May 27 2013
By: Matthijs_17 Fender Bender 2837 posts

What to expect at E3! :)

62 replies 662 views Edited May 27, 2013

Ok, first of all, this is more playstation related than the last of us related, but I love you guys so that's why I want to discuss this with you, and not with the people who do not excist in the off-topic sections, so, deal with it :smileyhappy:

Personally I love hyping up E3 and throwing predictions around, I just searched for all Sony studio's, there appear to be 13, one of those doesn't make games, but is a quality assurence studio (Foster City Studio), so what have they in store for us at E3, Sony confirmed that all 12 studio's are working on ps4 games (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/every-sony-owned-studio-is-working-on-ps4-games), so what are they working on! :smileysurprised:

1) Bend Studio

a vita developer, last game they made was the card game Uncharted fight for fortune in 2012, but considering that game probably did not take much work to make, we can asume that since they released Uncharted Golden Abyss for the vita in 2011 they are working on an other game, however, I don't think this studio is capable of releasing a full ps4 game, perhaps a downloadable title, I saw on wikipedia that they might be working on resistance 4, but somewhere else I read that that was incorrect, so I have no idea what this studio is up to and to be honest I don't really care either :smileyindifferent:

2) Cambridge Studio

also a vita developer, currently working on Killzone: Mercenary for the vita, so it's weird that this studio also works on a ps4 game, I guess it's also a downloadable one...

3) Evolution Studios

we already know they are working on the ps4 game called Driveclub, a teambased realistic racing game, looks interesting so far for me :smileyhappy:

4) Guerrilla Games

sadly they are into first person shooters, which is not my favorite genre at all, but they are Dutch, and I am Dutch, and Killzone games are pretty good so I'm proud we Dutch people have our own Sony studio, anyway, as you probably all know they are working on the stunning looking Killzone Shadow Fall, coming to ps4, also there are rumors they are working on a second ps4 game, I have no idea what that is though :smileywink:

5) Japan Studio

working on Knack, a platformer, many people joke about it, but I think it looks kinda cool, I'm buying it, haven't seen a good platformer since Ratchet and Clank: a Crack in Time, anyway, according to wikipedia, SCE Japan is also working with Team Ico on The Last Guardian, which was announced a long time ago for the ps3, but never got a release date, I thought that game was awesome and I hope it makes it to the ps4, but I doubt it somehow :smileysad:

6) London Studio

mainstream guys, from eyetoy to singstar to the ps move, they make such stuff, supposedly they are making an action game for the ps move, could be a ps4 title, but don't expect anything big, their last game was Wonderbook in 2012, which I doubt anyone of us is interested in, but like I said, they are the mainstream guys, and mainstream people deserve games too :smileytongue:

7) Media Molecule

media molecule is working on a vita game called tearaway, but they are apparantly also working on a ps4 game, those guys are awesome, they brought us the wonderful games LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2, so I expect another great innovative title for the ps4, and even if it's just LittleBigPlanet 3 I'm happy too :smileyhappy:

8) Naughty Dog

the one and only, the Uncharted 3 team is obviously cooking some ps4 stuff, and I really hope it is Uncharted 4, but whatever  they make, it will be awesome, as usual :smileyvery-happy:

9) Polyphony Digital Inc.

as far as I know they never made anything not Gran Turismo, and a few days ago they announced Gran Turismo 6 for ps3, it all sounded a little weird, but they are supposedly bringing it to ps4 also, well they have to, else Sony was incorrect about saying all 12 studio's are working on ps4 games :smileywink:

10) San Diego Studio

makes sports games MLB: The Show and Sports Champions, I looked up their previous games, and it is kinda interesting because they make games in between these full sports titles, currently they are working on some action rpg called Warrior's Liar for ps3 and vita, but my bet is that they are working on MLB 14: The Show for ps4, maybe some move sports title instead, but I don't think so...

11) Santa Monica Studio

now this one is interesting, God of War was never my cup of tea, but I can't deny that this studio is incredibly talented, and I hope they are working on a new (less bloody and over the top) IP, their second team made God of War Ascension, the prequel to the God of War series if I'm not mistaken, and according to wikipedia they have helped with a lot of games for the last years since God of War 3 in 2010, for instance they helped SuperBot Entertainment make Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, so I am curious to what they are up to, also on wikipedia it says something like Hohokum, but that also appears to be helping an other studio out with a game, it is coming to ps4 and vita though, but I am sure they are working on something big, they have to :smileyfrustrated:

12) Sucker Punch Productions

one of my favorite studio's, InFamous is awesome, and they are working now on the for me highly anticipated InFamous: Second Son, looking forward to it!

So, what do you hope to see, what do you expect to see, what have I missed, comment! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 63 (662 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

May 27, 2013

I think we can expect to see a whole lot of nothing about The Last of Us at E3.:smileyvery-happy:

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 63 (657 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 27, 2013

Lol, nice points you got there, but this is The Last of Us threads. Im pretty sure there is a general chat section somewhere. But yeah, I expect mostly ps4 hardware/software.. HOPEFULLY SOME PS VITA STUFF. PLEASE SONY. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 63 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

edit: too dark

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 63 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

May 27, 2013
PS4 reveal. They just have to say the right things and they win this race.
"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 63 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 27, 2013

blackdelage wrote:
PS4 reveal. They just have to say the right things and they win this race.

They could say anything and still win. No one wants a VCR.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 63 (631 Views)
Fender Bender
2837 posts

May 27, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

I think we can expect to see a whole lot of nothing about The Last of Us at E3.:smileyvery-happy:

don't be so negative, InFamous 2 released right after E3, just like The Last of Us, so Sony showed a launch trailer for infamous 2 at their press conference, I expect them to do the same with The Last of Us, they will probably talk about how they still support the ps3 and blabla with The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls (which I expect to see something about too at E3) and Gran Turismo 6 (ps3 or ps4 gameplay, I don't know, I don't really get it...), and then after that they continue with the vita and ps4 :smileyhappy:

I was surprised btw that Quantic Dream is not a Sony Studio, as far as I know they only make games for playstation, and I heard they have a ps4 title in the works too, I'm dissapointed Insomniac left and joined EA, that means no more exclusives for the playstation from them, do you guys know any other studio's that are not really Sony studios, but still working on playstation exclusives?

that reminds me btw of Rockstar, many years ago they showed a logo for a game called agent, it was a playstation exclusive, but we haven't heard anything of it ever since, probably won't in the future also...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 63 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 27, 2013
There's a rumor e3 might reveal resident evil 7. I doubt they have another coming up soon. Playing re6 < Watching paint dry
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 63 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2837 posts

May 27, 2013

burriizy wrote:
There's a rumor e3 might reveal resident evil 7. I doubt they have another coming up soon. Playing re6 < Watching paint dry

I heard it was not so good, but I'm not really into horror games myself, I was only talking exclusives in the first post, other games I really want to see:

- Prince of Persia (unlikely, ubisoft focuses to much on assassin's creed)

- a sequel to Ratchet and Clank Future: a Crack in Time (very unlikely)

- Mirror's Edge 2 (most likely, rumors about it all over the place)

- Rayman Hoodlum Havoc 2 (very, very, very unlikely, it's a ps2 game)

- a good Tony Hawk game for once (even more unlikely than previous one)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 63 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 27, 2013
^I would love a new prince of Persia. Ubisoft should try & come back to it. Assassin's creed is getting a little dull to me.
& re6 was the bad imo. Too many qte's, was more action oriented, & completely abandoned the horror elements.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 63 (589 Views)
0 Likes