Survivor
2480 posts

Re: What do I do now?

Jul 29, 2013

Play it again! Trust me there is going to be a lot of stuff you didn't notice/see on your first playthrough, subtle details and conversations between Joel and Ellie and hints at them growing closer.

If not that, then play multiplayer! Team up with some friends, IRL or online and kick some **bleep**.

If that still isn't enough for you, go to YouTube and look for discussions on TLoU, you might see people who has different interpretation of the ending and the story, or people discussing the gameplay or something else.

i.e. this

or this

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 11 of 24 (292 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Coming from someone who normally buys shooters for the multiplayer, than realizes it even has a single player mode like a month later...it was the oppisite for this game. I bought it for the single...and I couldnt put it down, or even be bothered wasting time on multi at first. After my first completion I decided to try it out and its waaaaaaay better than I expected. Give it a shot.Great part is when u go back to play new game+ after playing online for a while it almost all feels new again
Message 12 of 24 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Aug 3, 2013

airic82 wrote:
After finishing The Last of Us last night and having nearly 24 hours pass, I can't help but still have it permiating my thoughts. It's to the point that I'm just unsure what to do now. I want more, but not just another play through.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Games don't usually leave me this way.

Just had to reply to this thread because I feel exactly the same way and i'm glad i'm not the only one! It's been 2 days since I finished TLOU and i've still got the characters, the plot and the ending swimming around my head. I even feel a little down that it's over. As a 34 year old man i know it's silly to feel this way about a game.............but i do. 

Message 13 of 24 (227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Aug 4, 2013
It's been a few weeks since I finished it myself. The game was on my mind for like two weeks before I finally stopped thinking of it. Now I started a second playthrough, and the thoughts are back............
Message 14 of 24 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Aug 4, 2013

Yea play on a new difficulty or a new game plus. Its so enjoyable when you find stuff you missed in your first playthrough and it makes it feel fresh. (And trust me there are hidden/off to the side things that you probably never even knew you could interact with)

Message 15 of 24 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Aug 4, 2013
This game never seems to get boring for me. You always notice some cool little detail you didn't before, and some of the dialogue can be a bit different. Not to mention you can finally upgrade all your weapons and Joel's abilities.

I am determined to eventually get the platinum for this game, it being my favorite game and all haha
Message 16 of 24 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4963 posts

Aug 4, 2013
Survivor.

Message 17 of 24 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Aug 6, 2013

tch2296 wrote:
This game never seems to get boring for me. You always notice some cool little detail you didn't before, and some of the dialogue can be a bit different. Not to mention you can finally upgrade all your weapons and Joel's abilities.

I am determined to eventually get the platinum for this game, it being my favorite game and all haha

I posted this before the forums imploded, so I'll post it again....

TLoU is officially the first game that I really have a strong desire to platinum, and if it weren't for the MP trophies, I just might. Playing through on a + version while trying to track down all the collectibles, upgrades, and conversations I missed does sound awesome, especially since the first bit of the game I didn't concern myself with that stuff. I mostly wanted to avoid Clickers. Smiley Tongue

- Eric

Message 18 of 24 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

Go through the game again on survivor, picking up everything, exploring, try and collect all those comics ellie reads,  improve your skills with weapons like the bow and stealth kill.  There's always stuff you missed the first time round.

Im the same, just completed it.  The characters were so well done, and the story was so well put together I just want more aswell, there are rumours of a sequel.

Im gonna play it on survivor and platinum it, only game where I've really felt like doing that.

The comic prequel story looks good too.

Message 19 of 24 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Aug 7, 2013

It sounds like I'm in the minority here but it's just not the same playing it again once you know what happens (in the story). I also find the "20 years later" bit slow paced and a bit of a chore to play through a second time.

Message 20 of 24 (122 Views)
0 Likes