Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 11 2013
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1362 posts

What would you change about the game?

[ Edited ]
36 replies 617 views Edited Jul 11, 2013

There is no denying that this game in many ways is almost perfect. It's currently my Game of the Year, and it's one of the best games I've played in a long time. That said, what do you think could have been done to make the game better? Is it already perfect in your eyes? If it's not, then what would you have done differently? 

This is what I would have done:

-I would've liked to see more creepy moments like the ones in the Hotel Basement and the Sewers with the Stalkers. Those were by far the creepiest moments of the game. It was very eerie, and I actually felt relieved when I made it out of those areas. 

-I wish the soundtrack was used a little more. The soundtrack is incredible, and it deserves to be heard by everyone. You hear the same song throughout the entire game, with maybe a few different ones playing in the background at different points. There were so many moments that would've been epic if it had music playing along with it. The only song I can remember hearing is the main theme. Go listen to the full soundtrack. You can't tell me that those songs wouldn't have made the game more epic. 

To be completely honest, that's the only two things that i think could have made the game a better experience. What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 37 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: What would you change about the game?

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

I like the game the way it is.. Other than the collectibles counting bug. but if there is to change.

Joel wa the one who dies, and it is Tess that travels cross-country with Ellie. I was just wondering what could have happened if that was the case. Probably it will be just as good as joel-ellie tandem lol.

+============================================================+
Message 2 of 37 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Only thing I'd change is more Joel + Ellie moments. The only time they had where they were comfortable together was a few minutes near the end of the game. I'd add small things like: 

1. Joel + Ellie making a camp at night. I felt this would've made me more attached to the characters. Just Joel and Ellie sitting beside a camp fire, talking about  whatever. I saw a picture of this in the art book and immediately thought it should've be in the game.

2. More fun side things. I know there were already many side things (playing darts, the joke book, etc), but  it would've been awesome if at one point Joel found a football and maybe decided to throw it to Ellie or even Joel finding a guitar and starting to play it (like in Bioshock Infinite)...things like that. 

3. Allowing us to enter code. Y'know when we bumped into a safe or a lock that needed a code to be opened? And when you got the code and went over to the safe/lock it would open by itself? I  thought it would've been pretty sweet if we could enter the code/combo ourselves. Just a small detail that would make it a little better :smileytongue:

4. Being able to read the comics/joke books in Ellie's bag. I want to read them sooo bad. 

The game IS nearly perfect the way it is, but I feel the things I said would just be the cherry on top. Not important at all, just sweet extras. 

Message 3 of 37 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Jul 11, 2013

David gets his way with Ellie, Joel dies alone in the abandoned resort, and the credits roll.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 4 of 37 (552 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1803 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

David gets his way with Ellie, Joel dies alone in the abandoned resort, and the credits roll.

Crying-meme.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 5 of 37 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Nothing. I would change absolutely nothing.
Message 6 of 37 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Jul 11, 2013

GOODKyle wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Crying-meme.png

Don't worry, Ellie is in the good hands of David. He loves her just as any father would love his daughter................'s mother.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 7 of 37 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 11, 2013

I would put Crouch sprint in the game, Lesser ammo, Smarter AI.

At some parts of the game i felt like an idiot crouching so slowly when my friends are running crouchly very fast..

and that when i knew there was crouch sprinting but they removed it ugh... they removed so many awesome stuff i loved.. **bleep** you naughtydog :'(

And much less guns... I felt like **bleep** rambo in this game...

I wish there was a part in the game where you had to fight withouth a backpack.

And Winter should have been longer.

And weapons should have been more realisticly...

he should hold them into he's second hand or put it inside his back (half of it)

And there should have been some more animal parts, and some darker moments with the AI.

And combat should have been more struggling and more choking, sometimes when you hit your enemies it feels so retarted.. it's awesome when he uses the envirement.. but sometimes he just hits so dumb..

And there should be Co-Op... They made Ellie playable and joel playable.. they could have easely done this for atleast some parts of the game.....

Message 8 of 37 (520 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 11, 2013
make a mode called "The Room" standard hotel room size Fill it with Stationary clickers. Pull a port-a-potty in the middle of the room Have one exit leading outside. fill the room full of mist or spores. give the player only 1 bullet and a 9mm the game is either stay in the portable potty n die while listening to the horde of clickers click outside. or attempt to sneak out of the portable potty and sneak out of the room.
Message 9 of 37 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

1.rob bodies animation with a gui pop up showing the contents of the body, ie a couple ammo shells if the guy had a gun, and ammo corresponds with weapons, tins of peaches, shiv/bomb parts  etc, this runs concurrently with game in real time same as crafting.

2.the need to eat, drink and sleep, so an rpg light, element to the game.

3.more conversation to help plug the plotholes about the characters, ellie could have spoken more about Marlene for instance, and help make joels decision to murder her more weighty when it occurred. these event could be specifically available at a makeshift camp.

4.more weapon types, home made weapons, like zip guns etc, the ability to set traps

5. vulnerable companions, an ability to make them stay put, or follow etc

6. a non lethal take down for humans

effyou
Message 10 of 37 (462 Views)
0 Likes