Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: What would you change about the game?

Jul 11, 2013
Exactly. Does no one understand Joel just murderd the last link to Elli's family? I don't think she's going to be very happy about that when she finds out. If you replay the moment she leaves. She double takes and looks at Marlene a lot before she leaves.
Message 31 of 37 (143 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 12, 2013

For starters, I would've liked smarter AI. It was no-where as good as Naughty Dog made it out to be in their E3 demos. Christs sake I could kill tons of guys, one enemy would find out then just give up after about 2minutes. MGS had the exact same problem and it really breaks the immersion of the game. You'd think the AI would recognise their friends disappearing but, no dice.

The melee needed more work. You just tap square and Joel just starts attacking. You have no control over what he does. Sometimes he smashes a guys face into a wall, other times he just punches people to death. If they incorporated the R3 stick into melee combat it would've been much better imo.

Why are there no sections when you fight both infected and humans? That would've been amazing. Imagine luring infected to attack enemy humans. Sadly the sections are broke into fighting either infected or humans. ND really cut corners here.

The levels were beautiful but, there was really only 1 way to go. ND should've opened the maps up more.

Message 32 of 37 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013
  1. ^This is why they need to add infected into the MP, because this classic scenario is sorely absent from the SP campaign. If they can adjust the AI to be reactive to others (except friendlies as option) then they could introduce them into the MP as "environmental hazzards"... and hopefully design some more SP content with the enhanced AI to feature such scenarios as you(and team)vs. hunters/militia/fireflies vs. infected (in all varieties). That would be how you fulfill TLOU's potential right there!
  2. Sorry but I get so excited thinking about it... you could throw bottles by human enemies to lure infected towards them. You could hide and let human enemies unload their ammo on killing the infected for you and then take them out easier... you could wreak havok with shrapnel mines and smoke bombs... oh the fertile soil of possibilities awaits the ND farmers to till. 
Message 33 of 37 (129 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 12, 2013

@jocks+jazz-

I agree with everything you said. Kudos to you mate

Message 34 of 37 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jul 12, 2013

I would have liked the game to be longer.

To be honest I would have liked a choice of decisions by Joel.  I know it would have made the ending less powerful, but I would have prefered a choice.

Other than that, epic game.

Message 35 of 37 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1645 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

I'd change the game length, and make it about a 50-60 hour game Smiley Tongue

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 36 of 37 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

There's few things I would change which is rare, but I think that if you down someone with a headshot they should be executed instead of downed normally.

More weapons would be nice but I like the easier balance that seems to come with fewer weapons. Everything is pretty even right now I think.

Also a headshot only mode would be pretty cool, or just an option for it in private matches.

Photobucket
Message 37 of 37 (86 Views)
0 Likes