Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Re: This game needs some shooting options badly.

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

EnnTea wrote:

EnnTea wrote:
Do you realize that there are more words in this sentence than there are in the ENTIRE control options menu in TLOU?

As far as I know, this is still true. Also, it is still pathetic.

No, it's because the control system is elegant, streamlined, and simple enough that there is no need for enormous amounts of customization. Just because you're some outlier who needs their controls tweaked just right doesn't mean game devs need to cater to the tiny minority you represent.

If you check metacritic you'll find the majority of professional game critics have found the controls excellent. Maybe I'm being arrogant but I prefer their assessment over yours.

Message 11 of 15 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jul 12, 2013

tch2296 wrote:

EnnTea wrote:

EnnTea wrote:
Do you realize that there are more words in this sentence than there are in the ENTIRE control options menu in TLOU?

As far as I know, this is still true. Also, it is still pathetic.

No, it's because the control system is elegant, streamlined, and simple enough that there is no need for enormous amounts of customization. Just because you're some outlier who needs their controls tweaked just right doesn't mean game devs need to cater to the tiny minority you represent.

If you check metacritic you'll find the majority of professional game critics have found the controls excellent. Maybe I'm being arrogant but I prefer their assessment over yours.

There is no maybe here. You ARE also being very unhelpful, and you wreak of fanboy.

Please feel free to never post here again, if youre gonna act like that ^

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 12 of 15 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

I'll post here as much as I want, and I believe your ideas about changing the controls for a miniscule minority of people is absurd and a bit arrogant in itself. Just cuz you don't like it don't mean it's broke. Again check what the pros have to say. If pointing out htese basics is being unhelpful or mean or whatever so be it lol

Whatever though it's just as likely you aren't a skilled gamer and look to the options menu for help (couldn't help it sorry!). Also, yes I am a fan of The Last of Us, and I am a boy. I suppose then I am a fanboy?

Message 13 of 15 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
419 posts

Jul 12, 2013
I always like having more options in my games but one thing I learned from games before and games now mainly shooters, is that generally when not do crazy many options the more fair it is.

Kind of a general example.

Look at old ghost recon you couldn't change sensitivity so everybody was the same in that way. Now look at like cod people put sensitivity high and gives them faster aim cause that's how that game is like run gun aim first so they have better advantage but some people can't do high sensitivity.

Kinda hard to explain and it's just one simple example but yea haha.
Message 14 of 15 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jul 12, 2013

To me, this is one of those "why CAN'T you...?" issues.

The current setup doesn't bother me. I can count the time I've switched shoulders on one hand while playing.

But why NOT let the player set which shoulder is the "default" one? It wouldn't hurt anyone who didn't care, take any extra work really (just a "left" or "right" option in the control Options). I certainly don't accept simulation-level options, but I don't think the OP is asking too much for that one option to be added. If it bothers them, it surely bothers others who would never post on a message board about it.

Message 15 of 15 (59 Views)
0 Likes