Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2445 posts

Re: (Update 6: Interviews from PAX ) TLOU will be playable at PAX East!

Mar 26, 2013

Yeah I'm not stressing about the auto cover, I never played tomb raider but I can see from youtube videos how seamless it looks. And it feels like, if done properly, this fits right in with stealth.

According to this poster on neogaf we can get Ellie to die. lol. I don't know if it's true (what reason would one have to lie about that) but I had been wondering all along if we could get Ellie or Tess to die because of our own recklessness, or if Joel was the only one who could die. Interesting.

[quote]Clickers are blind, runners are not. It made the encounters quite tough.

The room with the shotgun, 2 clickers and maybe 4 runners I pretty much made it through by pure luck. I tossed a brick to the right, then stealthed to the left, used my upgraded crowbar on the first runner I came across, then pushed forward while Ellie and the other woman (can't recall her name) engaged the Clickers. I completely left them behind (I'm brave!), but managed to pass the room and they didn't die. A buddy of mine had Ellie die one time.[/quote]

Poor Ellie.

Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 120 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Mar 26, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

Yeah I'm not stressing about the auto cover, I never played tomb raider but I can see from youtube videos how seamless it looks. And it feels like, if done properly, this fits right in with stealth.

According to this poster on neogaf we can get Ellie to die. lol. I don't know if it's true (what reason would one have to lie about that) but I had been wondering all along if we could get Ellie or Tess to die because of our own recklessness, or if Joel was the only one who could die. Interesting.

The room with the shotgun, 2 clickers and maybe 4 runners I pretty much made it through by pure luck. I tossed a brick to the right, then stealthed to the left, used my upgraded crowbar on the first runner I came across, then pushed forward while Ellie and the other woman (can't recall her name) engaged the Clickers. I completely left them behind (I'm brave!), but managed to pass the room and they didn't die. A buddy of mine had Ellie die one time.[/quote]

Poor Ellie.

letting Ellie die should earn your friend a "Bros before Hoes" trophy...lol

Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 120 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2445 posts

Mar 26, 2013

loakum wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

Poor Ellie.

letting Ellie die should earn your friend a "Bros before Hoes" trophy...lol

:smileylol:

I would die of laughter if I saw that

Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 120 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

"A buddy of mine had Ellie die one time." Great new! I was wondering if that was possible.

The guy from neogaf wrote this:

"Every shiv or use seems to "use up" the knife and it has 3 'charges' on it. You can restrengthen in through the crafting system like any other weapon (there is a degradation system of sorts like I mentioned with the knife's charges)."

Does it mean we can repair melee weapons, instead of just waiting for them to brake and get a new one? The same guy also mentioned upgrading his shiv.

These things sound weird.

Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 120 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

"A buddy of mine had Ellie die one time." Great new! I was wondering if that was possible.

The guy from neogaf wrote this:

"Every shiv or use seems to "use up" the knife and it has 3 'charges' on it. You can restrengthen in through the crafting system like any other weapon (there is a degradation system of sorts like I mentioned with the knife's charges)."

Does it mean we can repair melee weapons, instead of just waiting for them to brake and get a new one? The same guy also mentioned upgrading his shiv.

These things sound weird.

That sounds simular to Dark Souls/Demons Souls, because after so many times you use a weapon, it will break. You can also find items to repair it, and make it stronger, but that can only be done by a blacksmith. I guess The Last of Us always want the user to search for items to build and repair weapons. Which sound awesome. I recall reading, the only ones who actually beat the demo were the ones who search for items.

Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 120 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Mar 27, 2013
This video shown more about the crafting system. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr31CV7emlA

Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 120 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8036 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 120 (269 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Apr 4, 2013

loakum wrote:

That sounds simular to Dark Souls/Demons Souls, because after so many times you use a weapon, it will break. You can also find items to repair it, and make it stronger, but that can only be done by a blacksmith. I guess The Last of Us always want the user to search for items to build and repair weapons. Which sound awesome. I recall reading, the only ones who actually beat the demo were the ones who search for items.

Yeah. It does seem like Dark Souls. I just haven't seen any repair in the trailers, yet. So I was surprised. And I still think it's weird to upgrade a Shiv. I mean... if it is indeed only used for quick and silent stealth kills, how can it be made better? The only thing I see improving is the durability, but that would not be so different from repairs. So, I suspect the guy has mistaken crafting a shiv with upgrading a shiv. I'm far from sure, though.

And nice find, Yem.

Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 120 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Just found a new video showing some footage of the beggining of the Pax East gameplay. Nothing new except part of the cutscene before you start controlling Joel. However its nearly impossible to make out what they are saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIhvDXXfInU

Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 120 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2445 posts

Apr 7, 2013

snipingseal915 wrote:

Just found a new video showing some footage of the beggining of the Pax East gameplay. Nothing new except part of the cutscene before you start controlling Joel. However its nearly impossible to make out what they are saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIhvDXXfInU

Ugh, women always take sides in arguments. Amiright joel.

Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 120 (107 Views)
0 Likes