Aug 15 2013
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1362 posts

Two months in... final verdict?

[ Edited ]
13 replies 366 views Edited Aug 15, 2013

It's hard to believe, but the game has been out now for two months. Coming out of the gate, most of us gave it a perfect score. Looking back now and having time to soak it in, do you still find it worthy of a perfect score? Is it everything you expect and more? If not, then what changed your original rating of the game? 

Personally, I haven't played it in about 3 weeks. Do I still think it's worthy of a perfect score? Hell yeah. What matters most to me is my first impression of a game after I have time to soak it in, rather than the final impression of when I'm done with it and toss it away. I have put many hours into this game and I think it's a beautifully crafted game. I might not play it as much as I used to, but I still think it's one of the best titles of this generation.  

Message 1 of 14 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: Two months in... final verdict?

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2013

Nothing has changed, it will always be 10/10 for me, no matter what. Even if Naughty Dog would release a TLoU 2 that is better than original TLoU (which sure seems impossible), I would still call TLoU perfect. Although, I haven't played MP which people seem to dislike... but I don't care. I play The Last of Us just because of the single player.

Because the game's fanbase and the people that like it could be called...

...The Best of Us.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 2 of 14 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Aug 15, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

Nothing has changed, it will always be 10/10 for me, no matter what. Even if Naughty Dog would release a TLoU 2 that is better than original TLoU (which sure seems impossible), I would still call TLoU perfect. Although, I haven't played MP which people seem to dislike... but I don't care. I play The Last of Us just because of the single player.

...The Best of Us.

I don't know who dislikes the multiplayer, but I thought it was awesome. It was a breath of fresh air and it's a very unique experience. 

Message 3 of 14 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
665 posts

Aug 15, 2013
Its 9.5 now because of lack of gore in EU versions.
Message 4 of 14 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

...The Best of Us.

I don't know who dislikes the multiplayer, but I thought it was awesome. It was a breath of fresh air and it's a very unique experience. 

Just referring to the people that say "zomg <insert gun here> is OP!!!!" or "lawl this sucks i get killed by invisible ppl (aka. lag)!!" etc.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 5 of 14 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Aug 15, 2013

The Last of Us is easily one of the best games I will ever play.  It does just about everything right and aside from minor glitches/bugs, that aren't a part of the game's design anyway, I can't find a thing to complain about.  The music, atmosphere, characters, story, and gameplay are seemingly perfect.  If I were rating on the SP alone, I would give the game a 10/10.

Thing is, I have now played over three weeks of multiplayer (only one journey, I don't get to play for long periods of time), and it does bring my score down.  It is a unique experience compared to most shooters, and there are plenty of elements that make TLoU MP worth playing over any other game.  However, there's still some major problems (like late-joining) that make so very frustrated.  I also am finding that the MP isn't nearly as fun or rewarding when attempting to simply play and not aim for parts.  Regardless, it retains a feeling of tedium, but this could change with the addition of maps and modes in the future.

With both MP and SP in consideration, I have to give TLoU a 9/10, but the campaign is something I look forward to playing a hundred more times, as I've done with both Souls titles and the original Bioshock.

Message 6 of 14 (303 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Aug 15, 2013

Still remains as a 9.8/10 game for me. Which by the way is the highest score I have ever given for a game.

Message 7 of 14 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Aug 15, 2013

For me is,

The Last Of Us

Playstation 3 Game Of The Year

Playstation 3 Best Game

Game of the Decade

Game of my Life

I never played a game truth around 20+ times and even find new things.

I never got that attached to Chars like in The Last Of Us.

I never had such a deep (realistic) Story like in The Last Of Us.

I never had that much to thing about a Game.

I never listed to a Score that much.

Maybe i'm just a Fan...

...how ever who complain about this,

just 1 other Game what offers a Story and Chars like this...

i would love to know about.

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 8 of 14 (284 Views)
Fender Bender
3388 posts

Aug 15, 2013
Still the greatest game I ever played. Still a perfect 10. Started my 4th playthrough the other night on Survivor+.

Message 9 of 14 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
32 posts

Aug 15, 2013

Nope no change, still the greatest game ever made in my book

Message 10 of 14 (273 Views)
0 Likes