Highlighted
Jun 07 2012
By: EDSTA713 I Only Post Everything 870 posts

What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

90 replies 2258 views Edited Jun 7, 2012

I personally think Joel will die somehow and leave poor Ellie to fight for herself. The more they bond then the sadder it will be if one of them dies. I see the ending of the game as a sad scene somehow. Joel might become infected by the spores in the air by accident or get killed by a hunter. I think ND had said that this game won't have a sequel and is the end of TLoU. If that's true then we shouldn't expect TLoU 2 in the future and that will make this game more sense to kill off a main character. Unless they are going for a "lived happily ever after" story. I don't see Ellie dying since shes a teen and only Jason Vorhess/Freddy Krueger can get away with killing teens. If ND kills off Ellie then that would be crazy to see. Maybe they both die... What do you guys think will happen? I know it might be too early to already try to figure out what's gonna happen but I can't help my excitement for this game.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 91 (2,258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Jun 7, 2012

Ellie and/or Joel will go to New Mexico/Texas to get rid of the Infected once and for all, and someone ends up dying and failing.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 2 of 91 (2,258 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 7, 2012

Maybe they find a lost city and have to escape before it gets destroyed.  On their way out they run across a huge bridge that slowly gets destroyed and right when they get to the end, they encounter some kind of enemy. 

Message 3 of 91 (2,258 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4394 posts

Jun 8, 2012

What kind of ending does post-apocalyptic game have?

1. Joel amd Ellie kill the final boss infested fungi monster and the evil scientist who plan another infestion for his ambition. Then they try to escape from the zombies that chases them in the scientist's facility. Unfortunately, Joel sacrifice himself to help Ellie escape by holding back the zombies with a boom. Ellie cries and holds dying Joel as he said goodbye and thanks for the journey. She digs up a grave for him and carry the knowledge and survival skills that Joel has taught her. For some reason, the fungi infestion dies down, and no zombies are in sight. Ellie has grew into a fine woman and gather good people to help her built a stable society.

2. Joel and Ellie go back in time to stop the infestion from happening. Thus, the story continues in the TLoU2.

3. It was all just a stupid dream.

4. Joel and Ellie are killed by tourists. *Bad ending*

5. Joel and Ellie become infested. *Bad ending*

6. Joel and Ellie die in car accident. *Bad ending*

7. Joel and Ellie teleport to Uncharted universe, meet Drake and his friends, and live in peace.

8. Joel and Ellie teleport to Equestria, meet the ponies, and live in peace.

9. Ellie meets Ellen Page, Katherine "Kitty" Pryde, Juno MacGuff, and Ariadne. Oh shit. The universe explodes.

10. Joel becomes a God of War when he kills Ellie by a accident.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 4 of 91 (2,258 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 8, 2012

FredFai wrote:

What kind of ending does post-apocalyptic game have?

1. Joel amd Ellie kill the final boss infested fungi monster and the evil scientist who plan another infestion for his ambition. Then they try to escape from the zombies that chases them in the scientist's facility. Unfortunately, Joel sacrifice himself to help Ellie escape by holding back the zombies with a boom. Ellie cries and holds dying Joel as he said goodbye and thanks for the journey. She digs up a grave for him and carry the knowledge and survival skills that Joel has taught her. For some reason, the fungi infestion dies down, and no zombies are in sight. Ellie has grew into a fine woman and gather good people to help her built a stable society.

2. Joel and Ellie go back in time to stop the infestion from happening. Thus, the story continues in the TLoU2.

3. It was all just a stupid dream.

4. Joel and Ellie are killed by tourists. *Bad ending*

5. Joel and Ellie become infested. *Bad ending*

6. Joel and Ellie die in car accident. *Bad ending*

7. Joel and Ellie teleport to Uncharted universe, meet Drake and his friends, and live in peace.

8. Joel and Ellie teleport to Equestria, meet the ponies, and live in peace.

9. Ellie meets Ellen Page, Katherine "Kitty" Pryde, Juno MacGuff, and Ariadne. Oh ****. The universe explodes.

10. Joel becomes a God of War when he kills Ellie by a accident.

Albert Wesker....should have known Umbrella would be behind this.  Good job making a resident evil game ND

/extreme sarcasm

But there are infinitely many possibilities for this game...

Message 5 of 91 (2,258 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 8, 2012

I think Joel will finish his mission. He will get Ellie to wherever he is taking her. But he will die. He's no hero, he's a survivor. This game is about humanity, not monsters. But however Joel dies, it doesn't matter. He will die. I think he will die to save her, to finish his mission. He may finally realize all the bad he does, even though he's just trying to live, and I guess if he's the religous type, maybe he gives in easier, thinking he will be with his wife and kids in the afterlife, assuming he had a wife or kids....

Message 6 of 91 (2,258 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jun 8, 2012

JOSH55886 wrote:

I think Joel will finish his mission. He will get Ellie to wherever he is taking her. But he will die. He's no hero, he's a survivor. This game is about humanity, not monsters. But however Joel dies, it doesn't matter. He will die. I think he will die to save her, to finish his mission. He may finally realize all the bad he does, even though he's just trying to live, and I guess if he's the religous type, maybe he gives in easier, thinking he will be with his wife and kids in the afterlife, assuming he had a wife or kids....

Joel is not the hero we deserve, but the survivor we need. 

but no really, this does open up a good point.

What if they do kill off Joel?  Will The Last of Us not have reoccurring characters?  (There will be a second "the last of us" people don't believe there will be a 4th uncharted but Sony is crazy about the last of us..there will be a second) Will The Last of Us 2 take place in Ellie's shoes?  Will she become the "survivor" to lead another person through the broken world? 

So many possibilities. 

Message 7 of 91 (2,258 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Well ND did say they have a big cast for this game. And that's what I want to see more of. Uncharted always was revealed at VGAS, with a demo AND a trailer a E3. This demo was awesome, but I was hoping for a trailer too. Not a trailer like the first one, or showing a certain cutscene. An actualy trailer, revealing mroe about the story and showing more of the game.

Message 8 of 91 (2,258 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Ellie kills Joel

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 9 of 91 (2,258 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jun 8, 2012

Ellie and Joel makes it to the safe point and lives on with more of the survivors,the good ones. The Earth begins to repopulate ending the infected  takeover. Everyone lives their normal lives with Joel and Ellie going their second ways.

But then, in a post credit cutscene, we see that the same virus that caused this mess starts back up in England causing this whole catastrophe over again, brining TLOU2

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 10 of 91 (2,258 Views)
0 Likes