I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: What are your first impressions?

Jun 14, 2013

niner4life9 wrote:

Boring. I had a thread giving my impression but since it was a negative opinion I guess Naughty Dog felt like deleting it. To much walking around slowly. Not enough action and fun. Yes the graphics are good but it doesn't make up for bad gameplay. Clear room, collect a few items, and rinse/repeat all the way to the end. Shooting is inaccurate and not powerful enough. Shivs break way to easily.

You are making your self sound stupid. At least think a little bit deaper.

Message 11 of 34 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 14, 2013

It's not our fault you have a low attention span.

Message 12 of 34 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 15, 2013

6 hours in just got to Pittsburgh. Absolutely loving it.  By far maybe the best first 5 hours of an game I ever played.

Played nonstop for 6 hours. My longest played session since Red Dead Redemption. Usually I played for an few hours, take an break come back later. But not this time.

As long as my Save is there when I get back, I'll be a happy camper. The AI running in front of AI enemy is silly, but not an deal breaker.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 34 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I am blowed away best game in awhile just made it to the Capitol building on hard difficulty. I'm hate see survivor mode
Message 14 of 34 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I loved my first six hours with this game, then I realised that I couldn't save any of it, played it back through offline and still loved the rerun lol it only took me about 4and a half hours to reach the same point, characters are brilliant and I haven't been bored for a second. Gameplay is reasonably simple but the mechanics are all RIGHT, the stealth is intuitive, the melee is great when your in a tight spot ,and the gunplay is solid but you have to be in a situation of your own making so no standing out in the open blasting anything that moves. It all makes you really think about your strategy. On the negative Side I've had a worrying amount of glitchy bits sound dropping out and flickering animations and so on, coupled with the autosave glitch I'm slightly concerned that it might just freeze up on me or kill my admittedly decrepit ps3 altogether.
Message 15 of 34 (211 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Reviews didnt lie - now that most of us can autosave and play, the game is great. Excellent look, acting, set pieces

MP is the real surprise for me. I knew I'd love the SP cause its ND and 'survival urban horror' but wasn't sure about MP. Real good

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 16 of 34 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Yea i had a moment where there was a bit of sound dropping. But overall this game is a masterpiece, only thing i wish it had was, if we could of give commands to Ellie.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 17 of 34 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

The last of us is my favorite  game hands down!Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 34 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 15, 2013
loving tess, shes brilliant, the game is a master peice and this from someone who thought uncharted was ok but way way over rated,
Message 19 of 34 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Two bad things (thats all!): Friendlies run around like idiots and constantly run in front of clickers and runners. They don't detect your friendlies (only you), but it just ruins the mood of the game when you're all badass stealth mode and then you watch as ellie or bill just run directly in front of an enemy as the enemy takes no notice.

The other thing is that you can't counter clickers that get close to you.

I know you can get shiv master, but there's two things wrong with this.

(1) There's nothing different from runners and clickers that would make it impossible to push them off of you
(2) You have to use a shiv to do it, and you can't get Shiv master until you get the supplements to get it (I used them on other things)

I just think it's real **bleep** that you can't push clickers off since there's nothing physically different that makes it so you CAN'T push them off.
Message 20 of 34 (177 Views)
0 Likes