Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 27 2014
By: Healthorg Sackboy 539 posts

Tommy's Dam Travel Poster Fan art

6 replies 198 views Edited Mar 27, 2014

I couldn't find an official fan art section, so i'm posting here. In my introductor y Graphics Design class in high school, we were tasked with making a travel poster, for a fictional place, so I made one for Tommy's Dam in TLUO. Here it is, I hope you guys like it, and I'm open to questions or suggestions or whatever. I used Adobe Illustrator CS6, and focused on an analagous color scheme. Also, why isn't there a fan art section for TLUO, there is one for Uncharted 2 and 3 separately, and it seems like TLUO, as a more emotional game, would inspire more fan art.Tommy's Dam.png

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Healthorg
Message 1 of 7 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2140 posts

Re: Tommy's Dam Travel Poster Fan art

Mar 27, 2014

Not bad. I like it. Good idea on making The Last of Us your choice. :smileyhappy:

By the way, I tweeted this out to Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann with the title "Tommy's Dam Travel Poster Fan Art" Whether or not they look at it is undetermined. :smileyhappy:

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 2 of 7 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Mar 27, 2014

Oh thanks, I responded to your tweet :smileyhappy:. My teacher was hesitant at first because video games are already a visual medium and she wanted me to envision it for myself, but I think I did that. We were supposed to do 3 posters, but poured my heart and soul into this one and didn't have time to do two others. My other ideas were University of Eastern Colorado (Go Big Horns!), and the Bear Creek Lodge (lakeside), for which I have a rough sketch.

Message 3 of 7 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2140 posts

Mar 27, 2014

Healthorg wrote:

Oh thanks, I responded to your tweet :smileyhappy:. My teacher was hesitant at first because video games are already a visual medium and she wanted me to envision it for myself, but I think I did that. We were supposed to do 3 posters, but poured my heart and soul into this one and didn't have time to do two others. My other ideas were University of Eastern Colorado (Go Big Horns!), and the Bear Creek Lodge (lakeside), for which I have a rough sketch.

That's cool that you live in Jackson County as well. :smileyhappy: Or is that not real? :smileytongue: If this was done by hand and pencil with colors, this would have looked more amazing for sure. Well, maybe you can do those two other ones when you have free time or something?

Message 4 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Mar 27, 2014

Ya, I would love to, but I don't have the program on my computer at home.. Ya, I don't live in Jackson County, which also doesn't exist. Jackson City is in Teton County, if you look at the map of the Dam, it says Teton county river dam, but the multiplayer map sign says Jackson county hydroelectric dam, which is false. I also have no by-hand artistic talent, so ya.

Message 5 of 7 (166 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2140 posts

Mar 27, 2014

Healthorg wrote:

Ya, I would love to, but I don't have the program on my computer at home.. Ya, I don't live in Jackson County, which also doesn't exist. Jackson City is in Teton County, if you look at the map of the Dam, it says Teton county river dam, but the multiplayer map sign says Jackson county hydroelectric dam, which is false. I also have no by-hand artistic talent, so ya.

Oh that's a bummer. :smileysad: Oh okay. So you use Jackson County on Twitter because you are a fan, huh? :smileyhappy: Well, not everyone has artistic talent. :smileytongue:

Message 6 of 7 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
607 posts

Mar 27, 2014

Interesting piece of work mate, nice :smileyhappy:

As a suggestion, ditch illustrator, photoshop's where it's at! I'm kidding of course, use whatever you're comfortable with.

You should put a wooden palette in the water there or something, sneak in a cheeky little TLOU easter egg eh?

Message 7 of 7 (135 Views)
0 Likes