Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Re: This is the best game I've ever played

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

conquerator3 wrote:

YoungBeard wrote:

WHAT!!! No one has a wallpaper of TLOU hanging all over there rooms? I'm ashamed of you "so-called" fans Smiley Mad

Just kidding

I have 9 posters. 3 hanging, 6 saved for later Smiley Wink

Anything else?

Oh yeah the switchblade that Ellie has... Bought a similar one.

Beat it!

Well you can't be a true collecter unless you have some of those wallpapers in your bathroom! Smiley Embarassed

young beard signature
Message 31 of 42 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

FrigidDawn wrote:

lol You guys are great! I really like this community, way better than Gamespot. Y'all mind if I stick around for a while?

Well thank a you Robot Very Happy

And yes, I gave up on Gamespot way before. I just don't with their reviews most of the time. And you want to stick around a "while"? You're welcome here as long as you want! Always accepting people into our "circle" Robot LOL

young beard signature
Message 32 of 42 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5753 posts

Jan 28, 2014

immyb13 wrote:
theyre all great but The Last Of Us and Beyond Two Souls are my top 2 games.

I really enjoyed Beyond also. More than Heavy Rain. Was compelled to platinum Beyond.

Message 33 of 42 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 28, 2014
But...but...but JASON!
For me HR>beyond any day, still enjoyed both.
Obviously <TLoU. xP
Message 34 of 42 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

Well I definitely appreciate the warm welcome, YoungBeard. It's kind of a shame tho as I've been a Gamespot person for over 15 years and NOW I'm jumping ship. That site just sucks now. Did you see the score they gave to TLoU? I will not utter it here. Blasphemers!!!! BTW just curious, what is the average age of the regulars on this board?

@TomatoDragon, Ironically enough altho I preferred HR I never got past 61% in my trophy progress while I too felt compelled to platinum B2S. #addictedtojodie I suppose? I know it's off topic but I'm curious to know what endings you guys got, or considered the ultimate ending? Mine was: save all but kill Norah, choose life and end up with Zoey (f**k Ryan and his "kickass" bottles of wine, the big dork! I tried killing him once but she makes you feel terrible for it. If I didn't need it for the trophy I would've immediately reloaded). I thought that was the happiest ending with the most interesting cliffhanger. I will say tho, the voiceover when done by Zoey is AWFUL when you're used to listening to Jodie. A sequel might be cool but before Page works for QD again David Cage needs to get on his knees and apologize for being a misogynistic asswipe.

Anyhow back on topic (sorry), as conquerator3 said, HR>B2S but enjoyed them both. However, the masterpiece that is The Last of Us rules ALL! Going crazy waiting for Left Behind! I think I may have to pull an Eric Cartman and freeze myself until it comes out.

Message 35 of 42 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jan 29, 2014

FrigidDawn wrote:

BTW just curious, what is the average age of the regulars on this board?

I'm 37

Message 36 of 42 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 29, 2014

FrigidDawn wrote:

Well I definitely appreciate the warm welcome, YoungBeard. It's kind of a shame tho as I've been a Gamespot person for over 15 years and NOW I'm jumping ship. That site just sucks now. Did you see the score they gave to TLoU? I will not utter it here. Blasphemers!!!! BTW just curious, what is the average age of the regulars on this board?

@TomatoDragon, Ironically enough altho I preferred HR I never got past 61% in my trophy progress while I too felt compelled to platinum B2S. #addictedtojodie I suppose? I know it's off topic but I'm curious to know what endings you guys got, or considered the ultimate ending? Mine was: save all but kill Norah, choose life and end up with Zoey (f**k Ryan and his "kickass" bottles of wine, the big dork! I tried killing him once but she makes you feel terrible for it. If I didn't need it for the trophy I would've immediately reloaded). I thought that was the happiest ending with the most interesting cliffhanger. I will say tho, the voiceover when done by Zoey is AWFUL when you're used to listening to Jodie. A sequel might be cool but before Page works for QD again David Cage needs to get on his knees and apologize for being a misogynistic asswipe.

Anyhow back on topic (sorry), as conquerator3 said, HR>B2S but enjoyed them both. However, the masterpiece that is The Last of Us rules ALL! Going crazy waiting for Left Behind! I think I may have to pull an Eric Cartman and freeze myself until it comes out.

I did see the score. To be honest, I wouldn't have minded if they gave an 8 if the score was JUSTIFIED. It wasn't. The review was horribly written. But that's nothing compared to the joke-of-a-review site called Quarter to Three. Read their review for TLOU and you will be shocked. The review is literally only a half page long.....

young beard signature
Message 37 of 42 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 29, 2014

It's definitely the best game i've ever played too. Sometimes annoyingly so as i'm apprehensive about playing other games now as i feel they won't live up to it! I absolutely adore Joel and Ellie, i'm currently on my 3rd playthrough. I physically can't remove the game from my PS3 yet, it would feel wrong. Smiley Tongue

I'm also loving that it's not just me who has TLoU as their phone/lock screen/PC wallpaper Smiley Very Happy

On the subject of age i'm 29.

Message 38 of 42 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4016 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2014

Hands down, the best game I've ever played as well - and I've been playing since the 80's.  To all the peple that claim TLoU is not that good, I'd love to hear what you consider to be the best game - just so I can laugh at your poor taste Smiley Happy.  I'm in my 30's BTW.

Message 39 of 42 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jan 31, 2014

Smiley WinkLt_K4RL0S wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the greatest game I've ever played, although it is admittedly the greatest experience I've had playing a game. It's fairly linear and the gameplay is decent, but not endless fun.

Greatest game I've ever played would hands down be Mass Effect 2. Maybe it's because I'm a sci-fi nut but I can always come back to Mass Effect. With TLOU I've played through it so many times I know which drawer does and doesn't have ammo, enemy spawn points and the easiest way to beat almost every encounter.

For example, the encounter in which you're escaping with Ellie and Tess, right after you climb out of the trap door, just jog the whole way to the right, don't bother crouching or killing them just leg it and they never notice you. Although if you don't want to ruin the moment I advise against using this.

This. It's the greatest experience I've ever had playing a game. No other game has affected me in such an emotional way. No other game has been as thought provoking. There were times I would lie awake in bed at night just thinking about the charcters, the world they live in and the choices they had to make. How many games can you say that about?

Even if it's not my all time no1 game of all time or even game of this generation I would consider it the best story driven action game of all time and also game of the year!

BTW my best game of all time is Metal Gear Solid and I'm in my 30's (glad to see I'm not the only one over 30 ).

Message 40 of 42 (49 Views)
0 Likes