Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
14267 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

May 27, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

i'm gonna go a little off topic here probably.. Because E3 has me really hyped for a number of things. Not all Sony.

 

If Nintendo show off a new Mario Kart I'm going to feel like a moron for trading my Wii-U.

 

We may be missing one on the Sony front. Quantic Dream will certainly be there, They have Beyond coming out later this year and they are also working on a PS4 title

 

Couldn't give two craps what Microsoft do.. They lost me already. Even if they have awesome games coming... There is just too much wrong with the feature set, what the console does and so on to even justify it as a free gift. If someone bought me that I'd go and sell it immediately. Wouldn't even want it for the grand price of FREE.

 

Sony probably do need to throw out some awesome stuff though. People who don't care for the crap Microsoft are doing will still blindly choose it if it's just about games and there is no way Microsoft don't have some good stuff coming. The war is probably over, but the battle for winning over minorities isn't over, why stop at the majority. Go for the fullest market share possible.

 

Despite not being a Wii-U owner anymore, I want to see Nintendo succeed, I want to see new Zelda titles which will shift the console, new Mario Kart will shift it also, and also some interesting new IPs would probably help. Mario isn't cutting it anymore as a basic 2D platformer, we moved on years ago. They need something to attract masses.

 

I want to see Sony succeed also.. We need the two main Sony titles of the PS3 era to be heavily showcased at E3, The Last of Us and Beyond, we need some new PS4 games to be pushed, they unfortunately should shove Infamous down our throats, not my cup of tea but others like it so.. Whatever, same goes for Killzone, but that actually does look good even though I'm not a fan I'd buy it simply to see the advances in hardware, seems that would be the right game to buy to see how far we've come.

 

We need Uncharted 4 announced at E3., ND need to fix the Uncharted series after Uncharted 3 and we'd all welcome it back I assume, I'm overly critical at times. even though it was a mess of a video game, one mistake in a catalogue of great titles is to be expected, nothing is ever perfect.

 

Finally Sony need some new IPs that push boundaries, I'm buying Knack.. But It's certainly not going to push any graphical advances. We need more games that show off capabilities.

 

As much as I want Driveclub and it being the main game I'm looking forward to.. I don't expect them to push it at all. We need more stuff that sells consoles. So far I haven't seen one game on the PS4 that looks like it will shift consoles to the masses. But when your alternative is the XBOX One.. Maybe you don't even need a console selling game when the alternative is self destructing itself.


personally, I love infamous, I love the story, the gameplay, the open world, the characters, anyway, I agree that it's not everyone's cup of tea, and Sony need that one very awesome game everyone likes on the ps4 as fast as possible, and I think Uncharted 4 has to be that game.

 

but considering Naughty Dog is split into 2 teams and the second team isn't their best, and they have to work on new hardware, a launch title is impossible, than we will have a rushed game, but it must be out a year later for sure without a doubt, Naughty Dog did say they were prepared for the ps4, because they didn't want such a bad launch like with the ps3 where they had a real struggle with the new hardware in the beginning, so I think that they are prepared, and that 3 years should be enough to deliver a great game again!

 

and about Quantic Dream, they do only make playstation titles, but they aren't one of Sony's studios, which surprised me, I am wondering to what this ps4 game can be they are working on, I don't suspect another heavily focused on story game, becasue they need to hire great actors again and I think it will be a little bit on the expensive side for Sony, my best guess is that they are going for a Ratchet and Clank kinda game, a game that is more 'gamey' than their other titles, and tries to deliver a beautiful story without using real humans, but just voice actors again, this way they still do what they do best, but they don't need those expensive actors, but like I said, it's just a guess Smiley Happy

 

are there any other developers/publishers who make exclusives for playstation? I know there is final fantasy game coming, they announced that at the playstation meeting, I have no idea if it's exclusive thouh, and it's also not really my cup of tea, but many people do enjoy it, so it would be great, I don't know who else can be making exclusives for ps4, do you have any ideas?

 

I have a Wii, but I only play Zelda on it, haven't bhought skyward sword yet, even though I really enjoy Zelda games, I hope for the Wii U that a Zelda game is coming, but I won't buy the system anytime soon just for that Smiley Wink


I can answer the Quantic Dream thing.

 

The next title on PS4 is exploring what they can do with multiplayer (apparently) according to some things floating around onilne.

 

I honestly expect something with online story driven.. Don't know how it will be done but that's what I'd expect from them. Can't imagine them with a straight up killfest style game.



Message 51 of 63 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3587 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

May 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:
I can answer the Quantic Dream thing.

The next title on PS4 is exploring what they can do with multiplayer (apparently) according to some things floating around onilne.

I honestly expect something with online story driven.. Don't know how it will be done but that's what I'd expect from them. Can't imagine them with a straight up killfest style game.


interesting, it will indeed not be a killfest style game, but I don't really see a story working in multiplayer form, but QD is a quality studio so we will see what they're up to Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 63 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
14267 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

May 27, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I can answer the Quantic Dream thing.

The next title on PS4 is exploring what they can do with multiplayer (apparently) according to some things floating around onilne.

I honestly expect something with online story driven.. Don't know how it will be done but that's what I'd expect from them. Can't imagine them with a straight up killfest style game.


interesting, it will indeed not be a killfest style game, but I don't really see a story working in multiplayer form, but QD is a quality studio so we will see what they're up to Smiley Happy


Watch Dogs is apparently attempting it from what I understood Smiley Happy

 

Brink also tries it but doesn't do a very good job.

 

But Bethesda don't do a good job with anything. so yeah Smiley Happy



Message 53 of 63 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3587 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

May 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I can answer the Quantic Dream thing.

The next title on PS4 is exploring what they can do with multiplayer (apparently) according to some things floating around onilne.

I honestly expect something with online story driven.. Don't know how it will be done but that's what I'd expect from them. Can't imagine them with a straight up killfest style game.


interesting, it will indeed not be a killfest style game, but I don't really see a story working in multiplayer form, but QD is a quality studio so we will see what they're up to Smiley Happy


Watch Dogs is apparently attempting it from what I understood Smiley Happy

 

Brink also tries it but doesn't do a very good job.

 

But Bethesda don't do a good job with anything. so yeah Smiley Happy


I don't have any bethesda games, so I don't know Smiley Wink

 

Watch Dogs multiplayer is indeed also more story related, it could be interesting, as far as I understand how it works is that you play in this open world with let's say 5 people, that sounds fair, and you all have missions but they contradict the missions from opponents, and then the player who completes all his/her missions first wins or something, compare it to a game of RISK (a board game where you have to capture certain countries but other players might have to capture those countries too, first to gets his mission wins), but I'm just speculating here Smiley Happy

Message 54 of 63 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/14/2009
Offline
113 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

inFamous is my most anticipated PS4 game as well as KZ: Shadow Fall. I would love to see Uncharted 4 as well.
Maybe a tease of what we could see in TLOU 2? (That last wish is far fetched, still would be nice.)

Message 55 of 63 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/29/2008
Offline
7103 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

Jun 1, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

I think we can expect to see a whole lot of nothing about The Last of Us at E3.Smiley Very Happy


I expect a multiplayer reveal.

 

Who am I kidding, when that comes out we'd have been playing it for months anyways.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 56 of 63 (85 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

Jun 1, 2013

I'm expecting new footage of Metal gear solid V/ ground zero

 

Also Hoping for a big surprise at E3. Like return of an old franchise or a brand new IP that just blows us away

Message 57 of 63 (66 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3587 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

Jun 1, 2013

an-inFamous1337 wrote:

inFamous is my most anticipated PS4 game as well as KZ: Shadow Fall. I would love to see Uncharted 4 as well.
Maybe a tease of what we could see in TLOU 2? (That last wish is far fetched, still would be nice.)


you will never see any kind of hint to a sequel when the original is not even out yet, so TLOU 2 is impossible, and also I hope they will not make a sequel at all, one game is enough for that game if you ask me...

Message 58 of 63 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

Jun 1, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

an-inFamous1337 wrote:

inFamous is my most anticipated PS4 game as well as KZ: Shadow Fall. I would love to see Uncharted 4 as well.
Maybe a tease of what we could see in TLOU 2? (That last wish is far fetched, still would be nice.)


you will never see any kind of hint to a sequel when the original is not even out yet, so TLOU 2 is impossible, and also I hope they will not make a sequel at all, one game is enough for that game if you ask me...


I agree with this too. no need for a last of us 2. Doesn't seem like it needs it. Uncharted 4 on the other hand would be welcome although I'd like a brand new IP

Message 59 of 63 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3587 posts
 

Re: What to expect at E3! :)

Jun 1, 2013

super-james12345 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

an-inFamous1337 wrote:

inFamous is my most anticipated PS4 game as well as KZ: Shadow Fall. I would love to see Uncharted 4 as well.
Maybe a tease of what we could see in TLOU 2? (That last wish is far fetched, still would be nice.)


you will never see any kind of hint to a sequel when the original is not even out yet, so TLOU 2 is impossible, and also I hope they will not make a sequel at all, one game is enough for that game if you ask me...


I agree with this too. no need for a last of us 2. Doesn't seem like it needs it. Uncharted 4 on the other hand would be welcome although I'd like a brand new IP


Well, Naughty Dog has 2 teams after all, so let's one team continue Uncharted and the other one go work on a new IP Smiley Wink

Message 60 of 63 (49 Views)
Reply
0 Likes