Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
68 posts

Re: To Naughty Dog

Jan 2, 2014

Though  I am extremely impressed of The Last of Us story, i feel that it should just be left alone with no sequels regarding any character's from it. It would nice to see a story with them, i agree with that, but it could compromise the impact of the original story.

Naughty dog did a bold thing by not sticking to uncharted series and creating a totally different type of story. If they just stuck with sequels then eventually we'll grow tired of the characters. We should embrace their creativity and hope they will continue to dish out new and interesting stories.

Message 21 of 29 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

Jan 2, 2014

yennek7 wrote:

Though  I am extremely impressed of The Last of Us story, i feel that it should just be left alone with no sequels regarding any character's from it. It would nice to see a story with them, i agree with that, but it could compromise the impact of the original story.

Naughty dog did a bold thing by not sticking to uncharted series and creating a totally different type of story. If they just stuck with sequels then eventually we'll grow tired of the characters. We should embrace their creativity and hope they will continue to dish out new and interesting stories.

While growing old of the characters has merit, TLoU is still considered brand new. Having atleast 1 sequel won't kill everyone's enthusiasm for the characters. Of course the sequel won't be as good as the original, because we have something to base it off of. The original was so good, because it didn't have anything to live up to.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 22 of 29 (105 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Jan 2, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:

@ Jag Why wouldn't fan have a say in how a game ends, They are the ones playing the games and they are the target audience, and the ones shelling out the $60.00 plus dollar for said games.....OH and lets not forget that without the fans the game designer would be up a creek without a paddle and most likely working for Microsoft writing boring program language.

To put it simply, because you're the consumer. Not the author/writer, level designer, or any other part of the staff at ND. If you'd like to have a say I'd recommend become a game developer. Personally, as another end user, I have zero interest in what the masses think the game should be. Because let's face it, it'd be impossible to implement everyone's ideas. 

Sure, developers need to keep their audience in mind when making a game. But I don't think the audience should have a part in the development process outside of here's "what we liked", "what we didn't". 

Buying a product doesn't create a binding agreement between you and the developer or a channel for your ideas. Presumably you purchased the game b/c you saw value in it at the price point offered. 

Consumers should have a say in the development process, but to a degree. I mean, look at how horrendus Battlefield 4's level designs are. Would you honestly want a company like ND to turn into another EA? If ND doesn't see what their fans want/need, it's going to leave a bitter taste in their consumers mouths.

I'm not following you. It seems that you're suggesting that w/o fan input in the development process that companies will somehow go down this misguided path and make terrible games. That's simply not the case. There are a number of reasons of why companies produce bad games. Lack of fan interaction is likely not one of those reasons. 

Let me put it another way, ND has to date made some really great games. As far as I can tell they've done it just fine on their own. Now all of a sudden they won't without input from fans? Does that really make sense to you?

Message 23 of 29 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:

@ Jag Why wouldn't fan have a say in how a game ends, They are the ones playing the games and they are the target audience, and the ones shelling out the $60.00 plus dollar for said games.....OH and lets not forget that without the fans the game designer would be up a creek without a paddle and most likely working for Microsoft writing boring program language.

To put it simply, because you're the consumer. Not the author/writer, level designer, or any other part of the staff at ND. If you'd like to have a say I'd recommend become a game developer. Personally, as another end user, I have zero interest in what the masses think the game should be. Because let's face it, it'd be impossible to implement everyone's ideas. 

Sure, developers need to keep their audience in mind when making a game. But I don't think the audience should have a part in the development process outside of here's "what we liked", "what we didn't". 

Buying a product doesn't create a binding agreement between you and the developer or a channel for your ideas. Presumably you purchased the game b/c you saw value in it at the price point offered. 

Consumers should have a say in the development process, but to a degree. I mean, look at how horrendus Battlefield 4's level designs are. Would you honestly want a company like ND to turn into another EA? If ND doesn't see what their fans want/need, it's going to leave a bitter taste in their consumers mouths.

I'm not following you. It seems that you're suggesting that w/o fan input in the development process that companies will somehow go down this misguided path and make terrible games. That's simply not the case. There are a number of reasons of why companies produce bad games. Lack of fan interaction is likely not one of those reasons. 

Let me put it another way, ND has to date made some really great games. As far as I can tell they've done it just fine on their own. Now all of a sudden they won't without input from fans? Does that really make sense to you?

That's somewhat of what I'm suggesting. I should have worded it better. If a company doesn't listen to their fanbase to a point, there's only a small percentage of the fans that this game will sell to. ND makes great games, that's a no-brainer. But with Uncharted 1, the fans had nothing to expect, so all in all, it was a pretty cool game. UC2, and UC3, took input from fans, which added onto the games, and opened up to a wider fanbase. The same will happen with TLoU.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 24 of 29 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jan 2, 2014

I think they should be listening to everything the fans have to say, but be very very selective about what they actually end up using. Fans will contribute a bunch of ideas ranging from terrible to good, but only a few will be excellent. The Last of Us 2 needs to be excellent, not just good. Or I will be very sad :smileysad:

Message 25 of 29 (95 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1641 posts

Jan 2, 2014

racetrack9 wrote:

I think they should be listening to everything the fans have to say, but be very very selective about what they actually end up using. Fans will contribute a bunch of ideas ranging from terrible to good, but only a few will be excellent. The Last of Us 2 needs to be excellent, not just good. Or I will be very sad :smileysad:

This is exactly what I was trying to say!

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
Message 26 of 29 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Jan 3, 2014

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

racetrack9 wrote:

This is exactly what I was trying to say!

Well, I can't say I've been disappointed with any ND's sequel so far.

I can't remember a time where I felt like they've been milking any of their franchises either [I HOPE Uncharted 4 won't stray there, but we'll have to see].

For me, one game is not enough, two are a-okay but trilogy is probably my sweet spot [though it has to stop there]

Jak & Daxter was a great trilogy, Uncharted was a great trilogy and TLoU has the same potential to make a great trilogy IMO.

Every franchise is unique in some way, but that is not a reason a cut it short IMO, especially since ND has done so well with sequels before...

Plus, most of us do want it.

Message 27 of 29 (68 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 17, 2014
I honestly hope that there will be a sequel, there has never been a ND game I haven't liked.
Message 28 of 29 (37 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 17, 2014
wowzerz I have a PSN code and I can't believe it actually worked! I got it from http://psn.cardcodes.net
Message 29 of 29 (34 Views)
0 Likes