Aug 07 2013
By: TPoppaPuff First Son 30 posts

This is based off the Uncharted engine, so...

6 replies 520 views Edited Aug 7, 2013

Where are the southpaw controls? It really stinks when you preorder a game expecting to be able to play it nonstop and possibly play it daily in MP only to find out that it's only worth a rental because Naughty Dog has excluded you from playing MP and any difficulty higher than easy with autoaim on.

PS. And before anybody says it, why don't you play with the controller upside down and "adapt" and tell me how much fun the game is compared to how much fun the game can be with proper controls.

Message 1 of 7 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1645 posts

Re: This is based off the Uncharted engine, so...

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

Congratulations. You've just created the 9,999,999 thread regarding this issue. I hate to say, but I don't think the game is going to receive these controls. Just throw the game on easy, and take your time. You'll adjust within a matter of hours.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 2 of 7 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Aug 8, 2013

TPoppaPuff wrote:

Where are the southpaw controls? It really stinks when you preorder a game expecting to be able to play it nonstop and possibly play it daily in MP only to find out that it's only worth a rental because Naughty Dog has excluded you from playing MP and any difficulty higher than easy with autoaim on.

PS. And before anybody says it, why don't you play with the controller upside down and "adapt" and tell me how much fun the game is compared to how much fun the game can be with proper controls.

It does have proper controls. I can play with the controller upside down BTW. Its not that hard. everything is just inverted and you have to use your thumbs for shoulder buttons, or would they be bum buttons?

Anyway, Go home kid, you're drunk.

Message 3 of 7 (460 Views)
First Son
30 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Congrats on lying.
Message 4 of 7 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Never heard of this. Just looked it up. Why in the world would anyone play like that?

The real question is, why did you play games like that. Notice most people use left for movement, right for aiming. Not the other way around.

I've gotten used to different controls. And I'm sure you can too, especially since like, 99% of people use it that way.

Message 5 of 7 (292 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1645 posts

Aug 19, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Never heard of this. Just looked it up. Why in the world would anyone play like that?

The real question is, why did you play games like that. Notice most people use left for movement, right for aiming. Not the other way around.

I've gotten used to different controls. And I'm sure you can too, especially since like, 99% of people use it that way.

Exactly, the majority of the world is right handed.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 6 of 7 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Aug 21, 2013
I am ambidextrous Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 7 (133 Views)
0 Likes