Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Where does The Last of Us rank for this generation?

Jun 24, 2013

J-Wrangler wrote:
You want games to become movies... Thats sad. I love Indigo Prophecy and HeavyRain. They are great experinces.... But if those types of games become the prime example of game design the industry will truly be dead. When games forsake gameplay for characters and stories you can expect a crash not to long afterwards.
So in short... You are actually whats keepimg the industry from moving forward.

You say that the story is just a bonus, gameplay is what matters, yet you love Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy? Funny thing is that David Cage made the story in those games centered. Without Heavy Rain's brilliant story what would the game be?

I don't want games to be movies either. I already said that I think that the story and emotional drive weighs as much as the gameplay. So that's 50/50. The Last of Us has some kickass gameplay that is very intense and fun. You might remember that I earlier on mentioned Telltale's TWD game. That is an example of a game with a BRILLIANT story, but the gameplay was pretty much just walking around and talking to people.

Thing is, The Last of Us had a better story and better gameplay.

Now one last thing: I state my opinion, you say you will pity me or admire my ignorance for having that opinion, even after I've argued for why I think what I think. That is just pure **bleep** **bleep**.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 21 of 110 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I love young gamers...
You really think TLOU was more than just a tps with stealth elements.
While I love Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain you will also notice I said that if games like that become the prime example of game design the industry will truly be dead.
I do pity your ignorance as its obvious you have very little knowledge of game design and history. What was your first console? PS2?
Message 22 of 110 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 24, 2013

J-Wrangler wrote:
I love young gamers...
You really think TLOU was more than just a tps with stealth elements.
While I love Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain you will also notice I said that if games like that become the prime example of game design the industry will truly be dead.
I do pity your ignorance as its obvious you have very little knowledge of game design and history. What was your first console? PS2?

Didn't you read that I said that story and emotional drive weighs just as much as the gameplay? So that's 50/50, they play an equal role.

I get what you're saying, but I don't agree with you, old man.

Also just stop thinking "Oh I'm older, so I'm better and my opinion is more right and more factual."

Truth is I'm being more mature than you are, even though you are probably a lot older. I'm 17.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 23 of 110 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013
The Last of Us
Uncharted Series
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
Red Dead Redemption

I still have not played
Tomb Raider
Batman Arkham City or
Grand Theft Auto 5

So my list can change
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 110 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Sure you are champ.
Your only three years younger than me... I would expect you to be a know a bit more about what makes a game. Pick up a NES (first console I played), SNES (first console I owned) and a genesis and learn what creative and innovative game design really is.
Message 25 of 110 (572 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 24, 2013

1, The Last Of Us

2, Batman: Arkham City

3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

4, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

5, Red Dead: Redemption/Batman: Arkham Asylum

So

1, Naughty Dog

2, Rocksteady

3, Rockstar Games

Message 26 of 110 (571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Well lets see I havnt played very many but my top five are ranked like this

The Last of Us

Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the patriots

Bioshock infinite

Dark Souls (which is saying alot cause I played it on PC after the bad port)

Uncharted 2 and New Vegas as tied in 5th

And I can see the call of duty position modern warfare 2 was the pinicle and it was a fantastic game, COD has just gone down hill and rehashed IMHO.

"I make apocalypses jokes like there's no tomorrow...Too soon."
Message 27 of 110 (568 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Joshuaalt wrote:
The Last of Us
Uncharted Series
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
Red Dead Redemption

I still have not played
Tomb Raider
Batman Arkham City or
Grand Theft Auto 5

So my list can change

You have to get Batman: Arkham City. Believe me you really need to.

Message 28 of 110 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

1. The Last Of Us + Bioshock Infinite. (Tie)

2. Fallout 3.

3. Mass Effect 1-3.

4. Uncharted 2.

5. Halo 3.

Message 29 of 110 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jun 24, 2013

J-Wrangler wrote:
Sure you are champ.
Your only three years younger than me... I would expect you to be a know a bit more about what makes a game. Pick up a NES (first console I played), SNES (first console I owned) and a genesis and learn what creative and innovative game design really is.

I would expect the same from you. I would expect you to know that gameplay isn't everything, but most of all I would expect you to be more mature and accept that people can have other opinions than yourself. And most of all I would expect you to understand. Understand why I think what I think, which you seem to have a problem wrapping your mind around.

You might be older than me, and I don't like saying this, but truth betold, I now literally feel beyond you, and I look down upon you now. I am better than you because of the fact that I can actually accept things that you have to struggle with apparently. I dunno, self esteem issues, maybe?

Anyway, man, I gotta go, but if you're still here when I come back, I would be happy to continue this discussion.

Message 30 of 110 (562 Views)
0 Likes