Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Apr 11, 2013
^ I was about to say. That's basically I am Legend, haha.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 51 of 91 (120 Views)
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20306 posts
 

Heh... :)   Personally, I'm hoping that both Joel and Ell...

Apr 12, 2013

CyborgHippo wrote:
Or... Joel is near to finding a cure for the infected and is an science contamination lab with ballistic glass and hundreds of infected are trying to break in,he than tells Ellie to escape with the remedy via an vent. As Ellie leaves,Joel opens up a frag grenades and tries to kill the remaining infected,Ellie than appears at the Fireflies hideout with the remedy. (Props to you if you get the reference)

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

Heh... Smiley Happy

 

Personally, I'm hoping that both Joel and Ellie survive. I know there's a good chance one or both of them will die, but I'm hoping Naughty Dog keeps them alive, whether they be in good health or  bad.

Message 52 of 91 (116 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1577 posts
 

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Apr 12, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:
^ I was about to say. That's basically I am Legend, haha.

Only if Joel was Will Smith... We need more apocalyptic games with black male survivors that don't always get killed off,seriously... And the main character has to look REALLY REALLY similar to Will Smith or Morgan Freeman with them as the voice actors.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 53 of 91 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1577 posts
 

Re: Heh... :) Personally, I'm hoping that both Joel and Ell...

Apr 12, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

CyborgHippo wrote:
Or... Joel is near to finding a cure for the infected and is an science contamination lab with ballistic glass and hundreds of infected are trying to break in,he than tells Ellie to escape with the remedy via an vent. As Ellie leaves,Joel opens up a frag grenades and tries to kill the remaining infected,Ellie than appears at the Fireflies hideout with the remedy. (Props to you if you get the reference)

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

Heh... Smiley Happy

 

Personally, I'm hoping that both Joel and Ellie survive. I know there's a good chance one or both of them will die, but I'm hoping Naughty Dog keeps them alive, whether they be in good health or  bad.


Kudos to you!

Also the biggest twist they could bring to The Last of Us is that they will both survive since a lot of people would be expecting that sad "ERMAGERD DON'T DIE!!!"

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 54 of 91 (114 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/24/2013
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Apr 12, 2013
Ok so picture this. Joel and ellie are being chased by a ton of runners and clickers and they barricade the door but it's not going to hold. Joel tells ellie he'll hold them off and it's a very sad scene and the music swells up and ellie cries and doesn't want to leave. But then Joel screams at her to go so she does. (Now for the beautiful part) the cut scene transitions into game play and you hear the the barricades breaking and Joel whispers something like "here goes nothing" or "come and get me" and the game let's you fight all the enemies until your inevitable death with sad dramatic music playing! Bam!That would be the greatest ending ever! because it's not a cut scene so it feels like you actually fighting to save ellie until you die.Anyone want an ending like that?
Message 55 of 91 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/07/2012
Offline
172 posts
 

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Apr 12, 2013
^Play Red Dead Redemption? Very similar and impactful ending.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 56 of 91 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Apr 12, 2013

themarcshark223 wrote:
Ok so picture this. Joel and ellie are being chased by a ton of runners and clickers and they barricade the door but it's not going to hold. Joel tells ellie he'll hold them off and it's a very sad scene and the music swells up and ellie cries and doesn't want to leave. But then Joel screams at her to go so she does. (Now for the beautiful part) the cut scene transitions into game play and you hear the the barricades breaking and Joel whispers something like "here goes nothing" or "come and get me" and the game let's you fight all the enemies until your inevitable death with sad dramatic music playing! Bam!That would be the greatest ending ever! because it's not a cut scene so it feels like you actually fighting to save ellie until you die.Anyone want an ending like that?

I actually admit that would a very emtional, badas* ending. However it's pretty predictable. I'd rather the scene your describe be somewhere toward the middle of the game, where Joel realizes that he actually would give his life for this little girl, but ends up surviving. It also gives Ellie a new appreciation, love for Joel since he was ready to do so.

 

In summary your idea is awesome, but IMO the kind of thing I'd rather see as a development point in the relationship, rather than the ending.

Message 57 of 91 (83 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/24/2013
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Apr 12, 2013
^True but in my ending its not scripted. I mean it is to an extent because you have to die (infinite spawning runners) but you have full control and can last however long you can.
Message 58 of 91 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/24/2013
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Apr 12, 2013
^nate you are everywhere these days
Message 59 of 91 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: What Do You Think The Ending For TLoU Will Be?

Apr 12, 2013
I am. I actually posted that by accident. Though I can be here alot thanks to my phone. Smiley Wink

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 60 of 91 (87 Views)
Reply
0 Likes