Jun 17 2013
By: Parmersan_BMP First Son 9 posts

Who Is Ish?

33 replies 2670 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

I'm currently on my second playthrough of this amazing game and once again I stumbled across the notes from Ish. Now who the heck is he? Do we ever get to see him throughout the game, or is he just a mysterious man that no one sees?

I had a theorie of where Ish is... Remember back at the beginning of the game the family we passed in the car? The ones screaming for help? Well that could of been Ish... here's why. The notes you get from Ish definitely imply that he's aged and has a kid with him and the family you passed there had a kid and it was 20 years prior to the notes you found about Ish. So that could of very well been Ish.

Do you guys have any idea who Ish might be? Maybe there will be ish DLC? haha

I'm getting both consoles. The PS4 for it's exclusives and awesomeness and the Xbox One for it's exclusives and awesomeness. :smileyhappy:

(The Last of Us = Game of the Year)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 34 (2,670 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Re: Who Is Ish?

Jun 17, 2013

Haven't finished it, but was hoping for an ISH cameo - lots of notes for him, and the letters indicate he made it out of the power works, right?

ISH DLC - we demand it - ok, not really

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 34 (2,664 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 17, 2013
I haven't gotten all the way the way through to know if there are more notes. BUT in the town right after the water works/sewers you find the note in the house. That's where I am at now. From the boat on the beach, multiple notes in the sewers (3 or 4) and the one in the house I assume he was just a guy trying to survive. Happened to invite more to come stay. They left the door open or unguarded and got attacked. Him and one woman made it out. Her kids weren't so lucky. Not sure if you got all the notes or not?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 34 (2,646 Views)
Splicer
40 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Maybe we'll find out in TLoU 2
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 34 (2,635 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
31573 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013
Spoiler
when you get to the underground area that is like a school for kids, you find more stuff about Ish. he was a soldier in the early years of the outbreak who guarded the kids and people in that underground shelter. it didnt work out so well.

disregard that, i forgot about some of the letters you get after that part of the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 34 (2,530 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1352 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I loved learning about Ish and where he has been and what all he went through. They did a great job with his story. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 34 (2,518 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I was just about to make a ""Where is Ish" thread. I thought every body I came across in the bunker could potentially be Ish, but nope I continued to stumble upon his notes in the neighborhood. I would not mind some DLC focusing on his story.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 34 (2,292 Views)
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Ish is to Last of Us as what Hunk was to Resident Evil

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 34 (2,255 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

the_original_se wrote:
Spoiler
when you get to the underground area that is like a school for kids, you find more stuff about Ish. he was a soldier in the early years of the outbreak who guarded the kids and people in that underground shelter. it didnt work out so well.

disregard that, i forgot about some of the letters you get after that part of the game.

I hope he made it out when it was attacked...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 34 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Yeah i thought Ish was the typical statistic of the fungi apocalypse that did not survive. I was pleasantly surprised to know that he's alive somewhere... I mean that's what i got from his last letter...i thought he died in that bunker but that last letter actually talked about him stopping sumone's wife from "trying to go back inside"

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 34 (2,241 Views)
0 Likes