Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Re: Where does The Last of Us rank for this generation?

Jun 24, 2013

I believe it has the potential to be the top game this gen. All depends what they chose to do with the single player DLC (I wasnt 4 hours minimum).

At the minute I'd go:

1. Bioshock Series
  2. Uncharted series
  3. The Last Of Us
  4. Mass Effect series
  5. Red Dead Redemption

To be so high in that list this late on in an 8 year generation is a massive achievement by Naughty Dog.

Message 51 of 107 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 24, 2013
1. The Last of Us
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
4. inFAMOUS 2
5. Skyrim

Basically ranked on "the feels" I got during the game. The Last of Us had them throughout, Red Dead poured them all on at the end, Uncharted 2 just had an awesome story with the flashback and all, inFAMOUS 2's good ending took me by surprise, and Skyrim just because its fun to mess around and play the game.

Although I think GTAV will replace Skyrim before this year ends
Message 52 of 107 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013
I tried playing and loving Bioshock, and i know a lot of people say it' the best game series ever...but it is just like your old folks telling you that vegetables are good for you but when it gets to your pallete, it's bleccchhhh.

In no ranking order: anything touched by Bethesda, Kojima (i did not touch Rizing at all), Naughty Gods, Rocksteady, and Rockstar's RDR. They are all jam-packed in my must play #1 spot.
"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 53 of 107 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jun 24, 2013

My List:

1. The Last of Us

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

4. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

5. Assassin's Creed 2

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 54 of 107 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

1. Tales of Symphonia HD

2. DuckTales HD

3. Tales of Graces F 

4. Dark Souls

5. Demon's Souls

865,983,930. The Last of Us

Message 55 of 107 (430 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 24, 2013
The Last Of Us
Uncharted 3
Skyrim

and The Last Of Us is the best game. That's not opinion, that's a fact, and whoever disagrees is ignorant.
Message 56 of 107 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1246 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I am only about 7 hours into the SP and put in about 30 hours of the MP and have to rank the SP as the greatest PS3 SP game of all time.  It's just so well produced.  Definitely the greatest visuals in a PS3 game.  The atmosphere and environment, all the little details are AMAZING.  The music compliments the game perfectly.

The MP is super addicting, although it could use some more variety.  Hopefully future updates and DLC will live it up it bit.

Message 57 of 107 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 24, 2013
The ONLY thing I wish they would have done differently is use their soundtrack more. The soundtrack is BEAUTIFUL, but you barely hear it throughout the game, except the main theme will play sometimes throughout. I would have loved to see some of the music be used more, especially in intense situations.
Message 58 of 107 (393 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 24, 2013

It doesn't crack top five for me. It's up there, but not top five. The Mass Effect trilogy and Uncharted 2 and 3 all take top five. Breaking down 1-5 would take a while but TLoU doesn't beat out any of those. There's no southpaw controls, meaning that I am not allowed to enjoy the game as much as I did in Uncharted or Mass Effect. If I can't aim, how can it be as fun?

Message 59 of 107 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
755 posts

Jun 24, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:

I haven't beaten the game yet. In the winter portion so I'm sure it's wrapping up. But I have to say that this has been the greatest gaming experience I've ever had, and I'm an old timer. 38  years old and my first console was on Atari 2600.

Up to now... I would have said Demon's Souls was my favorite experience simply because I had put over 500 hours into it.   But man this game... it really is some thing special. Especially if you're a parent like myself, it hits home even more.    And my wife... while she doesn't play games like this, is always excited, in the evening after the kid has been but down to bed, to  watch me play.

Can't wait to play through it again.   Been doing the "hard" mode with no "Batman" vision. Smiley Happy

Top 5 for me this gen....(was very tough as this gen is my favorite for gaming)

1.  The Last of Us

2.  Demons Souls

3.  God of War 3

4.  Infamous 2

5.  Metal Gear Solid 4

Honorable mention to Vanquish.

lol only in professional sports and gaming can you be 38 and be considered old.  i tried to get the wife to watch...she couldn't get passed the opening scene with the girl in the house...to scary!!

I agree about playing this game and being a parent.  It is a shot to the solar plexus! esp if you have girls.

I am currently about 80% through and will be playing it again, and again, and most probably again.

My ranking ATM.

1. U2AT

2. TLOU

3. U3DD

4. RDR

5. UDF

Somewhere in there I guess I should put Bioshock and Bioshock 2.  Haven't played Infinite yet.

Revised!

1. Uncharted Series

2. TLOU

3. RDR

4. Bioshock series (I'm sure Infinite is amazing)

5. IDK Journey maybe

Just recently dloaded Vanquish (thanks PS+), looks like a fun game.

Message 60 of 107 (370 Views)
0 Likes