Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 07 2013
By: no1_narwhal_fan Lombax Warrior 229 posts

What about the gameplay?

8 replies 298 views Edited Aug 7, 2013

Everybody praises the storyline and the cinematic experience in this game so much it's almost forgotten how good the gameplay is. So how about some love for the gameplay, people, because TLOU has some of most polished, balanced and simply enjoyable gameplay of this generation. The controls are great, the difficulty is challenging with being frustrating and thers plenty of room for the player to use different tactics. What also stand out is how every enemy confrontation feels different; from creepy and atmospheric sections that wouldn't look out of place in Dead Space to out and out shoot outs and breathless set pieces.

Message 1 of 9 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Re: What about the gameplay?

Aug 9, 2013

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

Everybody praises the storyline and the cinematic experience in this game so much it's almost forgotten how good the gameplay is. So how about some love for the gameplay, people, because TLOU has some of most polished, balanced and simply enjoyable gameplay of this generation. The controls are great, the difficulty is challenging with being frustrating and thers plenty of room for the player to use different tactics. What also stand out is how every enemy confrontation feels different; from creepy and atmospheric sections that wouldn't look out of place in Dead Space to out and out shoot outs and breathless set pieces.

You must've not played multiplayer yet...

Message 2 of 9 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1959 posts

Aug 10, 2013
Gameplay was fantastic, agreed. Everything felt properly weighted and solid. Metal Gear Solid was always my favorite stealth games, but I like how tlou handled it even more. The melee was brutal, and handling Ellie felt much different than Joel. Great stuff.

Message 3 of 9 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1640 posts

Aug 10, 2013

Juninja wrote:

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

One thing you have to realise, NO multiplayer EVER is balanced, or polished. People will always find ways to exploit it. Plain, and simple.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 4 of 9 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

Juninja wrote:

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

One thing you have to realise, NO multiplayer EVER is balanced, or polished. People will always find ways to exploit it. Plain, and simple.

Unless they put everyone in a cage with the same gun without any cover. But that wouldn't be fun now would it. :smileytongue:

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 5 of 9 (183 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 11, 2013

I just finished the last of us and I think the game itself even the plot makes uncharted look like rubbish, which is a sign of better games in the future:smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 9 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Aug 11, 2013

MAAZIN-FAZIL wrote:

I just finished the last of us and I think the game itself even the plot makes uncharted look like rubbish, which is a sign of better games in the future:smileyhappy:

Agreed, I didn't think Naughty Dog could really top Uncharted 2 but the only thing Uncharted beats TLOU on is that it has slightly more spectacular set pieces.

Message 7 of 9 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Yes, I think the gameplay was almost on par with the storyline and dialogue (which were pretty much imposssible to beat!). The stealth mechanics worked wonderfully and made sense. I almost never felt like I had been cheated or killed in some lame way. There are numerous ways to handle each individual encounter, which makes multiple playthroughs no big deal. I really like the gunplay, although I can see why some people woulln't like it. It's more "heavy/weighty", and since ammo is sparse, accuracy counts for a lot in this game, which is rare these days. I take pride in my accuracy rate, because it means I'm wasting less resouces.

Message 8 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Juninja wrote:

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

It is enjoyable imo, and the flaws it has aren't that annoying :smileywink:

Message 9 of 9 (108 Views)
0 Likes