your thorough and beat the game once, there really is very little new to see after that.

It was a good game. 10/10 is a bit much. 9/10 is personaly what I'd score it

Gotta disagree with you there. I feel the gameplay was one of the most underrated aspects of TLOU. There's more variety then you give it credit for - from shootouts to slower paced, creepy areas that wouldn't look out of place in Deadspace to breathless set pieces. It's polished, tense and exciting all at once and there's actually plenty of room to use different tactics and to improvise. No offence but maybe you're playing it wrong?

Also, to criticise TLOU for being liner is like criticizing Fallout 3 for being open world. Some people seem to think linearity is always a bad thing but done correctly it allows a cohesiveness and pacing that you couldn't get in a non linear game and Naughty Dog do linear better then anyone.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 60 (215 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10659 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013

I don’t think you should feel bad about not liking a video game as much as someone else or not wanting to replay it immediately after finishing its single-player campaign. We all have different tastes and preferences. We also have different uses for our time. As long as you enjoy the video games that you play through it shouldn’t matter too much how many times you actually play through them.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 60 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2499 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Oh poor you. 

Yer just mad you missed it, dintcha

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 60 (201 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
836 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Lol so much variety? What magic pipe are you smoking out of? You literally stealth killed everybody or you had to shoot it out. The maps were as linear as possible, you literally only had 1 way to go. 

If you tried being stealthy in a situation where the game wants you to fight it out, weird things happened. Point in case the part in Pittsburgh where Ellie is covering you with a rifle. I stealth killed everybody there only for the game to spawn in more enemies in the corners of the map. It was like the game wasn't going to let me ninja that segment - it was actually forcing you into a combat situation.

But hey "I just suck". Keep calling good games "the best ever" and see how much more innovative developers get. It's called constructive criticism and I post it here in hopes of making TLOU sequel even better. 

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 60 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4811 posts

Aug 10, 2013
I'm actually pretty decent at MP. Doesn't every game with TDM include teamwork? 1 vs. 5 in TDM and you're probably going to lose.

That's the argument I see when people, like myself, don't enjoy this multiplayer. People automatically assume "he doesn't like it because it involves teamwork." Um, no. I don't like it because I don't like it. There are plenty of reasons I don't like this game.

I think the game is fine where it is, but it's not for me.
 photo nikemurphdawg_zps66fe1e36.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 60 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2048 posts

Aug 10, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Oh poor you. 

Yer just mad you missed it, dintcha

I'm mad because my laptop is a piece of crap that can't run any game that I would buy. Lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 60 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2048 posts

Aug 10, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I'm actually pretty decent at MP. Doesn't every game with TDM include teamwork? 1 vs. 5 in TDM and you're probably going to lose.

That's the argument I see when people, like myself, don't enjoy this multiplayer. People automatically assume "he doesn't like it because it involves teamwork." Um, no. I don't like it because I don't like it. There are plenty of reasons I don't like this game.

I think the game is fine where it is, but it's not for me.

That makes sense. 

Just disgusting was a tad much. Haha. 

I like your Deadpool avatar btw. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 60 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4811 posts

Aug 10, 2013
Eh, I suppose it was. All the stress it gave me trying to keep my "clan" alive. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for liking the avatar.
 photo nikemurphdawg_zps66fe1e36.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 60 (185 Views)
0 Likes