Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 15 2014
By: theboss23qw First Son 10 posts

Thoughts on TLOU LB and "Dont go" scene

14 replies 525 views Edited Feb 15, 2014

What an amazing DLC, Brought back the feels from many months ago when i finished the game. It made you really not want what you knew was going to happen... to happen. The little choices really added to the experience such as choosing to drink or doing the photo booth positions.

Now i REALLY dont want this to be the last we see of Joel and Ellie.. Their characters are Legendary... The only other game that rivals these characters and stands in its way is Lee and Clem. BTW... when i read that note about Larry being held down and killed because they thought he was going to turn i couldnt help but think of TWD Larry.

Now onto the most controversial scene.. the kiss..  Im not going to Lie... I thought a hug was coming. but when they kissed my eyes popped out of my head and i was thinking.. WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?! I did not see it coming..

I think that scene is more like.. Its open to your interpretation.. If you think it was because they were best friends and a joy of the moment thing then think that.. if you think it was something more its fine to think that too.. 

Message 1 of 15 (525 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1640 posts

Re: Thoughts on TLOU LB and "Dont go" scene

Feb 15, 2014

It's really more up to the persons' imagination, than anything. I could lean either way, to be completley honest. I thought it was a very moving scene none the less :smileyvery-happy:

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 2 of 15 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Feb 15, 2014

To be honest I think the story in Left Behind is pretty weak. I honestly said "God this is stupid' a couple times during the scenes where they were telling eachother those jokes and when they were dancing to the music. Also the arcade scene was a little much as well.

But in regards to the scene you are referring to you have to remember where these two characters are coming from. Many people in our world have people come into our lives all the time and we are often making knew friendships all the time. For every  friend that leaves us it doesn't take us long to find a new friend. So as a result although we like having friends and we consider a very select few of them to be great friends we tend not to desperately hold onto them and seldomly cherish them. What we tend to try to hold onto and cherish are sexual relationships because we will have far fewer of them.

However go into a world where Ellie and Riley live where people are fighting for their lives every single day and the number of people you will have contact with is much much smaller. In that situation you would really try to hold onto and cherish each and every friend you did make. So that in my opinion is what the don't go line was about. Ellie and Riley try to hold onto friendships in the same way we try to hold on to physical relationships.    

Message 3 of 15 (459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Agreed.. A moving scene indeed..  I just wish i recorded my face when it happened..

When she said "dont go..."

I was like

cry

They were all like...

And i was like..

what

Message 4 of 15 (458 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1640 posts

Feb 15, 2014

theboss23qw wrote:

Agreed.. A moving scene indeed..  I just wish i recorded my face when it happened..

When she said "dont go..."

I was like

cry

They were all like...

And i was like..

what

HAHA! You made my day! You freaking made my day!

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 5 of 15 (444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Haha, that was actually my reaction during that scene when I was recording my Let's Play for the DLC. While I'm not against homosexuality, I was very surprised to see them go in that direction.

Check out my gaming channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCakesofPain
Message 6 of 15 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Feb 15, 2014

theboss23qw wrote:

I think that scene is more like.. Its open to your interpretation.. If you think it was because they were best friends and a joy of the moment thing then think that.. if you think it was something more its fine to think that too.. 

This!  

People are going to have different opinions on their relationship and what Ellie felt at the moment.  This is exactly what the writer wanted.  There is no right answer.  

Having such a controversial scene in a video game of this manner is great for video games IMO.  I might be going a little overboard, but this is sort of ground breaking.

Think about it....how many video games have you played and had a total "WHAT THE F(@K!!!" moment to that degree.  Not many, I'm guessing.

Message 7 of 15 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2014

My thoughts are that Riley was the first person that Ellie really loved, and also the first person to care for Ellie as much as Ellie does for her. I think that Ellie is/was in love with Riley as a person. I don't think that it would have been much different if Riley was a boy...    Ellie is a person who cares most about someone's character, and not about their race/gender.

And please don't call me homophobic for saying that, because i am not...

Ps: I just love how everyone who says that Ellie is a lesbian is a pedophile and everyone who says the same as I do is homophobic on these threads. :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 15 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2014

They get asked about that scene but they kind of dance around the question..

Message 9 of 15 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 15, 2014

I knew they had feelings for each other they weren't admiting to other during the arcade scene before Riley storms off...Riley wanted her to tell her to stay.  Not just as a friend but as family, you have to understand they ment everything to each other.  The kiss was validation that they were going to stay together forever no matter what.  This DLC tells us Ellie was not the niave child we thought she was.  Sets up for a possible sequal were she wanted to die for a cure if given the choice and feels betrayed by joel when she finds out about the whole truth of what happend at the hospital.

Message 10 of 15 (285 Views)
0 Likes