Jun 24 2013
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1363 posts

Where does The Last of Us rank for this generation?

106 replies 1813 views Edited Jun 24, 2013
We've seen a lot of amazing games come and go this generation, but where exactly does the The Last of Us rank? Is it the best game of this generation? I think it definitely deserves some thought. Some of the technical issues broke the immersion at times, but the game is so masterfully made that you look over those things. The story and characters are amazing, and the world is absolutely beautiful. Naughty Dog has proved to me that they are, without a shadow of a doubt, one of THE best developers in the entire industry. ND and Rockstar Games are the best at what they do in my opinion, and that is make excellent games, that are beautiful crafted from top-to-bottom.

Personally, The Last of Us is definitely in my top three. If I HAD to rank my top five, they would go accordingly.

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. The Last of Us
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
5. Fallout 3

What do you guys think? Is it the best game of this generation? Where would you rank it?
Message 1 of 107 (1,813 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Re: Where does The Last of Us rank for this generation?

Jun 24, 2013
yeah get crap of duty out out there...
uncharted 2
The last of us
metal gear solid four
Message 2 of 107 (1,792 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I honestly dont think i could do individual games where every game in that games series was just as good. 

1: Uncharted Series

2: Last of Us
3: Bioshock Series

4: Metal Gear Solid Series

5: Borderlands 2(i could do that one mainly because it was such and improvement for the original that i cant even play the original anymore.)

Message 3 of 107 (1,785 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

1. The Last of Us
2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
4: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

5. God of War III

Message 4 of 107 (1,783 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 24, 2013

the last of us

uncharted 2

god of war 3

infamous

batman arkham city

Message 5 of 107 (1,775 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jun 24, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:
We've seen a lot of amazing games come and go this generation, but where exactly does the The Last of Us rank? Is it the best game of this generation? I think it definitely deserves some thought. Some of the technical issues broke the immersion at times, but the game is so masterfully made that you look over those things. The story and characters are amazing, and the world is absolutely beautiful. Naughty Dog has proved to me that they are, without a shadow of a doubt, one of THE best developers in the entire industry. ND and Rockstar Games are the best at what they do in my opinion, and that is make excellent games, that are beautiful crafted from top-to-bottom.

Personally, The Last of Us is definitely in my top three. If I HAD to rank my top five, they would go accordingly.

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. The Last of Us
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
5. Fallout 3

What do you guys think? Is it the best game of this generation? Where would you rank it?

^ This is actually a great list.

CoD4 belongs on a list, because that game pretty much saved (and blew up) the CoD franchise.

It wasn't exactly the CoD people know today, until that game came along. I loved it. And no CoD game has given me the same feeling that one did, before and after. (Story and MP)

I'd also say "Splinter Cell: Conviction" belongs somewhere on a list of games for this generation (as well as "Gears of War.")

For my top 5, I'd say:

1. Red Dead Redemption

2. The Last of Us

4. Deadly Premonition (Director's Cut or Normal, doesn't matter.)

5. Tomb Raider

Hard choice to make, but these 5 immediately came to mind, because of their great story telling and gameplay.

And keep in mind, "this generation" isn't even over yet.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 6 of 107 (1,757 Views)
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 24, 2013

The Last of Us

Fallout 3

Portal 2

Batman Arkham City

Uncharted 2

Message 7 of 107 (1,743 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 24, 2013
So... Im sitting here trying to make a small list of my favorite games this gen when I realized there were hardly any games that truly wowed... But I will try.

1. Arkham City
2. Far Cry 3
3. Max Payne 3
4. Skyrim
5. The Last of Us
Message 8 of 107 (1,724 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

Get RDR the **bleep** off that list or at least 1st place. It ain't got **bleep** on The Last of Us.

The Last of Us is easily the best game I've ever played.

Edit: I don't hate on RDR, I just don't think it's worthy of Top 5. Problem? Not mine.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 9 of 107 (1,712 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 24, 2013
**bleep** off sten.
The Last of Us is great but if its truly the best game you have ever played I dont know if I should pity you or admire your ignorance.
Message 10 of 107 (1,706 Views)