Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Timing of release and PS4....

Feb 2, 2013

The PS4 is rumoured to have some "special sauce" (4 CUs reserved for number crunching). Maybe that could emulate the Cell SPUs as well. :smileywink:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 11 of 37 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Feb 2, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

The PS4 is rumoured to have some "special sauce" (4 CUs reserved for number crunching). Maybe that could emulate the Cell SPUs as well. :smileywink:

Hope so because right now the PS4 is almost certainly going to use the mediorce AMD A10 CPU/GPU (all in one chip). I'm not sure if it could emulate the Cell with software. Remember the PS2 had the same thing and it was at the bottom of graphics and power.

>
Message 12 of 37 (246 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Nothing can stop me form buying The Last Of Us, not even PlayStation 4.

Message 13 of 37 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Feb 2, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

Nothing can stop me form buying The Last Of Us, not even PlayStation 4.

True dat. Pre ordered Survival Edition yesterday. I can only wait.......

>
Message 14 of 37 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 2, 2013

supergamer-45 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Hope so because right now the PS4 is almost certainly going to use the mediorce AMD A10 CPU/GPU (all in one chip). I'm not sure if it could emulate the Cell with software. Remember the PS2 had the same thing and it was at the bottom of graphics and power.

The latest leaks say that it will use a single GPU (Radeon R10xx). It's a next gen GPU that doesn't even exist in the PC realm right now.

The PS2 could not be emulated because it had a really fast eDRAM bus (48GB/s). The PS4 will have 176GB/s of memory bandwidth.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 15 of 37 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I don't buy systems at launch, look at the PS3, it had no games at launch, only resistance, and if you are not into shooters (like me), then you had nothing to play, and you paid 600 dollar for it, while when it finally started to have games (uncharted drake's fortune and ratchet and clank tools of destruction) it costed 400 dollar, and that's when I bhought it, so I'm happy with waiting, it saves me 200 dollar and I wouldn't stand in front of PS3 not knowing what to play on it...

besides, at all guys who stood multiple days in line for a PS3, seriously? First I don't even believe that, how can you wait for so long in a store, doesn't stores close where you live at night? Second, I would have walked away after 15 minutes and came back next week to look if I could buy one, and I would repeat that until I didn't have to wait anymore...

anyway, I hope the PS4 doesn't have a bad launch, because I just want it to sell well, sony deserves it, look at all the effort they put in exclusives compared to other platforms, those guys deserve some profit for that, if they launch the PS4 with Uncharted 4, inFamous 3 and another worth buying title, I will buy it at launch, else I will buy it later, as for The Last of Us, I fail to see why I should not buy it if the PS4 is coming at the end of the year, can't I play at older platforms if I have a new platform or something? my 12 year old PS2 is still working and I play on it occasionally (rayman m, rayman revolution and rayman hoodlum havoc, it saddens me btw we haven't any 3D rayman titles this gen, those games are awesome, anyway getting off-topic again), so I can do the same with the PS3...

Message 16 of 37 (198 Views)
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Feb 2, 2013
Why would this matter unless your planing on selling your Ps3?

It;s also possible the ps4 might have some type of backward compatibly with newer games like GoWA and LoU
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 17 of 37 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

besides, at all guys who stood multiple days in line for a PS3, seriously? First I don't even believe that, how can you wait for so long in a store, doesn't stores close where you live at night?

He's not lying:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/15/150-line-up-for-ps3-in-rockville-md/

On top of that, even worse things happened:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps3-launch-sees-multiple-thefts-6161933
http://www.gamespot.com/news/more-robberies-plague-ps3-launch-6161981

I don't remember anything like that in Europe, but I may be wrong. :smileytongue: I prefer e-shopping and home delivery, so I never have to deal with that crap...

Message 18 of 37 (186 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
868 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

besides, at all guys who stood multiple days in line for a PS3, seriously? First I don't even believe that, how can you wait for so long in a store, doesn't stores close where you live at night? Second, I would have walked away after 15 minutes and came back next week to look if I could buy one, and I would repeat that until I didn't have to wait anymore...

Where do you live? There are 24hrs stores. I for example stood in line at a 24hr Walmart.The cops were there for security. Believe it or not, people do wait in lines for something we want. Didn't you see the news of people waiting for days outside businesses when the PS3 launched?

This is one example of the amount of people in line. Keep in mind this video was uploaded 2 days before the PS3 debuted on Nov. 17, 2006. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 37 (176 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Feb 2, 2013
The store doesn't have to be open in order for them to allow people to wait in line... Some of us enjoy waiting for the systems we enjoy playing on, geez dude. Lol.

Our best buy actually bought us pizza some nights and provided access to their bathrooms via security. No fights no thefts. It was good fun and I don't regret waiting for the ps3 since I've enjoyed every minute of owning it.
Message 20 of 37 (174 Views)
0 Likes