Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5307 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

Apr 20, 2013
Might be a secret code to unlock it, like with the Konami code.
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 98 (281 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2846 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

Apr 20, 2013

AKyemeni, can you ask (to justin richmond I think it was) the following things:

- would we, at the moment, recognize the easter egg as a the last of us easter egg?

- is it in the single player story or in multiplayer maps, or coop adventure?

- can we find the easter egg by exploring the maps, or do we need to do some kind of trick (you don't have to tell which one)?

- do we need any information from outside the game, or can we find it just by playing the game?

- please another hint! xD

 

I would like to help searching again, but I do not like wasting time on it if it appears to be a easter egg I would not be able to find, that's why I want those questions answered :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 98 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
8524 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

Apr 20, 2013
^ I've tried countless times to contact him, but either he only responds to certain people or he really wants the easter egg to be secretive. I remember someone asking him what chapter it was in and he answered "nice try"

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 98 (254 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2846 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

Apr 20, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
^ I've tried countless times to contact him, but either he only responds to certain people or he really wants the easter egg to be secretive. I remember someone asking him what chapter it was in and he answered "nice try"

ok, thanks for trying though, maybe we should all choose one chapter, and play that chapter over and over again, doing anything we can in it's environment, throwing grenades at every wall there is, shooting every object we see, and jump to anything that looks like something you can hold on too (and all the things that don't xD ), just name a chapter and start searching, I'll take the Chateau chapter to start with, because I have an idea about puzzles, maybe they can be solved in multiple ways, one really hard solution that might hide the easter egg, maybe you can try Yemen underground puzzle, with all the holes, maybe something can be done there, I'll start tomorrow again, I have a new playstation and so I have lost all my save files, I was just about to start UC3 on crushing again anyway, so I will try finding the easter egg again :smileyhappy:

 

so, the chateau chapter, who's next? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 98 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
7102 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

Apr 21, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
^ I've tried countless times to contact him, but either he only responds to certain people or he really wants the easter egg to be secretive. I remember someone asking him what chapter it was in and he answered "nice try"

ok, thanks for trying though, maybe we should all choose one chapter, and play that chapter over and over again, doing anything we can in it's environment, throwing grenades at every wall there is, shooting every object we see, and jump to anything that looks like something you can hold on too (and all the things that don't xD ), just name a chapter and start searching, I'll take the Chateau chapter to start with, because I have an idea about puzzles, maybe they can be solved in multiple ways, one really hard solution that might hide the easter egg, maybe you can try Yemen underground puzzle, with all the holes, maybe something can be done there, I'll start tomorrow again, I have a new playstation and so I have lost all my save files, I was just about to start UC3 on crushing again anyway, so I will try finding the easter egg again :smileyhappy:

 

so, the chateau chapter, who's next? :smileyhappy:




Trust me, people have tried. I personally spent at least an hour on every chapter and found nothing.

 

It may not even be in the SP. It might not even be something you can just see without doing something to (for example, having to speed up audio by 10x to reveal secret messages, or decode a beeping noise to an image/text, etc...).

 

So people should keep these things in mind.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 98 (241 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

Apr 21, 2013

fadi002 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
^ I've tried countless times to contact him, but either he only responds to certain people or he really wants the easter egg to be secretive. I remember someone asking him what chapter it was in and he answered "nice try"

ok, thanks for trying though, maybe we should all choose one chapter, and play that chapter over and over again, doing anything we can in it's environment, throwing grenades at every wall there is, shooting every object we see, and jump to anything that looks like something you can hold on too (and all the things that don't xD ), just name a chapter and start searching, I'll take the Chateau chapter to start with, because I have an idea about puzzles, maybe they can be solved in multiple ways, one really hard solution that might hide the easter egg, maybe you can try Yemen underground puzzle, with all the holes, maybe something can be done there, I'll start tomorrow again, I have a new playstation and so I have lost all my save files, I was just about to start UC3 on crushing again anyway, so I will try finding the easter egg again :smileyhappy:

 

so, the chateau chapter, who's next? :smileyhappy:




Trust me, people have tried. I personally spent at least an hour on every chapter and found nothing.

 

It may not even be in the SP. It might not even be something you can just see without doing something to (for example, having to speed up audio by 10x to reveal secret messages, or decode a beeping noise to an image/text, etc...).

 

So people should keep these things in mind.


I actually hadn't thought of that. I guess my next playthrough will have this in mind. 

 

I just hope that when (if) someone actually finds this, it is something worthwhile.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 98 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
7102 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

Apr 21, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I actually hadn't thought of that. I guess my next playthrough will have this in mind. 

 

I just hope that when (if) someone actually finds this, it is something worthwhile.


 Find it be something like "Joel and Ellie" written on a wall somewhere.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 98 (228 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
7102 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2013

I just looked through most of the game's textures that I could get, and found these interesting things:

 

I doubt any of them are the actual easter egg, but they're worth looking at.

 

The arabic writing doesn't say anything special, but who's that guy? A character in TLOU? An early concept for Joel? The guy who owns this store? We'll probably never know...

 

Small pieces of papers with some of the Dogs' names on them. Pretty cool, but doesn't have anything to do with TLOU.

 

Can anyone decode this? They show the decoding wheel a few times, that could help translate this. I'm too tired to do this now.

 

Edit: Tried looking at a few Sabaean script websites, but I got this translation: 'rf|hqm|'|ynqh|ny    yn|hqny|'|mqh|fr'  (The lines are unknown characters in the picture, which are straight lines.)

 

Here are the websites:

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/sabaean.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabaean_language

http://api.ning.com/files/ZsgPuKLKjICtI3YX7m1p2YJl3mF9uwiEwXtMnRt2azPVCcxRgnVLg-B4*rcPTCYKF9YRGSE0Dm...

http://www.runewebvitki.com/origin18.gif

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 98 (217 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/20/2010
Offline
872 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

Apr 21, 2013
I have checked every rock and area of Ubar with nothing.

Could it perhaps be an item in TLOU of the 101 treasures in UC3?

I like the Sabean script idea Fadi xD., god I really want to find it. Just finished my 28 th playthrough.
Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 98 (179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
7102 posts
 

Re: (UPDATED 2: Confirmed Not the One) The missing Last of Us reference in Uncharted 3?

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

I also found this in the Uncharted 3 textures:

 

(It's not this messed up in the game. That's just a problem with the way I extract these textures.)

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 98 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes