Dec 21 2012
By: luigi1002 Hekseville Citizen 258 posts

What do you want in DLC?

10 replies 257 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

I know there's been discussion on DLC before, but I want to bring it up on a new message board on the first page, making it simpler and more accesable to others, since some people don't search through the forums to find certain topics. But I'd like to bring attention to DLC; recently we've been mentioning DLC, but I'd like to hear what everyone would like in DLC. Here is what I would like to see in DLC:

1. Skins, more specifically I'd like Sully, Drake, Neil Drukman (Come on, that's be cool seeing one or two of the game designers/creators as a possible character to play as), and a young Joel; around his mid 20's.

2. Seperate campaign; such as Bill's experience, Joel as one of the "hunters", and maybe even a campaign during the beggining of the infection in the first year or so.

3. Character customizations, such as new shirts; for instance, a "The Last Of Us" T-shirt.

4. Maps, because why not? Maps are amazing and add more interest in multiplayer. But if you're reading this, ND, please don't make maps that are like duplicates with similar layouts, I want special different things to happen in each map. In one map there could be infected, in another map it could have a lot of rooftop platforms, you could add hostile hunters in one map, and in another map you could possibly swing by vines or get access on top of trees.

5.Lastly, (I know I'm asking of a lot, but, I'm just snowballing, not demanding, these are suggestions) I would like to see a DLC of a multiplayer mode (If they didn't make it yet, this allows them to make it and when they finish it after the game comes out they can release it, for free hopefully) of you playing together/against eachother as infected taking out waves of humans, or infecting others. When against eachother; we can do a type of hunter scenario when one player is infected and infects others until they either die, or everyone is infected.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post if you did, but if you didn't who cares? I'd just like to hear your ideas and put my ideas out there.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 1 of 11 (257 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Re: What do you want in DLC?

Dec 21, 2012

Actually, I'd just prefer not to have DLC and just have the game complete already. Maps, skins, guns...all those are just items that are most likely coded into the game and they're just waiting for you to "purchase" the "unlock DLC". But if they're gonna make DLC the way DLC is meant to be done, this is my wishlist:

1. Additional campaigns, possibly even a story where we play as Ellie, instead(but I know this is very unlikely).

2. "Episodes" that will further explain each character's background

That's all I need as downloadable content. I know the game will most likely be lengthy, but it would be even better if they gave you even more campaigns to play. Just like what Rockstar does with their games.

Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 2 of 11 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5545 posts

Dec 21, 2012
For single player, maybe a small campaign where you play as a different survivor would be nice. If it ties in with the main campaign, even better.

For multiplayer, I'd prefer that no game-impacting DLC came out. Things like maps split the player pool, and that's never good. So just things like new skins and co-op campaigns would be good.
Message 3 of 11 (236 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I'm happy to buy any kind of subscription they release for DLC but I don't want any major exclusives. As already mentioned by calcunnon it'll just decrease the player pool and who knows wat kind of matchmaking issues could arise. Maps are a definite yes though. I love getting new maps for games (so long as they're decent games) that are far more unique than the original ones. Something like a wave of infected running through interupting the fight causing everyone to descend into panic, **bleep** away some rounds maybe putting the odds into one of the teams favour, only temporarily though. Character customisation, IMO is a must. But no micro-transactions for every existing item in the game regardless of how little time it takes for you to unlock. That just stirs up a bad reputatuion for ND, like Uncharted 3's MP did

Message 4 of 11 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Firstly, If the game has multiplayer, we can expect the usual map packs, and maybe some skins or guns.

But, to make the game truly special, DLC needs to have single player content.

Maybe you can play certain missions from Ellie's perspective, or maybe Joel's days as a bandit, or as the Military, holding off groups of infected, or  adding new weapons to playable levels.

Message 5 of 11 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Dec 21, 2012

If there are any (which I hope there are not) I hope they aren't paid. I would already have spent 60 euros on the actual game, I don't want to spend more on everything just like in UC3.

UC3 FraggedNation Clan: >JV<
Message 6 of 11 (210 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Want's:

Maps
Skins
Clothing
game modes(co-op)

Do not want's

Story DLC
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 7 of 11 (180 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Dec 22, 2012

iceyfire54312 wrote:
Want's:

Maps
Skins
Clothing
game modes(co-op)

Do not want's

Story DLC

I am not sure why wouldn't you want story DLC. That's probably the most satisfying kind of DLC. Maps and skins are just the kinds they use to further drain your bank account. Meaning, they make the least effort on those kinds of DLCs. But, oh, well. Whatever floats your boat. Smiley Tongue

Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 8 of 11 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Nothing i don't want to have to get DLC just put everything in the game

Bioshock infinite, Last of us, tomb raider, GTA5,Watch Dogs,Dead space 3...2013= the year of no girlfriends
Message 9 of 11 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5545 posts

Dec 22, 2012

WastedLite wrote:

Nothing i don't want to have to get DLC just put everything in the game

You could find a SNES on eBay I suppose.

Message 10 of 11 (136 Views)