Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Sep 30, 2012

EDSTA713 wrote:

I personally think Joel will die somehow and leave poor Ellie to fight for herself. The more they bond then the sadder it will be if one of them dies. I see the ending of the game as a sad scene somehow. Joel might become infected by the spores in the air by accident or get killed by a hunter. I think ND had said that this game won't have a sequel and is the end of TLoU. If that's true then we shouldn't expect TLoU 2 in the future and that will make this game more sense to kill off a main character. Unless they are going for a "lived happily ever after" story. I don't see Ellie dying since shes a teen and only Jason Vorhess/Freddy Krueger can get away with killing teens. If ND kills off Ellie then that would be crazy to see. Maybe they both die... What do you guys think will happen? I know it might be too early to already try to figure out what's gonna happen but I can't help my excitement for this game.

I think that the cure will be fake. Then they have to go somewhere else to find it. But at the end of the game it's going to show a camera shot of Joel and Ellie surrounded by zombies. Then it will show the title and credits.

Message 21 of 91 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I bet that the ending will be exactly like, or similar to the movie "The Book of Eli" (for those of you who saw it, you know what happens).

I see it coming, since ND already kind of copied their plot from the movie, and they even copied certain events that happen on the road torwards survival...

Message 22 of 91 (516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I'd bet all I own on a Cliffhanger

http://gamewise.co/games/45504/The-Last-of-Us
Message 23 of 91 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Someone will die.

If it has multiple endings then someone will die.

Message 24 of 91 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Oct 7, 2012

I think ND will really throw people off with this ending. They like to put in a twist at just the right time to make you think someone will die or won't.

Personally, I think Joel will get Ellie to where he promised he we take her, and that will be the first half of the game. Once there, Ellie realizes that this place she wanted to be is just as bad as the rest of the world and stays with Joel. They decide it's time to find a place where they can be safe (maybe it's that place) and have to clear out other survivors/raiders which gets Ellie captured. Joel has to sacrifice himself to get in their little base and maybe set some traps, make a ruckus and in all the commotion save Ellie and kill their leader. Maybe this commotion draws in some infected, which presents a new problem. Anyone know why they hid in the trailer from the infected and fought the other people? Seems like these infected are more than just the zombie-type imo. I'll say it all ends with Joel having to set up a bomb of something to remove a few dozen of these guys and gives all the signals to the player that he's dead, but shows him walking away as she settles into a now peaceful place. Seems like after all they've been through, parting ways would never happen unless one of them died, surely Joel could see that coming. 

Just a possible ending that leaves it open for a sequel, but doesn't require one.

The Old Republic = Every great game Sony never released...and did.
Message 25 of 91 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Oct 17, 2012

I think they will find a society that has otherwise been untouched by the infected (like falling skies).

I do not think they will wipe out all of the infected in order to have a chance for a sequel.

R.I.P POGO
Message 26 of 91 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I think the ending might be Joel dying or some other ways that will make him be separated w/ ellie for good. So a more mature Ellie will be the main protagonist in TLOU 2. W/c i don't mind btw as I've always wanted an uncharted w/ chloe as a main character. Ellie is like chloe in a sense that they are not the typical female leads in video games.

I also remember reading an article where sony said "female gamers are the untapped market in video games" or something along those lines. And this might just the game that will do that for sony and nd. Nate drake, cole, kratos as mascot for dude gamers and ellie (also the girl from quantic game) mascot for the female gamers, Because obviously other than crappy dance/kiddie games, theres just isn't enough games out there centered around a female character (TR, ME to name a few). I feel like the future of this franchise will be a hardcore M game w/ a female lead (w/c is other than the TR reboot, there isn't any other game on the market for that genre). Though im not saying in anyway gamers are sexist, its just that if you look at the leading characters in games available today there isn't enough that is representative of the female gamers.

I like how ps3's (and soon to be ps4's) expected first party games is shaping up, every kind of gamer is covered w/c is awesome.

and yeah, i seriously went off topic after the first sentence. lol.

+============================================================+
Message 27 of 91 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Either them slow mo running from a horde.

Joel and ellie get surrounded and joel pulls out a pistol and then credits roll

Why? so there might be a sequel Smiley Happy

Bioshock infinite, Last of us, tomb raider, GTA5,Watch Dogs,Dead space 3...2013= the year of no girlfriends
Message 28 of 91 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 17, 2012

BEST ENDING EVER: hey hey joel you got punk'd!

Bioshock infinite, Last of us, tomb raider, GTA5,Watch Dogs,Dead space 3...2013= the year of no girlfriends
Message 29 of 91 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 17, 2012

If he dies I don't think he will die by clickers but by the government hunting him. The lead **bleep** will shoot him in the head just before he has finished his journey but then ellie chucks the goverment people into a horde of clickers.

Message 30 of 91 (386 Views)
0 Likes