Dec 07 2013
By: America_bros1 First Son 9 posts

Tips and tricks for TLOU multiplayer

7 replies 202 views Edited Dec 7, 2013

HI im not very good at the multiplayer for the last of us, I usally get at least one exacution per game and it seems like I get the most deaths in the match. thank you.

if anybody would like to play with me or teach me

message me at: America_bros1

Message 1 of 8 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Re: Tips and tricks for TLOU multiplayer

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2013

you can add me

smurfmanx

it's important to stay with your team or to at least support your team.  you'll still earn parts.

also make 4 custom loadouts that suit your play style.  for example I really suck at shooting so I make sure my assault character and sniper character have sharp shooter 3.

if I'm not able to contribute by  killing alot of enemies with the people I'm  playing with then I use my medic character that has maxed out revive  maxed out first aid and I can just keep them healed up

I also make sure I upgrade my weapons instead of 

armor and this allows you to kill people pretty quickly in a few shots 

Message 2 of 8 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2013

Well, I'm not a god, but I'm average at the game.

Firs thting's first: play as a team.  Stay with them, help them, work together, mark targets etc.  That way you'll gain points, keep your team alive (thus helping you win a match), and you can quickly dispatch enemies (having more allies means you dish out more damage as a whole).

Secondly, use cover.  Stay behind cover when fighting, and make sure it is safe to move up before leadving cover.  If you see someone, get behind something.

Use stealth, and always be aware of your surroundings.  TLOU is based around stealth.  Moving/crouching makes you invisible on the map, and enemies will not know where you are unless they use Listen Mode.  Sprinting gives away your position and attracts everyone to you.  Use this to your advantage though: cause some ruckus and run away and lead the enemy into an ambush (bomb or your teammates kill them).

Use Listen Mode.  It can locate nearby targets if you they're moving, regard'ess if they're crouched or not.

If you want, you can even use silenced weapons once you unlock them, making you virtually undectected except by physical sight and listen mode - and this helps a lot.

Craft items.  Molotovs are ont-hit kills, Smoke Bombs let you shiv from the front and get an advantage, Bombs can put in vital areas (put them out of sight, like around a corner) and used to clear out places.  It is okay to sprint to one or two close toolboxes when the game starts

Get a purchase weapon (some people never use them).  They can be a great big help.

use Parts to upgrade weapons, buy purchase weapons, and to buy armor.

EDIT: Also, understand map control.  Know where your team is, where the enemy might be, and use flanking manuevers to get an edge.  Always check to make sure you're not being flanked, observe the map for any movement in case they spawned behind you.  People love opening toolboxes (and they should), so that's usually where people like to go to.

4. Mass Effect 2
Message 3 of 8 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Dec 7, 2013
rite as everyone says u want to stick together with your team.

1. learn when to run n not
this is very important, alot of new players like to run around ( like always) the map. when you run you show up on the map to the other team. Now your asking well if am with the team it should not matter WRONG. when play against a party or really good players. they will actually trap ur team, ending you and your teammates fairly quickly.

2.revive or not to revive
there will moments when your team get into gunfights and someone gets down, u actually want to wait for a few seconds. the other team will often use your down teammate as bait to lure out you n your teammates. try to wait for your downed teammate to come to you and help fend off the assault .

if u have any question i would be glad to help
Message 4 of 8 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013

Yeah, I forgot to mention what Nega_Zaku said.

Just because someone is down, you don't alwways revive them.  Sure, it may decrease your lives, but in the long-run its better to have lost 1 than 2.  Try to set bombs down, move away, then wait for the ally to crawl to you before reviving.

Take care of nearby enemies before trying to revive.

Even though your team is reviving another member, help them - it is much faster and can prove advantgeous.

Don't take the bait.  Only revive when its safe.

EDIT:  Sometimes your ally will get downed and the enemy will be unawre you're nearby.  Use this as bait, wait them to move in and excecute and either bomb/molotov/smoke them or shoot them for an easy kill.

4. Mass Effect 2
Message 5 of 8 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Dec 8, 2013
also , one player was insulting me cuz three team members were down and I ran away instead of reviving them. 1 vs 4 enemies isn't good odds.

sometimes its better to run away and WAIT for everyone to respawn
Message 6 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Dec 8, 2013
rite in all situation if all your teammates r dead and your the only one alive then run away(why give them 4 ?). regroup with your teammates and plan a better approach the other team. hopefully ( it does happens) they follow u into a fully ready team
Message 7 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Dec 10, 2013

i adore this game. but despise the multiplayer. its has balance issue like nothing else. in a typical multiplayer game anyway.

i have the general setups. a medic/gifter for the matches where i just can get kills. 

but what gets me is the blatant lack of teamwork of randoms. not reviving. waiting for me to die then attacking as the enemy executes me. obviously waiting. 

and the connection penalty. i just played a game, froze on a death scene. but the match continued, i got kicked for inactivity. and now my entire clan is either sick or hungry. by no fault of my own. ridiculous.

i dont see how to fix it...except playing with a dedicated/demi dedicated team.

so if anyone wants to add me. go for it.         Passivefamiliar

i play team, i use a bluetooth....sometimes but not often really. randoms are just total garbage with this game. simple as that. and that bugs me, teams can dominate more so here than any game ive ever played.

""putting my portable id here via moblie device is not as simple as i thought copy/paste function doesnt want to copy it right, oh well""
Message 8 of 8 (100 Views)
0 Likes