Uncharted Territory
1568 posts

Re: Who here doesn't care about Multiplayer AT ALL ???

May 15, 2013

It's not that I don't care for MP, I do. But I am not the guy to base a game solely on it's multiplayer.

Take Battlefield 3 for example, great multiplayer, but people tend to forget how whack the single player was and call it Best Game Ever.

In the words of BrokenGamezHD,

"I WANT THEM BOTH TO BE GOOD".

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 11 of 60 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

May 15, 2013

I know, im just saying the MP is secondary to developers and should therefore be secondary to fans too. I personally would take a new human AI gameplay video over multiplayer reveal any day.

Message 12 of 60 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

May 15, 2013

Player1x3 wrote:

I know, im just saying the MP is secondary to developers and should therefore be secondary to fans too. I personally would take a new human AI gameplay video over multiplayer reveal any day.

Eh, not necessarily. To each his own really. You and I might be buying the game for the SP mainly but I'm sure there will be the fair amount of players who will buy just for the MP aspect and, I couldn't really care less.

Message 13 of 60 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Even if the SP is good.

What are you going to do once you finish it within 3 days?

Trade it? Make it Shelfware forever? Use it as a Coffee coaster?

It needs MP.

It's hardly going to be Heavy Rain with various outcomes and different narrative depending on how you play. Even more so it needs a good MP.

This is not a SP only game, it does not have the length or replayability without multiplayer. Unless ND have mystically changed how they make games, but I doubt it.

Prior Uncharted 1 and 2 were fantastic single player games, Where is Uncharted 1? On my shelf, doesn't get used. Uncharted 2? In my PS3 occasionally. MP gives a reason to revisit the game.

Just giving a SP leaves no reason to return to the game, unless it's a pretty large and diverse game. ND don't make those kind of games in my experience so far.

This argument I've seen many times and only once it's been right out of the 100's of times I've seen it. GTA really does not need MP. The games have very long stories with loads of things to do on the side. That is the kind of game that does not need MP.

TLoU without MP would be a waste of money. Just like Tomb Raider was, despite it's excellent SP.. It's still a coaster for my coffee or pepsi since the MP sucks and theres no reason to return once your finished.

Message 14 of 60 (174 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

May 15, 2013
^I'll probably play it a bunch of times. Then keep it because it deserves a spot in my collection. Then probably play it again and again over the months and years.

You see, some games don't need tons of replay value for you to keep them. I have kept heavy rain and La noire and portal 2. Why? Cus even though they don't have them replay value to me, they still earned their spot in moly collection for being amazing games
Message 15 of 60 (168 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

May 15, 2013
And **bleep** auto correct
Message 16 of 60 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

May 15, 2013

While my excitement is towards single player, multi player is always a good addition to a game. For.those of you worried about single player taking a hit, if anybody can do a amazing single player with a fun multiplayer with great re playability, it's naughty dog. (Just look at UC2) 

Message 17 of 60 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

May 15, 2013

themarcshark223 wrote:
^I'll probably play it a bunch of times. Then keep it because it deserves a spot in my collection. Then probably play it again and again over the months and years.

You see, some games don't need tons of replay value for you to keep them. I have kept heavy rain and La noire and portal 2. Why? Cus even though they don't have them replay value to me, they still earned their spot in moly collection for being amazing games

Portal 2 has replay value.. But you need the PC version. New stuff all the time on that Smiley Happy

If I'm right though the PS3 version came free with a PC version. Well mine did anyway.

My intentions are the same with any other game, unless it's going to offer me alternative things to do that I haven't seen before. Play it on the hardest difficulty, if that isn't available, I'd have to play twice, by the second time I'd be irritated that I've seen it all, but I'd still continue.

Well I still own Tomb Raider, It's under my bottle of Dr Pepper. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 60 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

May 15, 2013
I'm in it for the story, and the emotional ride. If MP is anything like Red Dead, then I'll spend lots of time on it. But, we haven't heard anything yet, so I'm all SP.

Message 19 of 60 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

May 15, 2013

Thats a stupid question ! people who buys this game or any game that has MP SHOULD CARE about MP , 60 dollars is alot of F***ing money & i want my money"s worth POINT BLANK PERIOD -_- ..... & also MP is good for replayability , i dont kno about yall but i cant sit there & play a story i beat 3 times already , i would probably end up trading it in to GameStop if theres nothing else to do after i beat the game

Message 20 of 60 (128 Views)