Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Re: This is the best game I've ever played

Jan 27, 2014

FrigidDawn wrote:

@ immyb13: Oh I am not saying that I didn't like it. I preordered the collectors edition, platinumed it, and it is a game that I will never trade in. After a little reconsideration I may put it in my top 10 but it just wouldn't be that high on the list. Have you played Heavy Rain?? From what you are telling me that you liked about B2S I think you would absolutely love HR. Do yourself a favor and pick that up. It has to be CHEAP now. As far as Jodie, yeah it's impossible not to love that character. As I said, Ellen Page is THE reason to play that game. She really knows how to connect with an audience and tug at the heart strings. She can make bland/awkward/uninspired dialog, for example David Cage's writing or the script for Juno, actually feel genuine and thoughtful. She also appropriately underplays some of that awful over-the-top cheesy writing that seems to be Mr. Cage's signature style. Very good game but for me does not compare to TLOU. Let me put it this way, lol this is the home screen on my phone:

Spoiler
Screenshot_2014-01-26-20-19-09.png

I have beaten Heavy Rain and it really was good, I really enjoyed it+the twist ending. For some reason I loved the story of Jodie Holmes more lol i dunno haha it must be the huge adventure that she went through and how it changed her in the end. Brilliant story tho I really hope they make a sequel for it. 

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 21 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 27, 2014
Oh and for you to feel even more less of a geek
i have 5 backgrounds of The Last Of Us on my Ps Vita, a whole slide show on my computer, a moving wallpaper on my Samsung Tablet and a whole bunch of dynamic themes on my ps3 lol so we're good haha
See you in Valhalla
Message 22 of 42 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 27, 2014
Heavy rain was great, beyond two souls sucked. The last of us owns both of them Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 42 (146 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 27, 2014
theyre all great but The Last Of Us and Beyond Two Souls are my top 2 games.
See you in Valhalla
Message 24 of 42 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 27, 2014

Beyond Two Souls was great... but I did enjoy Heavy Rain more. I don't know, I think it's because the atmosphere was so gloomy and the fact that I like mystery and crime game type settings in general, which is why I tend to enjoy games like LA Noir and other similar games Smiley Happy

But I like how there are a lot of ways to apporach the setting in Beyond Two Souls

young beard signature
Message 25 of 42 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 27, 2014

immyb13 wrote:
Oh and for you to feel even more less of a geek
i have 5 backgrounds of The Last Of Us on my Ps Vita, a whole slide show on my computer, a moving wallpaper on my Samsung Tablet and a whole bunch of dynamic themes on my ps3 lol so we're good haha

I have the background on every device I own, except for my TV and others, which don't support it.

So PC, PS3, my Xperia and um.... yeah Smiley Very Happy

Not my fault they're awesome Heart

Message 26 of 42 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 27, 2014

WHAT!!! No one has a wallpaper of TLOU hanging all over there rooms? I'm ashamed of you "so-called" fans Smiley Mad

Just kidding

young beard signature
Message 27 of 42 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

FrigidDawn wrote:

As far as Jodie, yeah it's impossible not to love that character. As I said, Ellen Page is THE reason to play that game. She really knows how to connect with an audience and tug at the heart strings. She can make bland/awkward/uninspired dialog, for example David Cage's writing or the script for Juno, actually feel genuine and thoughtful. She also appropriately underplays some of that awful over-the-top cheesy writing that seems to be Mr. Cage's signature style.

Wow..that's interesting.  I didn't know Ellen Page was a character in Beyond Two Souls, but I could have sworn that Ellen Page was the voice for Ellie in TLOU.  I even thought they modeled Ellie after her because she looked a lot like Ellen Page and her voice and mannerisms reminded me very much of Ellen Page.  Then my wife looked it up and it was Ashley Johnson (no idea who that is).

Message 28 of 42 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 27, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

WHAT!!! No one has a wallpaper of TLOU hanging all over there rooms? I'm ashamed of you "so-called" fans Smiley Mad

Just kidding

I have 9 posters. 3 hanging, 6 saved for later Smiley Wink

Anything else?

Oh yeah the switchblade that Ellie has... Bought a similar one.

Beat it!

Message 29 of 42 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Jan 28, 2014

lol You guys are great! I really like this community, way better than Gamespot. Y'all mind if I stick around for a while?

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:
Wow..that's interesting.  I didn't know Ellen Page was a character in Beyond Two Souls, but I could have sworn that Ellen Page was the voice for Ellie in TLOU.  I even thought they modeled Ellie after her because she looked a lot like Ellen Page and her voice and mannerisms reminded me very much of Ellen Page.  Then my wife looked it up and it was Ashley Johnson (no idea who that is).

Yep she's Jodie, holmes! Sorry I had to. Smiley Sad

Spoiler
EllenP_JodieH_small.png

Sigh... Heart Heart Heart

Anyway, I'll bet you know Ashley Johnson you just can't remember who she is. She was Chrissy on Growing Pains!

Spoiler
AshleyJ_ChrissyS.png

Cute. Still looks the same imo lol.

Message 30 of 42 (88 Views)
0 Likes