Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 16 2013
By: NoRoomForTheSane First Son 15 posts

What if Sarah had survived?

16 replies 737 views Edited Aug 16, 2013

After playing the game, I couldn't help but speculate on how different things might have been if Sarah had survived instead of Joel. What do you guys think? Based off what we caught of her personality in the beginning of the game, where do you think she would be when we skipped 20 years ahead? Not saying that should make a DLC for it or anything, although that would be awesome to play, it would be too big. Just thought it would make for some interesting speculation.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (737 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2461 posts

Re: What if Sarah had survived?

Aug 16, 2013

I think that Joel would have been similar to he his now. Instead of growing cold towards humanity because of losing his daughter, he would have grown cold with the urge to protect his still alive daughter. We know he had it in him, from the beginning of the game, when he chose to abandon the family on the side of the road. Joel seemed to me, to be that kind of person. In fact I'd venture to say he may even be more ruthless if Sarah was still alive.

As for Sarah, she was a daddy's girl. She accepted Joel's story as to why he killed Jimmy. I think she would have listened to Joel and stuck by his side and adapted to the new world as Joel would have to. They would have been a very interesting duo if she had survived. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (700 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Aug 16, 2013

I agree that he would have grown harder to protect his daughter, and would have been close to as ruthless as he is currently, but I dont know about cold. I think Sarah would have kept him from turning as cold as he is. What I mostly mean was if Sarah had survived instead of him, like Joel had died in the beginning and she had survived with Tommy. He would have raised her for a while, but after the jump forward she would have been in her early 20's, and old enough to be on her own.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Aug 16, 2013
just off topic ...

hard to say what would be happen.
much harder is to think what would u do in this situation.

is Joel really cold ? I don't think so ..
the fact that he after 20 years struggle with it means for me that he didn't found the inner peace.
I believe he tried to end his life via suicide but he didn't.

so if Sarah didn't killed, would be Joel a strong survivor?
hard to say - in my thoughts, everyone can be only this hard line and focus if something changed your life...
"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (681 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Aug 16, 2013

She would be dead. She can't survive in a world like that, as we saw in the opening of the game. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11053 posts

Aug 17, 2013

He wouldn't be as ignorant, he'd be open-minded. I don't think he'd meet Ellie, maybe he'd live with Sarah somewhere? Who knows. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2591 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 17, 2013

Instead of a million fanfics on the internet with a bizarre underlying sexual tension between Joel and Ellie we would have a million fanfics on the internet where Sarah does the **bleep** deed with Ellie

Ellie: "Sarah there is no need to worry so much I am not him"

Sarah: "Oh, I know that very well. You sure as hell ain't my father. Now get on the back of this hores with me until our warm warm bodies are brushing together and we'll huddle up by the fireside at night to keep warmer"

Ellie: "What a way to make a confession of love"

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Aug 17, 2013
^ Just Why?

Lol :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1734 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Joel definitely would have been an entirely different character. The game centered around Joel's fall from grace after his daughter died, and then him coming back around as his relationship with Ellie grew. He still would have been a tough survivor, but not the robot he became after Sarah died.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13268 posts

Aug 17, 2013

NoRoomForTheSane wrote:

After playing the game, I couldn't help but speculate on how different things might have been if Sarah had survived instead of Joel. What do you guys think? Based off what we caught of her personality in the beginning of the game, where do you think she would be when we skipped 20 years ahead? Not saying that should make a DLC for it or anything, although that would be awesome to play, it would be too big. Just thought it would make for some interesting speculation.

If Sarah was the main character instead of Joel, then the game would be like it was when playing as Ellie in the Winter imo..far as what Sarah would be like 20 years later? Just like Joel.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (577 Views)
0 Likes