Jul 15 2013
By: nwackes First Son 3 posts

Thoughts on a sequel?

17 replies 393 views Edited Jul 15, 2013

First off before I get into detail about why I made this post I just wanted to add that I am new to the Playstation community and the first game I ever played was TLOU. I also just beat TLOU last night and needless to say this game left me speechless. I've been an xbox fan for over 6 years and have never played such a compelling and incredible story like this and after some long thinking have come to the conclusion this is by far the best game I have ever played in 10+ years of gaming. Granted this is just my opinion and by no means am saying everyone else needs to feel the same way.

Now that's out of the way i've been thinking to myself after beating the game whether or not a sequel would be a good idea. I bring this point up because like many other games/movies the sequels and follow productions never live up to the original. My feelings are this game should just remain the way it is and leave the story alone... but thats just me. Though I would'nt mind a sequel but Naughty Dog would be venturing into some risky waters if thinking about making a sequel to this. I would just like some thoughts and opinions and i will chime in here and there. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 18 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Re: Thoughts on a sequel?

Jul 15, 2013
Well TBH with Naughty Dog I can see them making a successful sequel. I mean they did it with uncharted....the first one got great reviews and the second one is considered by many to be the best of the series. So yes I can see them doing this well.

Also welcome to the dark side!!! And I will agree.....the last time I have enjoyed playing a game this much Halo CE had just come out.....and even that game was not as good as this game is. I have played games for 20+ years and this by far beats any other game I have played....including MGS and I am a huge MGS fanboy.
Message 2 of 18 (381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I just don't want to see Joel and Ellie seperated which is a possiblilty that scares me a little.

Message 3 of 18 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I would welcome it with open arms. Naughty Dog isn't going to make a sequel just to cash in on its success. They will make sure they have everything in order before they would ever consider making a sequel. If one happens, then I know it will be awesome. I would love to see what happens to Ellie and Joel.

Message 4 of 18 (343 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 16, 2013

If Neil Druckmann does not make a sequel of this game with both Joel and Ellie in it im going to burn down Naughty Dogs building or whatever the f**k....

Message 5 of 18 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jul 16, 2013

The Last of Us 2: The Tyranny of King David

-David has become resurrected from the dead, through the inadvertent use of Desmond Mile's Fapple of Eden. David is invited to a gathering of Nolan Norths, which includes celebrities like Nathan Drake, Deadpool, and the Penguin. They had put Desmond on trial, for his failure as an evil reality controlling tyrant in Assassin's Creed V: The Tyranny of King Desmond thus disgracing the Nolan Norths. The Nolan Norths kill Desmond and choose David to take his place.

-With reality controlling powers that make all the gaming universes his **bleep**, King David slaughters the world of Assassin's Creed until only a few remain, Ezio not included. With a single thought, King David combines all the games ever made into one super universe completing the life goal of the tyrant King Desmond. He like inducts all the young girl sidekicks from like every game with one ever into his personal harem.

-Ellie must escape from David again but he catches her and mind controls her into becoming one of his faithful harem girls.

-Joel gets his **bleep** kicked trying to save Ellie and while licking his wounds he is approached by Connor from AC3 who is now a girl and in a relationship with Haytham who give him the Deus Ex power to fight David. Using his newfound power, Joel unites all the Troy Bakers into one super best friend group.

-So the stage is set for a eight player buddy co-op game where Joel and the other Troy Bakers must defeat the tyranny of the Nolan Norths. The climax of  the game is where Joel like beats in Nathan Drake's face with a skyhook borrowed from Booker and proceeds to expose his chest cavity to the air.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 6 of 18 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

-David has become resurrected from the dead, through the inadvertent use of Desmond Mile's Fapple of Eden. David is invited to a gathering of Nolan Norths, which includes celebrities like Nathan Drake, Deadpool, and the Penguin. They had put Desmond on trial, for his failure as an evil reality controlling tyrant in Assassin's Creed V: The Tyranny of King Desmond thus disgracing the Nolan Norths. The Nolan Norths kill Desmond and choose David to take his place.

-With reality controlling powers that make all the gaming universes his **bleep**, King David slaughters the world of Assassin's Creed until only a few remain, Ezio not included. With a single thought, King David combines all the games ever made into one super universe completing the life goal of the tyrant King Desmond. He like inducts all the young girl sidekicks from like every game with one ever into his personal harem.

-Ellie must escape from David again but he catches her and mind controls her into becoming one of his faithful harem girls.

-Joel gets his **bleep** kicked trying to save Ellie and while licking his wounds he is approached by Connor from AC3 who is now a girl and in a relationship with Haytham who give him the Deus Ex power to fight David. Using his newfound power, Joel unites all the Troy Bakers into one super best friend group.

-So the stage is set for a eight player buddy co-op game where Joel and the other Troy Bakers must defeat the tyranny of the Nolan Norths. The climax of  the game is where Joel like beats in Nathan Drake's face with a skyhook borrowed from Booker and proceeds to expose his chest cavity to the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol, that sounds more confusing than season 5 of Lost.

Message 7 of 18 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3080 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Make a sequel that starts with Joel dead.  What else does this **bleep** bring to the table?  By the time the next game starts he will be 60 and unable to manouvre anyways, when is the back pain going to kick in?

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - teffyz
Message 8 of 18 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 16, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Thanks for making me a hyena with that post! Lol.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 9 of 18 (304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 18, 2013

Let me begin by saying that this is the best story I have ever played through, and I have been doing this since the seventies.

Ellie is almost 15 when the story finishes and logic demands that by the time she reaches adulthood she will discover the truth about what went on in Salt Lake City. At that point, given the character that has been built for her, she must pursue it.

TLOF "Ellie's Quest" logically would have her start by leaving Lincoln to pick up the firefly trail in SLC.

Message 10 of 18 (164 Views)
0 Likes