Dec 24 2013
By: lindurfmann First Son 2 posts

To Naughty Dog

28 replies 722 views Edited Dec 24, 2013

Thanks,

I've had Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2, but I'm often stuck replaying old titles if I want anything that has any soul. The Last of Us was amazing. It has it's flaws (Ellie - the amazing pallet surfer for example), but the story, the gameplay, the pacing were great. 

Regarding the ending. I loved it. Probably about as perfect an ending as I can imagine for this game. I disagree completely with those that say the ending isn't finished. It is. Obviously you have enough to go on if you want to make a sequl with Joel and Ellie, but I trust you guys enough to know whether it would be something WORTHY of producing. Regardless of your decision, know that the naysayers are still going to buy the sequel whether it has Jellie in it or not  =). 

I've played ND titles since Crash. It's been great to watch your company mature. Keep it up guys! 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (722 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Re: To Naughty Dog

Dec 24, 2013

lindurfmann wrote:

Thanks,

I've had Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2, but I'm often stuck replaying old titles if I want anything that has any soul. The Last of Us was amazing. It has it's flaws (Ellie - the amazing pallet surfer for example), but the story, the gameplay, the pacing were great. 

Regarding the ending. I loved it. Probably about as perfect an ending as I can imagine for this game. I disagree completely with those that say the ending isn't finished. It is. Obviously you have enough to go on if you want to make a sequl with Joel and Ellie, but I trust you guys enough to know whether it would be something WORTHY of producing. Regardless of your decision, know that the naysayers are still going to buy the sequel whether it has Jellie in it or not  =). 

I've played ND titles since Crash. It's been great to watch your company mature. Keep it up guys! 

Well guess what? You have one right here who wont get it if its not with Joel or Ellie. It will be a disgrace to The Last Of Us game end of story. I have beat the game twice and I know there is so many things ND can do to continue the story. You guys clearly arent fans of this game. 

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (680 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Dec 24, 2013

immyb13 wrote:

lindurfmann wrote:

Thanks,

Well guess what? You have one right here who wont get it if its not with Joel or Ellie. It will be a disgrace to The Last Of Us game end of story. I have beat the game twice and I know there is so many things ND can do to continue the story. You guys clearly arent fans of this game. 

Amen, brother. I also will not be buying a sequel if it doesn't feature Joel, and Ellie as the main characters. I don't doubt ND will lose alot of their fanbase if they decide to make such a stupid move, and remove the main characters. If it's not about Joel, and Ellie, then there's no need for a sequel at all.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (675 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 24, 2013
I meant to say keep it up guys AND girls! =D
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
563 posts

Dec 27, 2013
@Squirrel I disagree. Over the years, Naughty Dog has produced many of my favorite games. I have full faith that they can create another game in the same universe with new characters and be just as good, if not better.
XBOX Live gamertag: GUN5L1NGER
Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP, according to Netflix.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

Didn't Neil Druckmann say that The last of us was all about the relationship between Joel and Ellie?

If so then why make a sequel without them? It makes no sense right?

I really hope to see a sequel with both, beginning right where the story ended in the first game. Can you imagine The last of us "2" with fancy PS4's graphics?

I do. :cattongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Dec 27, 2013

BlackHawk737 wrote:

Didn't Neil Druckmann say that The last of us was all about the relationship between Joel and Ellie?

If so then why make a sequel without them? It makes no sense right?

I really hope to see a sequel with both, beginning right where the story ended in the first game. Can you imagine The last of us "2" with fancy PS4's graphics?

I do. :cattongue:

Amen to you bro!!!!

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
563 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Personally, I don't need closure.  I like not knowing what happens.  I can't imagine what ending would be satisfying to me.  What are you guys hoping will happen?

XBOX Live gamertag: GUN5L1NGER
Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP, according to Netflix.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1321 posts

Dec 27, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

immyb13 wrote:

lindurfmann wrote:

Thanks,

Amen, brother. I also will not be buying a sequel if it doesn't feature Joel, and Ellie as the main characters. I don't doubt ND will lose alot of their fanbase if they decide to make such a stupid move, and remove the main characters. If it's not about Joel, and Ellie, then there's no need for a sequel at all.

Three shall make a crowd!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (492 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1321 posts

Dec 27, 2013

tollett wrote:

Personally, I don't need closure.  I like not knowing what happens.  I can't imagine what ending would be satisfying to me.  What are you guys hoping will happen?

It doesn't really matter, does it? As long as the story is compelling AND they are in it, who cares! ND will cook something up :]

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (490 Views)
0 Likes