Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Where does The Last of Us rank for this generation?

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

J-Wrangler wrote:
**bleep** off sten.
The Last of Us is great but if its truly the best game you have ever played I dont know if I should pity you or admire your ignorance.

No you **bleep** off, you ignorant **bleep**.

You would  pity me for thinking that The Last of Us is the only game that has characters that you get emotionally invested in, throughout the story, a story that is so gripping and intense that I was literally on the edge of my seat, and amazing gameplay that was more intense than any action game? Then you are stupid.

The only game that kinda did the same thing is Telltale's TWD game, but they didn't pull it off quite as well, and the gameplay isn't remotely the same.
Because, gaming for me is not just about gameplay and shooting and that stuff. No I want a story, and characters and all the same thing you would see in a movie.

Ya know, in my first post, I was just stating my opinion, saying I would definitely take RDR off the list (albeit, I was being kind of radical about it) and saying TLoU is the best game I've ever played.

But then you go and tell me that I'm ignorant and you should pity me.

Well I say the exact same thing to you. If you're thinking of RDR as the best game ever, then keep in mind that that game had none of what I just described about TLoU.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 92 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Aha... Thanks for clarifying... I should pity your ignorance.
By the way... You said you stated your opinion... Well thats all fine and good except in yhe process you attacked another persons... You get what you give you manchild.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 92 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 24, 2013

J-Wrangler wrote:
Aha... Thanks for clarifying... I should pity your ignorance.
By the way... You said you stated your opinion... Well thats all fine and good except in yhe process you attacked another persons... You get what you give you manchild.

Please tell me why you should pity my ignorance? Because the way I see it, you are ignorant to the fact other people have other opinions than yourself, and gaming is also about story, emotions and characters.

Also I said "Get RDR the **bleep** off that list or at least 1st place. It ain't got **bleep** on The Last of Us." I didn't mean to say that my opinion > OP's opinion about RDR, but simply that I don't think the same about RDR. In any case, I didn't say "I pity or I admire your ignorance, because you think differently than me" which you did, and you certainly attacks my opinion WAY more than I did to the OP's.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 92 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Also... I didnt put RDR at my number one. But it does have interesting characters, great story, and intense gameplay.... You let your fanboyism blind you my son.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 92 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 24, 2013
You are ignorant when it comes to gaming if really believe that gameplay alone isnt what makes a game. A game having a great story is just a bonus... Some of the greatest games ever have little to no story at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 92 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

J-Wrangler wrote:
You are ignorant when it comes to gaming if really believe that gameplay alone isnt what makes a game. A game having a great story is just a bonus... Some of the greatest games ever have little to no story at all.

I don't think a game's story is a bonus, nor do I think it's everything. I think story and emotional drive weighs just as much as the gameplay. Gameplay isn't everything AT ALL.

Also

Please tell me, why you think I'm blinded by fanboyism, I'm clearly just stating that I think TLoU is my favourite game and how the **bleep** is that fanboyism, when I can give you CONCRETE reasons why I think so?

To be honest, you are coming off as the real fanboy here.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 92 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 24, 2013
You stated that RDR has none of what you say TLOU does have which is just false. Your concrete reasons can be easily debated. I like how you slowly alter what you say overtime... Its cute.
Oh, and please explain to me how Im coming off as a fanboy?
Dis is gonna be good.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 92 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Uncharted 2
The Last of Us
Far Cry 3
Batman Arkham (either one)
Littlebigplanet 2

Honourable mentions Infamous series, Resistance 1&3, Pure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RFFN Website
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 92 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 24, 2013

J-Wrangler wrote:
You stated that RDR has none of what you say TLOU does have which is just false. Your concrete reasons can be easily debated. I like how you slowly alter what you say overtime... Its cute.
Oh, and please explain to me how Im coming off as a fanboy?
Dis is gonna be good.

I stand by my opinions of everything I've said. Only thing is I came off a bit more rude than what I wanted to with my first post. What else did I alter? Lol

RDR didn't have characters that I think you get emotionally invested in, gripping story or same good gameplay.

You come off as a fanboy by saying this, lol:

"You are ignorant when it comes to gaming if really believe that gameplay alone isnt what makes a game. A game having a great story is just a bonus... Some of the greatest games ever have little to no story at all."

That mindset is literally what keeps the gaming industry from moving forward.

Also you are quite hypocritical when you say I attacked someone else's opinion, when you are doing the exact same thing.

I take it, you know David Cage, director of Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls?

He made a speech where he pretty much says the same things I've said.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 92 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 24, 2013
You want games to become movies... Thats sad. I love Indigo Prophecy and HeavyRain. They are great experinces.... But if those types of games become the prime example of game design the industry will truly be dead. When games forsake gameplay for characters and stories you can expect a crash not to long afterwards.
So in short... You are actually whats keepimg the industry from moving forward.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 92 (375 Views)
0 Likes