Jun 19 2013
By: cvbxsta Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

What do Game Hints, Strategic Hints, Tutorial Hints, and Tag Popups settings enable/disable?

8 replies 860 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

So what exactly do the Game Hints, Strategic Hints, Tutorial Hints, and Keep Tag Popups settings enable/disable?

Cause I started a Survivor playthrough, set everything to off, and still get tutorial hints, etc.

Message 1 of 9 (860 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Re: What do Game Hints, Strategic Hints, Tutorial Hints, and Tag Popups settings enable/disable?

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

Dont think you get tutorial hints on survivor difficulty.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 2 of 9 (859 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: What do Game Hints, Strategic Hints, Tutorial Hints, and Tag Popups settings enable/disable?

Jun 19, 2013

Cimbom19855 wrote:

Dont think you get tutorial hints on survivor difficulty.

I'm definitely on Survivor and it's still telling me how to quick turn, how to apply a medkit, how to reload, etc.

Message 3 of 9 (850 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

Am on survivor difficulty and i got nothing unless you can turn them on but are you sure you playing on survivor difficulty?

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 4 of 9 (841 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Cimbom19855 wrote:
Am on survivor difficulty and i got nothing unless you can turn them on but i you sure you playing on survivor difficulty?

I checked the options and it says Survivor difficulty. And everything is turned off, except Tag Popups (that's the icons for bricks, melee weapons, etc. right?)

Message 5 of 9 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

^^Anyone?

Message 6 of 9 (827 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

I believe Tag popups are the popups in the top right corner you get when earning a tag,like hitting x amount of enemies with bricks/bottles e.t.c...

Message 7 of 9 (771 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 20, 2013
^Thanks

Anyone know about the rest? And I'm definitely playing on Survivor (that's the difficulty in the options) and the lack of supplies are consistent with what others have said about the difficulty
Message 8 of 9 (730 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I would also love to get rid of all on screen prompts, I am still on my first play through and can not turn off tutorial hints, its really annoying.

And of course the pick ups shining in completely dark rooms is super stupid.

Why have a flashlight at all?  Just to find the door to the next dark room where you turn it off to find the pickups?

Can you say "Immersion breaking"???

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 9 of 9 (728 Views)
0 Likes