First Son
1 posts

Re: Where does The Last of Us rank for this generation?

Jun 25, 2013
By far the last of all is my favorite game I hope u guys make a second one like after they got to Tommy's or like ten years down the road when Ellie like 24 or so
Message 71 of 110 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Jun 25, 2013
This ranks on up there with Mass Effect for me. I'm reluctant to demand a direct sequel because Mass Effect 2 & 3 just didn't live up to the original and this was a PLANNED trilogy. They intended this arc to be a one time thing so it's hard for writers to build off of it. They left holes in the journey so there's room for what they did between chapters. This is one of those games I'll be reminiscing about for a long time.
Message 72 of 110 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2121 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Sadly, until they fix the glitches, I can't play the game. Smiley Indifferent

Message 73 of 110 (502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 26, 2013

1- Uncharted 2: Among thieves

2- The Last of us

3 - Batman: Arkham City

4 - Bioshock Infinite

5 - Dead Space

Honourable Mentions - Infamous 2, Uncharted 3, Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish[Yes, that was an awesome game] and Tomb Raider.

Message 74 of 110 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jun 26, 2013

For this generation I think LOU is definitely #1 on my list.  Heck its #1 on my list of all time favorite games. 

Message 75 of 110 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

For this generation, my top five would probably look something like:

1.  The Walking Dead (Telltale) - Very simple point and click type adventure game, but it had the greatest impact on me out of any game in recent or even long term memory.

2.  Assassins Creed 2 - An overall great experience for me.  The base game combined with the Truth sequences was awesome.  The series has gone downhill since then, in my opinion.

3.  The Last of Us - Some of the best voice acting I have heard.  Awesome environments and a great story.  Quality multiplayer as well.  Just an all around amazing game.

4.  Heavy Rain - People dislike this game for it's plotholes and QTE fest gameplay, not to mention the relatively uneven quality of the voice acting (some characters being voiced by foreign actors wasn't a very great idea, lol).  For me, I really enjoyed this game and I wish there were more games like this and The Walking Dead.  Games that focus more on drama than action.

5.  Batman Arkham Asylum - I think I am the only person that prefers this over Arkham City, lol.  For me, this was a much tighter experience.  The game just flowed really well for me.  Just a very high quality experience.  Arkham City didn't interest me nearly as much.

And thats basically it.  There have been some other great games that came out, though.  Many of which you guys already mentioned (Bioshock games, MGS, Uncharted, Journey, etc).  So I guess not everything this generation has been a mindless shooter, lol.  RPGs, though...what the hell has happened to that genre?  And I guess nowadays I need to specify...by RPG I mean JRPG. 

Message 76 of 110 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jun 26, 2013

The Last of Us

Dragon Age: Origins

Batman: Arkham City

Message 77 of 110 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Jun 26, 2013

1. The Last of Us 

2. Demon's Souls  

3. infamous 1  

4. MGS4 

5. Uncharted 2

6. Gears of War 1

7. Uncharted 

8. infamous 2  

9. Mafia 2 

10. COD4   

That's my top 10 for now. The Last of Us easily takes the cake. I still haven't played the Bioshock's, Red Dead Redemption, or Vanquish but I own them all. From the little bit of Red Dead Redemption I played, it put me to sleep.

Message 78 of 110 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 26, 2013

dannywilde1234 wrote:

1- Uncharted 2: Among thieves

2- The Last of us

3 - Batman: Arkham City

4 - Bioshock Infinite

5 - Dead Space

Honourable Mentions - Infamous 2, Uncharted 3, Red Dead Redemption, Vanquish[Yes, that was an awesome game] and Tomb Raider.

I'm surprised at how many people loved Vanquish. Is it really that awesome? lol.

Message 79 of 110 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Jun 26, 2013

1.  Fallout 3

2.  Mass Effect

3.  Last of Us

4.  Dead Space

5.  Dark Souls

Message 80 of 110 (418 Views)
0 Likes