May 14 2013
By: Player1x3 Lombax Warrior 185 posts

Who here doesn't care about Multiplayer AT ALL ???

59 replies 517 views Edited May 14, 2013

I really couldn't care less about MP in this game. It's obvious that SP will be the meat of the game and it's obvious that its where developers put most of their work and effort into. So why would you hype MP? It's kinda similar situation with GOW Ascension. Everyone knew SP was gonna take a hit because Santa Monica spent good portion of their development time promoting their MP. Now, some might think this was because MP was the 'new big thing' in GOW series, but so was Mp for Uncharted as well back in 2009. Yet, ND knew what their audience wanted from UC and they delivered. MP was just icing on cake, an 'extra' mode Same thing will happen here I hope.  In this case, it's even more obvious that MP will be more or less irrelevant because ND would have said something about it this far.

Basically what im trying to say is, the MP won't matter much to the overall quality of the game. It can be a completely broken unbalanced mess and i still wouldn't care if the SP was good. This doesn't mean that i'll completely ignore it tho. If it's good, all the more quality to the game, but it won't effect my overall score and impression with the game because it's obvious developers  focused on something different almost completely.

So, who's with me?

Message 1 of 60 (517 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Re: Who here doesn't care about Multiplayer AT ALL ???

May 14, 2013
Word. But I hope it's good. I don't want any negatives for the game. But I have hope that it WILL be good because naughty dog doesn't seem like a developer that wants to slap on multiplayer just to have it there and for dlc purposes. If they put multiplayer in this game then I'm sure they believe they can make it good. Like Uncharted.
Message 2 of 60 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9662 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

But seriously, A lot of people say this game doesn't need MP because it's a story centric game. To that, I say bull****. Most of us will spend the most time on the multiplayer after playing the single player multiple times. I don't go to multiplayer for a story or immersion. I go to multiplayer to have fun with friends and to **** **** up.

Edit: profanity

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 60 (505 Views)
Naughty Host
9662 posts

May 14, 2013

themarcshark223 wrote:
Word. But I hope it's good. I don't want any negatives for the game. But I have hope that it WILL be good because naughty dog doesn't seem like a developer that wants to slap on multiplayer just to have it there and for dlc purposes. If they put multiplayer in this game then I'm sure they believe they can make it good. Like Uncharted.

They didn't just slap the multiplayer last minute. For the longest of times, since early 2012, they have stated that the game will have multiplayer. It will be anything but tacked on.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 4 of 60 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

May 14, 2013

I don't think it's anyone's main interest. Everyone here is generally looking forward to the single player.  

Though, a good chunk of people are interested in how the MP could turn out to be as well. I sure am. I'm looking forward to putting hours into it and playing with my friends.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 5 of 60 (495 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

I care about MP

Just because a game is story centric doesn't mean it cannot have Mp whatsoever.

Like yems said, I came here to have fun with friends and **bleep** **** up. And I'm all outa friends.

That saying didn't turn out the way I wanted it to though.

Edit: profanity

Message 6 of 60 (491 Views)
First Son
7 posts

May 14, 2013

To be honest I prefer cooperative multiplayer games where you can play the main story with friends however I still love a good immersive single player campaign.  For me my household are all gamers, my partner is a gamer and she has similar gaming tastes to me, and my son pretty much has the same gaming tastes as me.  So consequently every time a huge game like Last of Us comes out, we all want it.  I hate being hammered by both my partner and my son when I have a new huge title like Last of Us, and want to enjoy it at my leisure without being rushed to finish it.  So in these cases I usually end up having to get more than one copy, which means I really hope the multiplayer in this is good and has some substance, because it will really extend the longevity of the game and justify me getting multiple copies in the same house :smileyhappy:  (and its always fun playing with friends and family and sharing the game experience).  

Message 7 of 60 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 15, 2013

I Care

I care.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 8 of 60 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

May 15, 2013
I'm usually a SP guy unless I'm playing COD but I'm excited for the multiplayer, hopefully it adds quality and works right with the tone of the game, with that said I'm not getting my hopes up to high.
Message 9 of 60 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

May 15, 2013
I agree. COD and BF3 are multiplayer games, This is a SP game. Maybe the MP will be fun idk, but the only thing im interesting in is the story and the characters!
Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Message 10 of 60 (438 Views)
0 Likes