Jun 01 2013
By: cvbxsta Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

To preorder or not to preorder, that is the question

41 replies 365 views Edited Jun 1, 2013
The first and only time I ever preordered a game was the time I regretted doing so. I'm a huge fan of the Hitman series so preordering Htman Absolution seemed like a no-brainer. But the game wasn't exactly what I was hoping for or was expecting and I returned the game in a week.

Since then I've been wary of preordering anything. Now The Last of Us is releasing in two weeks and I plan to get it as a digital download...which makes the decision to preorder even harder since I wouldn't be able to return or trade in.

Naughty Dog hasn't let me down yet. Uncharted 2 remains my favorite action and adventure of all time and has a special place in my collection as my first PS3 game. Uncharted 3 couldn't surpass the bar raised by its predecessor but still was an awesome experience.

I love post apocalyptic fiction - the bleaker and darker the better - and I love the zombie genre even more. Add in the amazing visuals and atmosphere, the infected that are actually dangerous and scary, an incredibly brilliant premise, awesome enemy AI, gameplay that allows for different styles and tactics...and my hype for TLOU is very very high.

Yet...I'm hesitant to preorder. Should I or shouldn't I?
Message 1 of 42 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
534 posts

Re: To preorder or not to preorder, that is the question

Jun 1, 2013
This game is nothing like Uncharted. I seriously forgot about Uncharted while playing this because UC is lighthearted and exciting while this is very tense and creepy. From what I played on the demo, I want more.
Message 2 of 42 (357 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2121 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Sure, ND makes exceptional games.

Message 3 of 42 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Oh, I know it's nothing like Uncharted. I'm still amazed by that E3 demo. That a fight against six? guys could be more intense than any set piece I've experienced in a long time is just awesome
Message 4 of 42 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Just wait until Eyecue comes in and says to wait for the GOTY edition.. Same crap incoming.

Message 5 of 42 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 1, 2013

hjidontknow wrote:

Sure, ND makes exceptional games.

Not all the time.

DISAPPOINTMENT

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 6 of 42 (341 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

If you don't like stealth games like Hitman, then TLOU won't satisfy you either. I suggest that you rent it. Smiley Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 42 (340 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 1, 2013

I absolutely love stealth games. I played Farcry 3 FULL stealth. Deus Ex as well.

Message 8 of 42 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 1, 2013

To each their own...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 9 of 42 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013
I didn't say I don't like stealth games. I love stealth games. One of my favorite genres. I just felt that Absolution was not a true sequel to the franchise I Ioved. But nothing's more satisfying than outmanuevering AI in the dark. (I prefer SC to anything else in the genre)

But yeah the fact that you go loud or be aggressively stealthy or try to just stay unnoticed in The Last of Us is just awesome. I'm definitely getting the game, just have to decide whether to preorder or not.

What are the bonuses for preordering anyway? I'm only getting the regular version
Message 10 of 42 (318 Views)
0 Likes