Monster Hunter
39 posts

Re: This is the best game I've ever played

Jan 24, 2014
Probably not "best" but definitely favorite game I've ever played and I started in 1985 myself.

@Lt_K4RL0S That's funny I know exactly what part you mean. lol First time thru the game I had trouble with that section and I eventually figured out you could just hoof it up the right side. As long as you're quick you will never be spotted. I've done it that way ever since. lol
Message 11 of 42 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 25, 2014
It honestly is the best game ive played ever, Beyond Two Souls is my second best.
Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 12 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 25, 2014
Heavy Rain for me did it better but...I am not really sure about my second best anyway xD
Message 13 of 42 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jan 25, 2014

Second favorite would have to be The Elder Scrolls series. Contrary to my PSN avatar (and trophy progress) I too preferred Heavy Rain over B2S. B2S probably wouldn't even make my top 10. Ellen Page is the only reason to play that game imo. @immyb13: What did you like so much about it?

Message 14 of 42 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 26, 2014

FrigidDawn wrote:

Second favorite would have to be The Elder Scrolls series. Contrary to my PSN avatar (and trophy progress) I too preferred Heavy Rain over B2S. B2S probably wouldn't even make my top 10. Ellen Page is the only reason to play that game imo. @immyb13: What did you like so much about it?

I just love how the story went off to, it was great and really mindblowing. It kinda was like a movie the whole way but you controlling it. The adventure and emotion just made it awesone, it was like you were Jodie and you felt what she felt, lol due mind you Im the hardcore gamer type that like gets attached to the main character so I feel alot of that haha, The Last Of Us was and still is beyond amazing. They played with your emotions alot and thats what I loved about it. Beyond Two Souls for me was the story, mixing and twisting everything around and showing the past, present and future in each chapter, just bits and pieces that makes you feel like ohhh thats why shes there or oh thats why shes hard headed now. I love it haha not many people liked it but oh well. I hope that QuanticDream makes a sequel, it looks pretty obvious that they might. 

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 15 of 42 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jan 26, 2014

Same here Smiley Happy

I really really love The Last of Us. No other game has ever kept me opccupied half as long as The Last of Us does.

The only thing comparable for me is a movie that I really love. Other than that, there is no competition at all.

By the way, just finnished Beyond Two Souls today Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 42 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

@ immyb13: Oh I am not saying that I didn't like it. I preordered the collectors edition, platinumed it, and it is a game that I will never trade in. After a little reconsideration I may put it in my top 10 but it just wouldn't be that high on the list. Have you played Heavy Rain?? From what you are telling me that you liked about B2S I think you would absolutely love HR. Do yourself a favor and pick that up. It has to be CHEAP now. As far as Jodie, yeah it's impossible not to love that character. As I said, Ellen Page is THE reason to play that game. She really knows how to connect with an audience and tug at the heart strings. She can make bland/awkward/uninspired dialog, for example David Cage's writing or the script for Juno, actually feel genuine and thoughtful. She also appropriately underplays some of that awful over-the-top cheesy writing that seems to be Mr. Cage's signature style. Very good game but for me does not compare to TLOU. Let me put it this way, lol this is the home screen on my phone:

Spoiler
Screenshot_2014-01-26-20-19-09.png

Message 17 of 42 (153 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

LOL it's my home screen & my lock screen on my iPhone only I have a different picture.

Message 18 of 42 (147 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jan 27, 2014

lol Cool that makes me feel like less of a geek. I think I like you already. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 42 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

Jan 27, 2014

Finally finished the game on Friday evening.  I think I had logged 20 hours in.  I don't ever remember logging so much time into a single player campaign game.  Just brilliant.  Sad that it's over but looking forward to the DLC (February?) and  hopefully a sequel (or prequel).

Message 20 of 42 (101 Views)
0 Likes