Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: To preorder or not to preorder, that is the question

Jun 1, 2013
Well i'd say go for it! You wont get the gamestop pre order bonuses though (i think) it'll be worth it. MP will be amazing, i have no doubt
Message 21 of 42 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013
@Eyecube
Did the ME devs say this was cut content or is this just Internet speculation?

And one hand is EA (online pass originator, I think). On the other is Naughty Dog. They approach business differently

And isn't it equally possible that ND cares about its storyline and wouldn't want it muddled by what is essentially unnecessary parts?
---
Okay, great discussion but would like to get back on topic

Really only want that documentary bonus. Those upgrades just seem like it would ruin the game by making easier earlier. So besides the documentary and game installer, any other reasons to preorder?

What's the likelihood of those who preordered the digital copy getting demo access or something?
Message 22 of 42 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 1, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
@Eyecube
Did the ME devs say this was cut content or is this just Internet speculation?

And one hand is EA (online pass originator, I think). On the other is Naughty Dog. They approach business differently

And isn't it equally possible that ND cares about its storyline and wouldn't want it muddled by what is essentially unnecessary parts?
---
Okay, great discussion but would like to get back on topic

Really only want that documentary bonus. Those upgrades just seem like it would ruin the game by making easier earlier. So besides the documentary and game installer, any other reasons to preorder?

What's the likelihood of those who preordered the digital copy getting demo access or something?

The Mass Effect 3 DLC was Day 1 DLC and found on the disc. All the DLC did was unlock it.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 23 of 42 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
433 posts

Jun 1, 2013

If you are arguing with EyeCue and he is telling you to not get it, you want it since you are arguing against him.  Just pre order it.

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 24 of 42 (143 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 1, 2013

sportz-18 wrote:

If you are arguing with EyeCue and he is telling you to not get it, you want it since you are arguing against him.  Just pre order it.

Don't tell him what to do!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 25 of 42 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
433 posts

Jun 1, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

sportz-18 wrote:

Don't tell him what to do!

^ the Irony in this statement.

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 26 of 42 (128 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jun 1, 2013

If you love Uncharted, stealth games, the post-apocalyptic genre, and a polished campaign, why NOT pre-order? Sounds to me like this game will be perfect for you.

If you plan on getting the game regardless, pre-ordering will simply give you benefits. No matter where you pre-order, you will get the full soundtrack for free, an XMB dynamic theme based off the box art, and Joel and Ellie Winter avatars.

Furthermore, if you're in to the head-start sort of business in regards to multiplayer, if you pre-order at GameStop you'll get the above content but also get bonus XP, a melee booster, extra in game cash, special customizable character items,  and two skins for Joel and Ellie (available after beating the campaign). However I think you said you don't care much for multiplayer or for head-starts, so it doesn't really matter where you pre-order.

I pre-ordered it, and I cannot wait.

Message 27 of 42 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Even if I preorder on PSN, I still get the soundtrack? For sure? Cause I have a thing for instrumental music and scores from movies and games so that would be awesome.

Is it possible to download a soundtrack from my PS3 onto a USB (as MP3 files)?
Message 28 of 42 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Can anyone confirm about getting the soundtrack even by preordering from PSN? I thought that was just with a Gamestop preorder
Message 29 of 42 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5546 posts

Jun 1, 2013
cvbxsta, my advice would be to watch some of the gameplay videos and trailers and decide whether or not you think will be something that you'll enjoy. If it is, preorder a physical copy rather than a digital copy, because then you can return it or trade it in at another point.
Message 30 of 42 (87 Views)
0 Likes