Feb 09 2013
By: Rumba_Lumba Hekseville Citizen 300 posts

Totally The Walking Dead

65 replies 885 views Edited Feb 9, 2013

Infected = zombies. You can spin it however you want, ND. But Walking Dead zombies also came about by virus.

Post-apocalyptic? Check.

More about the "human drama" and the monsters are just on the background? Check.

Scavenging for supplies, limited ammo? Check.

Going from place to place while meeting people on the way? Check.

Raw brutality, gore, and realistic violence? Check.

Survival in any way? Check.

I get that ND doesn't wanna admit it, but it just so happens that they're making a game very similar to the highest-rated cable TV show in the USA today? They expect me to believe that all of this came about from a 2008 BBC documentary, vs. a 2010 ongoing series that has 15+ million household viewers and has exponentially more similarities than a video of an ant being taken over by a virus? Come on. We're not that stupid, ND.

Good luck to this game, and it's going to be a bestseller for sure. But please, it's totally on the The Walking Dead bandwagon.

Message 1 of 66 (885 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9500 posts

Re: Totally The Walking Dead

Feb 9, 2013
TLOU was in development since they finished UC2...

Message 2 of 66 (882 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Uhm, the walking dead zombies are actually dead people brought back to life. Hence the name "zombie"  The "infected" in TLOU are actual living people who are changed into these things.

Message 3 of 66 (874 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Feb 9, 2013
So what? The Walking Dead aired less than a year after UC2, and the comic has been around way before Uncharted 1.

Also, the TLOU reveal took place after two seasons of The Walking Dead. Clearly, it's not like ND got the story, setting, etc. like the week after they finished UC2.
Message 4 of 66 (872 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Feb 9, 2013

n_nod2012 wrote:

Uhm, the walking dead zombies are actually dead people brought back to life. Hence the name "zombie"  The "infected" in TLOU are actual living people who are changed into these things.

They're ultimately the same thing. Unless the "infected" in TLOU have any semblance of their older selves. Yes, a virus took over them and they became monsters. The Walking Dead zombies are just like that. Everyone carries the virus, and when they die (however they die) they all turn into zombies. The only difference is that in Walking Dead, you have to die first before turning into a monster, whereas in TLOU you instantly turn into one (and you die in the process). Ultimately the same thing.

Message 5 of 66 (868 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3601 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote:

n_nod2012 wrote:

They're ultimately the same thing. Unless the "infected" in TLOU have any semblance of their older selves. Yes, a virus took over them and they became monsters. The Walking Dead zombies are just like that.

Spoiler
Everyone carries the virus, and when they die (however they die) they all turn into zombies. The only difference is that in Walking Dead, you have to die first before turning into a monster.

Dude, seriously. There are people who haven't watched the show yet (I have though)..

Oh well, I guess they can avoid it by just reading the title.

PS. It's not like TWD.

Message 6 of 66 (861 Views)
Naughty Host
9500 posts

Feb 9, 2013
So, what you're saying is that ND's inspiration comes solely from the walking dead?

Message 7 of 66 (857 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Feb 9, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
So, what you're saying is that ND's inspiration comes solely from the walking dead?

Where have I said The Walking Dead is SOLELY their inspiration?

I'd say majority of it is from The Walking Dead. Obviously.

Message 8 of 66 (851 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Rumba_Lumba wrote:

n_nod2012 wrote:

They're ultimately the same thing. Unless the "infected" in TLOU have any semblance of their older selves. Yes, a virus took over them and they became monsters. The Walking Dead zombies are just like that.

Spoiler
Everyone carries the virus, and when they die (however they die) they all turn into zombies. The only difference is that in Walking Dead, you have to die first before turning into a monster.

Dude, seriously. There are people who haven't watched the show yet (I have though)..

Oh well, I guess they can avoid it by just reading the title.

PS. It's not like TWD.

LOL how will they argue against my post if they've never even watched the show?

Yes, it's totally like The Walking Dead.

Message 9 of 66 (848 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Well considering your logic sir the walking dead = every single piece of entertainment with zombies in it. So what's so bad if tlou is just another ”zombie game” walking dead rip off herp derp
Message 10 of 66 (840 Views)