Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: This game didn't grab me

Aug 12, 2013

SwisherSweetx wrote:

Lol its funny. If anybody even says something remotely bad about TLOU, the community goes up in arms. THE GAME WAS NOT PERFECT! If you people can't accept constructive critisicm, I think that pretty much makes you all the definition of a fanboy

The game wasn't perfect but I only dislike the criticism if it's unnecessary or pointless. (e.g. AI sucks - still one of the most top-notch AI on linear games)

I agree on glitches being sometimes mildly annoying, but none have been major enough to deduct from 10/10 score.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 51 of 60 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Aug 13, 2013

@cdub, I'd like to apologise if my last post sounded a bit aggressive or rude. Trust me, it was out of character. Somebody else said I sounded like a Last of Us fanboy and maybe I am (arn't we all on this site?) but not to the extent that I can't see the games flaws or that I can't accept other people making valid criticisms. It's just that I didn't feel your opinions were valid but you weren't doing anyone any harm and there was no excuse for the tone of my post. I guess we just need to agree to disagree and move on.

Message 52 of 60 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13392 posts

Aug 13, 2013

johngie wrote:

And I feel bad about it.

I mean, I love ND games. I love TPS', action-adventuring, and stealthiness. Why didn't I fall in love with TLOU? I'm legitimately perplexed. Don't get me wrong, TLOU is a great game. It deserved it's scores, and I honestly thought it lived up to that E3 demo, but nothing about it makes me want to come back for more, and it's confusing.

I've had it since almost day 1, even preordered the Survival Edition, and I just beat it tonight. The only things that kept me going were that I have a huge backlog and a "one at a time" rule (and TLOU was stopping me from finishng AC3), and the amazing story. More than once I turned off the game thinking "Holy sh-- that was incredible." but by the next day, I pretty much stopped wanting to play the game. 

I only bring this up because I just saw someone mention they were on their third straight playthrough. That was me with Bioshock: Infinite. I played the hell out of that game 3 times back-to-back, platinumed it ASAP.

What are my issues with TLOU? Am I alone in this?

I like TLOU but don't love it. The biggest turnoff for me is how slow the game is in some spots ( storywise and controlling Joel - why can't he move faster?? ) but I am almost to the end of my second playthrough. This game is one of those that I'll keep and play in spurts every now and then, because the story is amazing but the gameplay drives me nuts sometimes.

Message 53 of 60 (188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Aug 15, 2013

This game didn't just grab me.. it completely violated me, took me at gunpoint, held me captive and caused me to develope stockholm syndrome. I love everything about it and can only wish that they would make sequels.

Message 54 of 60 (150 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 16, 2013

maybe youll like my gameplay and commentary, give it a look see (: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgMYqGOACp4

Message 55 of 60 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4922 posts

Aug 16, 2013
I think I only left my feeling about Multiplayer....which I'm not a fan of.

The SP was amazing. Easily one of, if not, the best stories in a video game.
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 56 of 60 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Aug 21, 2013

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

johngie wrote:

And I feel bad about it.

I mean, I love ND games. I love TPS', action-adventuring, and stealthiness. Why didn't I fall in love with TLOU? I'm legitimately perplexed. Don't get me wrong, TLOU is a great game. It deserved it's scores, and I honestly thought it lived up to that E3 demo, but nothing about it makes me want to come back for more, and it's confusing.

I've had it since almost day 1, even preordered the Survival Edition, and I just beat it tonight. The only things that kept me going were that I have a huge backlog and a "one at a time" rule (and TLOU was stopping me from finishng AC3), and the amazing story. More than once I turned off the game thinking "Holy sh-- that was incredible." but by the next day, I pretty much stopped wanting to play the game. 

I only bring this up because I just saw someone mention they were on their third straight playthrough. That was me with Bioshock: Infinite. I played the hell out of that game 3 times back-to-back, platinumed it ASAP.

What are my issues with TLOU? Am I alone in this?

I like TLOU but don't love it. The biggest turnoff for me is how slow the game is in some spots ( storywise and controlling Joel - why can't he move faster?? ) but I am almost to the end of my second playthrough. This game is one of those that I'll keep and play in spurts every now and then, because the story is amazing but the gameplay drives me nuts sometimes.

Joel moves like a normal 40-something year old that's in shape. He's not Nathan Drake, he's just a regular guy. That's why the game play is so appealing.

sig.png

Message 57 of 60 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

For an early 50s guy he moves quite well imo. :smileyvery-happy:

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 58 of 60 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Sure no game is perfect. No human is perfect. Nothing is.
The point is, this game just defined it for me. I am not denying its technical faults but its technical prowess is far and above every shortcoming the game sows. I never felt like I have died when I shouldn't have because the game slowed down too much or cheated. No. It was because I did something wrong. The story is mindblowing. The atmosphere, setting and sound effects... everything just oozes.
Also this is PS3 - 256 megs of RAM + 256 shared. an equivalent of 7800 GT. The only formidable thing is the processor which does almost everything. It is still amazing of what was possible to create.
I wish for a sequel with all my heart. Don't disappoint ND, please.
Message 59 of 60 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2047 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Just got done playing some more of survivor +. **bleep**... cant get enough of this game

Message 60 of 60 (68 Views)
0 Likes